Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Culinary artist + cooking expansion content

SollSoll
Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
in Feedback and Suggestions
Give the man a storyline and background.

Related content updates:
Chef's passion gains a passive bonus to ingredient hunting, and ingredient drops from animals (not leather.) Becomes craftable via blacksmithing (using materials that exist currently, gotta mention) and can be upgraded/special upgraded.

New mob drops: different cuts of meat from various animals in Iria and uladh both, like gnus, aardvaks, sheep, Wolves, buffalos, lizards, scorpions, crabs, horses, ostriches, alligator, etc.
Millepede skewers? :D

New meat-type items, like ribs, feet, loin, strips, ground meat and such.

New recipes that would use those new cuts of meat, at different methods of cooking.

Cooking dans: new methods of cooking, involves confectionary and cheese making for instance.

Iria field bosses also get new drops and dishes, similar to tech's kraken dishes. Mammoth and yeti gain a tailoring pattern for a robe made from pelt drops.

I call this the foodienogi update. :D
Kensamaofmarililblkrose

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Always to remember to make use of the remaining ingredients that can't be cooked yet.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I'm still waiting on the ability to craft those alcoholic drinks that were in the Connous Beach events (these craftable versions wouldn't have the bonuses they had in the event)
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited October 7, 2019
    A lot of cooking should begin with a Mirepoix: Mixing, 50% Onion, 25% celery 25% Carrots. From that you can make different stocks, say Chicken stock: Boiling, Water 50%, Chicken 15%, Mirepoix 35%. Stock can go into making soups or sauces.
    Kensamaofmari
    edited October 8, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    A lot of cooking should begin with a Mirepoix: Mixing, 50% Onion, 25% celery 25% Carrots. From that you can make different stocks, say Chicken stock: Boiling, Water 50%, Chicken 15%, Mirepoix 35%. Stock can go into making soups or sauces.

Would be great to see expansion of variety of soups.
    Beef stock
    Pork stock
    Fish stock
    I'm still waiting on the ability to craft those alcoholic drinks that were in the Connous Beach events (these craftable versions wouldn't have the bonuses they had in the event)

All the mojitos?
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870

What about the Cajun Trinity (onions, celery, and bell peppers). Also, Mirepoix usually involves cooking the ingredients. Otherwise, you're basically just be making Mixed Vegetables.

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Mixed_Vegetables

The troublesome part is that I'm not sure which method would be appropriate. Stir-frying would use too high of heat, and Simmering involves water (whereas Mirepoix is usually made with butter or oil).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirepoix_(cuisine)

As for Cooking dans, what about Smoking?
    Kensamaofmari
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Oh, and add onion powder and garlic powder to this game! Salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder are the foundational spices in 90% of all cooking in my family! Chicken, fish, beef, pork, all start with those four spices. We don't even make tuna sandwiches without adding onion powder, garlic powder, and celery seed to the mixture! ...OMG! I just realized Mabi doesn't even have celery seed as a cooking ingredient!! We need more common spices!!! How can you make a proper tuna sandwich without celery seed (and, no, grated fresh celery does not cut it)?! The answer: YOU CAN'T!!! And the bread, of course, must be toasted to get that nice contrasting texture between the soft tuna and the rough, crunchy bread!! Cooking in Mabi is so shallow...
    Kensamaofmari
    Oh, and add onion powder and garlic powder to this game! Salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder are the foundational spices in 90% of all cooking in my family! Chicken, fish, beef, pork, all start with those four spices. We don't even make tuna sandwiches without adding onion powder, garlic powder, and celery seed to the mixture! ...OMG! I just realized Mabi doesn't even have celery seed as a cooking ingredient!! We need more common spices!!! How can you make a proper tuna sandwich without celery seed (and, no, grated fresh celery does not cut it)?! The answer: YOU CAN'T!!! And the bread, of course, must be toasted to get that nice contrasting texture between the soft tuna and the rough, crunchy bread!! Cooking in Mabi is so shallow...

I noticed there are a lack of variety of cuisine. Most of the dishes that have been added are from Korean and Japanese cuisine. There is always so much more potential in cooking.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I'd rather have hunger be more meaningful first.

Not have it restore upon each level up, for one.
    KensamaofmariDanievictriaChoTHICCthighssavelives
  • HelsaHelsa
    Peanut butter, banana, and bacon: a sandwich fit for The King; a-huhn huhn.
    Kensamaofmari

I actually saw it on an old sandwich documentary the other day.
  • HelsaHelsa

I actually ate a sandwich the other day.
    Kensamaofmari

I actually ate a sandwich the other day.

I too ate a sandwich the other day. Classic ham and egg.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited October 11, 2019
    YangKoete wrote: »
    I'd rather have hunger be more meaningful first.

Not have it restore upon each level up, for one.

Hunger should tick down as a percentage of your character's total Stamina instead of at a fixed rate of 1 point per 100 seconds and when your fullness is really low, it should give the player a debuff that reduces their Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Will by 25% until they eat something really filling. That way, eating is more relevant for higher-level players, especially those who pride themselves on their DPS. Right now, if your Stamina is really high, it takes forever for your character to get hungry, and getting hungry doesn't really pose that much of a threat for lower-level characters either because of how quickly you can level up from quests and dungeons. The increased Stamina usage and hit to max Stamina just aren't enough on their own to make people worried about Hunger...
    ChoTHICCthighssavelives