Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dungeon Reward Rate Increase Event

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    A better use of a Dungeon-Event would be to not just allow 8 players like it had been originally, but, have the skill-sets work like they once did in terms of loading time, rather than being on cool-downs, and a «scaling» difficulty adjusted according to party/member stats (I don't have any titles in mind or off-hand, but, some games do this, effectively, allowing for more consistent «strategic» play rather than the late trend of these recent Generations to simply be able to AOE-OHKO any Pre-G22-Content).
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Greta wrote: »
    Katherz wrote: »
    For a limited time, enjoy an increase in drop rates for some of Uladh's rarest items! To get the most out of this event, you can now go into these dungeons with up to 7 of your friends! Check out the details below.

dungeon_play_header_590x165.jpg

Event Dates: Thursday, October 3, After Maintenance - Thursday, October 31, Before Maintenance

Event Details

• During the event, you can enter Uladh Dungeons with a maximum of 8 party members.

Is it too much to make that part permanent?

Cause that's how it was long before you came here.

Dungeon runs with a party of 8 should return as a permanent feature.

Been saying that since their dungeon "revamp", but it looks more like dungeon nerf to me. More effort to run same dungeon for pretty much same rewards with crappy odds.

Still, more people = more chests.

And more people also usually means faster clear times, so more runs in a set time.

Also, more people scrambling to the end chests at the dead ends of the map if your looking to tailor the robe
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    For a limited time, enjoy an increase in drop rates for some of Uladh's rarest items! To get the most out of this event, you can now go into these dungeons with up to 7 of your friends! Check out the details below.

Event Dates: Thursday, October 3, After Maintenance - Thursday, October 31, Before Maintenance

Event Details

• During the event, you can enter Uladh Dungeons with a maximum of 8 party members.

Been saying that since their dungeon "revamp", but it looks more like dungeon nerf to me. More effort to run same dungeon for pretty much same rewards with crappy odds.

And more people also usually means faster clear times, so more runs in a set time.

Also, more people scrambling to the end chests at the dead ends of the map if your looking to tailor the robe

Well, that person could just run the dungeon solo if their main interest is the Destructive/Demon Child stuff (never heard of the Demon Child stuff, though).
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Event Details

Well, that person could just run the dungeon solo if their main interest is the Destructive/Demon Child stuff (never heard of the Demon Child stuff, though).

Demon Child are the Succubus Fiend things.
    For some reason the pattern refers to them as Demon Child but the actual items are Succubus Fiend.
    Only pattern I'd found for them so far was called Demon Child Boots, but once I actually made them they're actually called Succubus Fiend Boots.
    There should be patterns for the dress and bracelet.

Not sure on any other places they drop from, by I found my pattern from one of Rabbie Advanced's dead end chests, so at least it's not Phantasm you have to do to find them.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited October 7, 2019
    We really need 8 people being allowed into dungeons to be permanent again. I don't mind if the drop rate goes back to what it was after the event, but having only 4 people enter the dungeon has completely killed guild mat grinding nights. Completing Alby Advanced Hard Mode used to be fun and something my guild and I would stay up till 4 am doing. I don't mind that dungeon being longer now with beefier monsters, but the fact that we can't take 8 people is what really kills it for us. It's not just about being able to complete the dungeon quicker, it's also about socializing with the guild while doing something productive all night as well. Now the only larger party options we have are lords, 2 regular shadow missions, memento, and raids. And the only ones off of that list that have rewards that are worth anything are memento and raids.

Grinding for celtic mats with an 8 man team used to be fun, sociable, and productive because that's one of the few mats without insane drop rates and weapons that are actually worth something. Now it's just not an option if I want to do something with a larger guild, and having less to do as a guild has contributed to it dieing off. We're not completely dead but we're definitely not as big as we used to be and there isn't really a reason to recruit more members since you only need 3 friends to play the majority of the game. Heck, we may not have ever needed a server merge if the dungeon entrance # wasn't decreased to 4 people. I really think that's the biggest contributor to this game's death. Please set it back to 8 people permanently.
    LuzLightCrimsọnRadiant DawnDarkpixie99Sherri
  • LuzLightLuzLight
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    I want to see this party size of 8 to be permanent as this was the feature that had me actually interact with guilds and their runs. Why hurt the community, running dungeon groups like this is very fun.

Higher party size would increase the amount of materials in circulation throughout the economy and would allow more crafting.

Please understand Nexon America, We Are Not Korea or Japan where they have insane amount of people that have actual gear. NA is near only 10% of the player base that can actually run super hard content. This fact applies to the new content that is about to be released "Veteran Dungeon" from Korea. Are we just going to be doing 4 people again and have only 10% of the actual player base be able to even attempt to finish?
    ShakayaGretaSherriRadiant DawnDarkpixie99Nilrem
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    the fact you made dungeons so damned worthless to do as a group is baffling, return the limit to 8 permanently.

Don't be like the worst company that removed a good feature only to return it as a event feature or cash grab, its stupid.

You have players who like to do dungeons with a lot of friends, taking that away kills it for them to doing something else besides dungeons while dungeons had been overshadowed for a long time now.
    CrimsọnSherriNilrem
  • RockkRockk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,350
    edited October 7, 2019
    I agree with the idea of returning to the eight-player limit in dungeons. Currently, the game is lacking activities that can be done with your guild. I understand there are now Guild Wars or Raids, which are aimed at high-level players, but what about low leveled guilds with lots of members that want something more casual and less competitive? One option for them is running dungeons, which can reward them with materials to craft better gear. Having a limit of four players means only a few will have access to those mats, increasing the rarity and abuse of prices, making them inaccessible to casual players.

Please consider keeping the eight-player limit permanent. It helps materials to circulate better in the servers and is also a good activity for guilds and groups of friends.
    Sherri
  • Blackrose13Blackrose13
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    I really would like the 8 people per dungeon to be permanent. It would give player base more to do. Currently big guilds have to split groups just to include everyone and we can't all socialize and make memories with everyone that way. It would also help some of the newer fanbase to catch up to the new content quicker. Even if the mats increased drop rate ends that's okay. The more people the merrier and it helps the market become a better place too. It's a feature that should have never been taken, and to only return as an event is a bit upsetting. Please make it a permanent return
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Just throwing in my 2 cents - I'd love for the 8 Player Dungeon thing to be permanent once again. It's really disappointing when you wanna run dungeons with a friend group just for the game to let only FOUR people in..
    CrimsọnIyasenuNilremRadiant DawnWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    #make8playerdungeonspermanent
    IyasenuNilremRadiant DawnKensamaofmariSherriWolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Sherri wrote: »
    Just throwing in my 2 cents - I'd love for the 8 Player Dungeon thing to be permanent once again. It's really disappointing when you wanna run dungeons with a friend group just for the game to let only FOUR people in..

Unless your friends wanted to stream on mixer, there's no way in game to stay connected. (Not counting IRL LAN cables.)