Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No more timed event items.

HarukariHarukari
Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
in Feedback and Suggestions
Seriously, what is the point of this?
People with alts can't do anything with items from events if they cannot be traded.

Example; the attendance event going on right now.
These fruits are not tradeable, and I assume they can be traded via bank tabs, but not to other players, so what is the point of the timers?

Can we just go back to event items NOT having timers? It's very annoying when you get a worthwhile item like trade unlock, enchant protection pot, protective/lucky stones.. etc and have nothing to use them on for the time being and most likely won't by the time said item is going to expire.

Sorry if this has already been suggested .
DanievictriaDraechTwistedxFateIyasenuAmarazEmilieBerrySollSpringvioletSherrixSho76

Comments

• DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I've gotten so many things over the summer (particularly skill training boost potions from the recent game board event) that I would have loved to save for an opportune moment, but I've had to either toss or use up right away because of that timer crap. Don't the devs trust us to be able to manage our own resources responsibly? Heck, making items impossible to put on pets or in the bank is bad enough (*cough*Giant event skill training potions*cough*), but these timers are just ridiculous.

Also, honorable mention to the pets that expire after 30 days. I'd rather get a level 1 pet that I can have permanently than a level 200 pet that goes bye-bye in a month. Just sayin'...
    HarukariTwistedxFateSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Here's my input on it.
    If it's not a tradeable item, then it shouldn't have an expiration timer.
    I'm ok to have some items that are tradeable expire. That way it makes people use the items in a timely manner than keep endless hoarding.
    HarukarililblkroseTwistedxFate
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    I really want two things:
    - No more expiration timers on non-tradable items;
    - To be able to send non-tradable items to other characters on your account/to store them on pets.

It's not like there's any reason to prevent your other characters on your account to not be able to get some items, and I have my VIP inventory (which is now locked) filled to the brim with training potions that can't be traded/stored in the bank or on pets.
    HarukariSherriAmarazTwistedxFatelilblkrose
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited August 23, 2019
    There really is no reason to put timers on non tradeable items.
    And yes all event items should be tradeable with another character on the account. Cause if you log into another character that isn't your main, but didn't know about a hottime item, you're pretty much SOL.
    TwistedxFate
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    I was about to make a post about this as well. Like everyone has said already..
    Stop with the non-tradeable items and expireable(?) pets! I'm 99% sure that every player would much rather have a perma lvl 1 event pet than a 30 day expiring event pet at lvl 200. It's the second dirtiest move to pull on the players
    An expired pet is a dead pet.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It would be better if they'd just make it so our whole account can do events.
    Event currency? No problem, shove it in the bank for your main to pick up later.
    Worried about bots, event abuse, etc.? Untradeable, bankable only. Done.
    Ez money.

Also, I'm also kind sick of getting pets that expire.
    I miss the good ol' days where you got a lvl 1 perm pet, but at the same time,.. level 200/age 1 bone dragon saved my butt many times. :'D
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited August 29, 2019
    I agree with the non-trade-able expiring items part. But I think the expiring pets are less about giving the player a pet to use and more about giving them a crutch for progressing and to use with divine link at least for this particular event. I don't think its a good idea to give the player a permanent level 200 rare pet for free tbh. Yeah I'm sure we'd all love a free Spirit of Tuan, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea from Nexon's end. If they just give away all the good pets so easily then who is gonna buy pets when they sell them? We get A LOT of free permanent pets these days some only good for looking cute/inventory, but also some very useful ones like the 4 seat sweet coffee wagon (good for cooks/potion making).
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    It would be nice if they put some of those nice pets up more often.
    It would be nice if they put some of those nice pets up more often that don't expire..

Fixed.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    It would be nice if they put some of those nice pets up more often that don't expire..

Fixed.
    Pretty sure they were referring to the cash shop rather than event pets. Cash shop pets don't expire, they just get taken off the shop. Who ever controls the business end of things needs to revise their strategy on limited availability pets. But that's a topic for another thread.

Miliardo wrote: »

Fixed.
    Pretty sure they were referring to the cash shop rather than event pets. Cash shop pets don't expire, they just get taken off the shop. Who ever controls the business end of things needs to revise their strategy on limited availability pets. But that's a topic for another thread.

Hush, I'm trying to make it funny and correspond to the original thread purpose.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    I agree with original post
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Miliardo wrote: »
    Yeah I'm sure we'd all love a free Spirit of Tuan, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea from Nexon's end

They've given us a free permanent Spirit of Tuan before. Permanent event pets was something I'd considered a huge improvement over the Old Nexon from 2008-2012 that everyone hated - it showed that they weren't just trying to milk the game to death with prem/pay2win events (anyone remember white tiger robes?).

Hyping up free event pets was one of the few ways I could get old players who quit excited enough to come back, even for a little while, because they couldn't believe how nice and generous Nexon had become now. Now that they're expiring it's just meh. I'm not gonna hype that nonsense up.

Like everyone else, I didn't get an Attendance Completion box for the first part of the current event because of the bug. Now that I have actually received one, I'm ticked off again. It's a box with a 7 day expiry, containing two items with 30-day expiries, one of which is another box where you can select your choice of upgrade stone, which will also expire in 30 days. Why??

The upgrade stone is limited to one trade, which means certain multiclienters with 60-90 accounts will have no problems transferring heaps of prot stones to their mains or selling them off for easy cash. What's the point? Event prizes with this combination of limitations are only facilitating their event abuse. I'd rather have an untradeable permanent stone. It's still technically possible to abuse those but at least they'd have to fumble around with trade unlock potions to do so.

If the guy with 90 accounts manages to sell all his stones for 2m ea that's an easy 180m minus fees. Great for him, but I'm getting real sick of all this.
    KensamaofmariDraechHarukariRadiant DawnGretaSherri
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Inb4 we get expiring 30-day GMs/CMs.
    Draech wrote: »

Bot
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Draech wrote: »

Bruh, some did expire already and one of them apparently had Enchant Expiration Removal Scroll. :D
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited October 9, 2019
    We are active players and don't need items that end up on the floor due to time running out. Sometimes players are working on other skills and unable to use items at that moment, that defeat the purpose of giving the items in the first place. Please remove time on untraded items because no one can use it except the holder of the item or items.
    DanievictriaKensamaofmariSherri
    We are active players and don't need items that end up on the floor due to time running out. Sometimes players are working on other skills and unable to use items at that moment, that defeat the purpose of giving the items in the first place. Please remove time on untraded items because no one can use it except the holder of the item or items.

And they wonder why all the waterway of Erinn are filled with trash.
    HarukariSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Exactly, I'd rather get nothing at all than some item that will just expire before I can actually use it.
    I also still stand by my previous rant about 'Main Only Events' being dumb.