Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

VIP/Premium Update

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 6, 2019
    VIP Service

You will receive all the benefits of Premium Service.

You can create a guild. - Don't care
    You can lease a house from the Housing channel. - Don't care
    You will receive a birthday present from Nao on the character's birthday. - Don't care
    You can use all premium gestures. - Don't care
    The camping penalty is removed. - Don't care
    You can revive in town without the EXP penalty. - Don't care
    You will receive an additional 10% Combat EXP.- Eh
    You will gain 2.5x equipment proficiency. - Don't care
    The VIP Inventory tab will be available to you. - Don't care
    There is no fee when withdrawing a check.- Eh
    There is no fee when withdrawing a Guild Check. - Don't care
    You will no longer receive a logout penalty when commercing. - Don't care
    You can rent a Taillteann Farm. - Don't care

VIP Exclusive Benefits
    You will receive an additional 30% for quest EXP.- Eh
    You will receive a daily Advanced Play item. - Don't care
    You can choose to get the Advanced Play item designated for the day, or you can choose to draw one randomly. - Don't care
    You can receive all of the Advanced Play items from all of your characters on your account, via a Bank. - Don't care
    You can use Nao's Resurrection without the use of Nao's stones 3 times a day. - Don't care
    You will have unlimited Continent Warp. - Don't care
    You can list an item in the Auction House for 60 hours. - Don't care
    There is an Auction House fee discount (transaction fee is decreased to 4%). - Don't care
    Combo Cards do not expire. - Don't care
    You have free access to the Style Tab. - Don't care
    The Echostone Tab will not expire. - Don't care
    The cooldown when changing a talent title is removed. - Don't care
    Durability of items decay 25% slower.- Eh
    There are VIP-exclusive Shadow Missions. - Don't care
    There is 5 additional Auction House slots for you to use. - Eh
    The amount of gold that you can store in a check is increased to 40 million. - Don't care
    If you have a house leased in your homestead, you will have an additional Auction House slot. - Don't care
    You will get a free extension to your Homestead Housing lease. - Don't care
    You can use the Traveler's Guide without gold usage. - Don't care
    The gold limit for a personal shop is increased to 20 million gold. - Don't care

Greta wrote: »
    Nothing real important here then...

What did you expect though?

I expect nothing, because I don't need the pay service. It doesn't help my game play.

It does if you read it, which you seem having trouble to. VIP users have many perks over usual player who doesn't pay.

Yes I read everything and this is my opinion, ergo, not important to me...

Doesn't justify the fact that it's still useful to most players and every VIP user wanted this.
    Sherri
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE VIP!!! that is what I said from the beginning. Congratulations to those who do! Now stop being a damn troll Greta. Telling me I cant read. SMH
  • AzurexrinAzurexrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    Since I don't see any questions about these...

Will VIP Users be able to obtain [additional] Equipment Slots (up to 5)? // Will All characters in an Account with VIP have access to Equip Swap Slots?
    Will VIP Users be able to access Shy's VIP Shop similar to Korea's?
    Is, "The cooldown when changing a talent title is removed," a google translate of Korea's Title swap (not having to wait ingame midnights to swap titles)...?
    Sherri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited October 6, 2019
    Player base: WE WANT VIP UPDATE GIVE US VIP UPDATE WAHHHHH!!!
    Nexon gives VIP update
    Playerbase: WE DONT WANT THIS NEXON

Can people be more ungrateful?
    GretaNegumikoCrimsọnDraechDomeWolfsingerSherriEdethaPolicroma
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Nexon gives VIP update

More likely some people are trolls here because even though i'm not VIP user i still supported this update.
    NegumikoCrimsọnDraechWolfsingerSherriRadiant Dawn
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Nexon gives VIP update

More likely some people are trolls here because even though i'm not VIP user i still supported this update.

plus it is a lot better then getting another gacha which is mostly all we get in the cash shop these days. I am extremely grateful and happy this update is finally getting done cause our current VIP/Premium is outdated crap, literally every other version of mabi has better VIP then we do at the moment. finally there is something to buy other then gacha. this update won't solve all the problems with our current and bad cash shop but it is a huge step in the right direction. players should be more grateful nexon listened and decided to do update this, nobody is forcing you to buy it but anything is better then the VIP we have now and we even get a week free. there is no reason to complain about a update that only improves thing for everyone.
    CrimsọnDraechDomeWolfsingerSherriRadiant Dawn
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Honestly I'm kinda interested but at the moment, it's not really offering anything to justify the cost. To me. Many of the items offered have timers or require time investments *I* don't have time for.

