Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

welp

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,560
edited September 23, 2019 in General Chat
there now going be sale tax on nx anyone else mad about this i think i might stop buying nx now

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    there now going be sale tax on nx anyone else mad about this i think i might stop buying nx now

It may vary depending on where you live.
    pawcalypse
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Also the exchange rate of currencies if you are not on the USD.
    edited September 23, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »

Nexon is priced with USD up north? Hold that thought.

No, buy all your untaxed NX now before Oct 1 and then stop.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Lmao with these changes 20k nx is going to cost me close to $33.
  • HelsaHelsa

Nexon is priced with USD up north? Hold that thought.

Of course not, ding dong. But if we buy a 50NX card we don't actually get 50NX.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I never bought NX in the first place. So it doesn't bother me none.
    Sucks for those who buy it regularly though.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited September 24, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »

Everyone starts out that way; I was no exception. But then Nexon handed out free NX, like a pusher handing out free crack at a playground, and I was hooked!
    Harukari wrote: »

Everyone starts out that way; I was no exception. But then Nexon handed out free NX, like a pusher handing out free crack at a playground, and I was hooked!

It was the free NX. Like opioids they are.
    Wolfsingerstarkiller1286
  • Racoon69Racoon69
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    The five states that don’t have a sales tax:
    Alaska
    Delaware
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Oregon
    They say you will have to put in a zip code to calculate sales tax. why not just find a zipcode for a city in one of those states? then boom, no sales tax on your NX!
  • Racoon69Racoon69
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Racoon69 wrote: »
    Alaska
    Delaware
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Oregon
    They say you will have to put in a zip code to calculate sales tax. why not just find a zipcode for a city in one of those states? then boom, no sales tax on your NX!

I have a feeling, they'll take the zip code of your billing info, unless you're able to lie about your billing address.

I dont save any of my billing info when i check out. they have a checkbox asking to save the info to the account just in case, and i always say no, or i just buy a Karma Coin, those have no tax either, and my place i go to has one of those $10-500 choose your cash type of cards, so i can get a custom amount
    Alaska
    Delaware
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Oregon

I have a feeling, they'll take the zip code of your billing info, unless you're able to lie about your billing address.
    Alaska
    Delaware
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Oregon

I dont save any of my billing info when i check out. they have a checkbox asking to save the info to the account just in case, and i always say no, or i just buy a Karma Coin, those have no tax either, and my place i go to has one of those $10-500 choose your cash type of cards, so i can get a custom amount

Well, I think you'll still have to enter a physical address.

Karma Coin will be taxed when you redeem it they say, so if your area sales tax is x%, x% amount of NX will be deducted when you redeem it.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited September 24, 2019
    neat seems that I won't have to worry about this one. ( though nowadays I just buy NX for the style slot )

capture_3.JPG
    capture_3.JPG

https://quaderno.io/blog/sales-tax-digital-products-us/
    https://www.avalara.com/us/en/learn/whitepapers/identification-taxability-of-digital-products.html

side note: wouldn't be a big deal if I had to but nice to know.
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerstarkiller1286
  • alissanalyzeralissanalyzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Every time someone uses that phrase, "i'm going to stop spending on nx", they still spend on NX anyways. You can't fool Nexon, they got you by the tail.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Alaska
    Delaware
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Oregon

Will this affect VPNs?
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Alaska
    Delaware
    Montana
    New Hampshire
    Oregon

Will this affect VPNs?

We'll find out.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Every time someone uses that phrase, "i'm going to stop spending on nx", they still spend on NX anyways. You can't fool Nexon, they got you by the tail.

I had to stop because college funds
    I sold my soul to a different devil, sorry Nexon XD
    Kensamaofmari
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

Any college debt?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

Any college debt?

On my way, maybe halfway done with general ed and outta muns, so gonna have to borrow from somewhere.
    the game begins now