Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I HATE TWO STEP PASSWORDS NOW

justshowingjustshowing
Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
in Technical Support
my computer has been acting stupid lately
i had to redownload mabi and the launcher and it asked me for a password it sent to my old email thats been deactivated due to inactivity for AGES!
the reason why i never logged back into the old microsoft account was because i used a two step authentication app on a phone that died long ago.
microsoft will NOT recover my email, even though i have the phone number at least. no they want me to walk through the BS steps that ask me to remember everything without any human error.

forget your dogs name? your favorite super hero? or favorite job? nah sorry your screwed. microsoft wont do shet to save your ass.

is there any way ANYWAY possible to change my email and password on my nexon account without the main acocunt?
the only reason why i got my nexon account working right now is because of facebook. Facebook.

please excuse my language, i'm so upset i almost lost my level 20k elf...
those years of work was the invention of a twats titty twisting tinacious turtore trip.

Comments

• asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited August 18, 2019
    If you know your Nexon account information and details...I would suggest putting in a support ticket. They will ask those details for verification and they should be able to change your email for your account. Without any of it..you are pretty much at a loss.

With the wave of events...even a newly created account and character...you should have a ton of AP to make up for the loss of total level. Don't forget they let you freely rebirth until...I think 5K total level. With that amount of AP saved up it shouldn't really matter too too much. Best of luck tho.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    i'll try agian with support then.
    asnscorpio
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If you know enough of your Nexon's account info, try to see if they can transfer it to a new email?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You will have to prove you own the account. This is usually done by having access to the e-mail account it is associated with. If you can't prove it, they can't release the account to you since, from their point of view, you might not be you. Hopefully it'll work out for you but be ready to be S.O.L.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    omg it took forever but its resolved. im now using an email adress thats more current, thats not in limbo, and i get to keep my nexon account with it too!

nexon support did it! thanks team!!!
    omg it took forever but its resolved. im now using an email adress thats more current, thats not in limbo, and i get to keep my nexon account with it too!

That's good to hear. Now you can play again.
  • HelsaHelsa

How did you prove to them that you were you?
    Helsa wrote: »

How did you prove to them that you were you?

Resilience, persistence, and patience I think were traits used in this. And of course, good manners.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    it was because i could log in using facebook. and the guy was awesome and not a stick in the mud about it :D
    it was because i could log in using facebook. and the guy was awesome and not a stick in the mud about it :D

So somehow your Facebook account was probably using your old email and you were able to link it?
  • HelsaHelsa

If you could log-in using Facebook, couldn't you have then just manually changed your passwords to something you would remember and nevermind tech support?
  • justshowingjustshowing

If you could log-in using Facebook, couldn't you have then just manually changed your passwords to something you would remember and nevermind tech support?

my old microsoft account was never used. i made it for logging into games only and i never used it for anything else.
    since i never logged into that account on microsoft it died in limbo and on top of that i thought it would be a great idea to have a stupid two step password on it.

but everythings fine now! its on my new account and i'll take better care of it QwQ
  • HelsaHelsa

my old microsoft account was never used. i made it for logging into games only and i never used it for anything else.
    since i never logged into that account on microsoft it died in limbo and on top of that i thought it would be a great idea to have a stupid two step password on it.

but everythings fine now! its on my new account and i'll take better care of it QwQ

All's well that ends well. Did you write them down this time? On analogue media?

All's well that ends well. Did you write them down this time? On analogue media?

Well, the good thing it is resolved. Just wanted to pry out some more info to see if that would help others that may end up with potentially the same issue.
  • HelsaHelsa

Well, the good thing it is resolved. Just wanted to pry out some more info to see if that would help others that may end up with potentially the same issue.

The other concern is to determine if how it happened could be a security failure that could be exploited.