Things I would pay for that are already could be put in game.;
    The Soul Stream as Vip area that you could enter or exit at any time. Including giving outfits to Nao whenever (no wait to change outfits).
    Fishing area that has fished items from all locations.
    Cheaper repair rates 100%.
    Natural dye vendor (1 per day)
    GM events - Weddings, rare shopping trips, special auctions, campfire story event.
    Others see Nao when she revives you.
    Vip dungeons where you can hunt items from old gachapon (manuals, outfits, event stuff.
    Special shops with unique stuff, no stat better, just unique appearance.

This is the stuff *I* would offer. Somethings to make VIPs feel like vip. Take a handful and make them standard for vip. Have them change every few months. Have special holiday areas with special holiday drops. Something that those without vip drool over and want to get vip.

At the moment I do have to agree with the "Meh" sentiment from others as it stands.
    KensamaofmariSherrililblkrose
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE VIP!!! that is what I said from the beginning. Congratulations to those who do! Now stop being a damn troll Greta. Telling me I cant read. SMH

Huh.. from reading the past posts and your post saying how much you didn't care for anything a majority of the VIP update, well.. you sound like you AFK a majority of the time and don't even play (I could be wrong, it just from what I've read so far.)
    This VIP update benefits a lot of playstyles.. Combat Addicts to Players who dislike combat/rather do life skills, Fashionogis to Shopkeepers, End game to noob..
    I really have a hard time seeing how it doesn't 'affect your playstyle'.
    Sure, you could live without it. That's probably what I'll be doing, but a lot of what it offers is very beneficial.
    GretaWolfsingerWlia
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Nexon gives VIP update

It's like what you would see out of an anime/manga comedy plot
    Darkpixie99WolfsingerSherriRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 11, 2019
    I'm sick of singular

So what do YOU want then?

You're entitled to your opinions but just keep in mind that this game does not revolve around you. Players besides you have wanted this for a long time. Are you just mad that this is something you can't benefit from? If that's the case that's pretty childish and selfish of you.

This not only goes for you, but this also goes out similar players like you who don't want something that the community is getting. Don't like it? Well then it doesn't pertain to you.

Yeah I am back, warning expired.
    WolfsingerSherrivampryn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Crims wrote: »
    I'm sick of singular

So what do YOU want then?

You're entitled to your opinions but just keep in mind that this game does not revolve around you. Players besides you have wanted this for a long time. Are you just mad that this is something you can't benefit from? If that's the case that's pretty childish and selfish of you.

This not only goes for you, but this also goes out similar players like you who don't want something that the community is getting. Don't like it? Well then it doesn't pertain to you.

Yeah I am back, warning expired.

Welcome back, good to see you're still going strong.
    Crimsọnvampryn
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    With this going on partially during my fall break this year, I'm kind of happy about it...but I also have a lot of work to do on my independent study project, so I still won't have too much time to play. The biggest thing to me, though, is the free style tab access...though, really, I think it's about time to just make the style tab free for all players anyhow, since locking something like that behind a paywall is sooooo early 2000's...
    SherriWolfsinger
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    With this going on partially during my fall break this year, I'm kind of happy about it...but I also have a lot of work to do on my independent study project, so I still won't have too much time to play. The biggest thing to me, though, is the free style tab access...though, really, I think it's about time to just make the style tab free for all players anyhow, since locking something like that behind a paywall is sooooo early 2000's...

early 2000's?

lady have you SEEN what bull crap the major gaming market is doing lately?
    SherriDraechWlia
  • SherriSherri

Doesn't make it any better that wearing tails and special face accessories are also locked behind that paywall..
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 13, 2019
    Would be nice if VIP users could change to any and all Dressing Room customization options entirely for free at any time during VIP subscription. (Including the Beauty Coupon and Premium options.)
    I think such an option would be a very nice incentive for fashionogi enthusiasts to invest in the VIP service.
    DraechSherriNegumikoKensamaofmariCrimsọnWolfsingerLeinei
  • SherriSherri
    Would be nice if VIP users could change to any and all Dressing Room customization options entirely for free at any time during VIP subscription. (Including the Beauty Coupon and Premium options.)
    I think such an option would be a very nice incentive for fashionogi enthusiasts to invest in the VIP service.

I'd definitely get VIP if this was an option!! :O
    Darkpixie99NegumikoxSho76CrimsọnWolfsinger
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390

Just a shame this won't happen as long as the Beauty Gacha's around. Why gamble when you could just get a month of VIP to get the features you want, guaranteed?
    Darkpixie99WolfsingerSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 14, 2019
    Draech wrote: »

Just a shame this won't happen as long as the Beauty Gacha's around. Why gamble when you could just get a month of VIP to get the features you want, guaranteed?

Beauty gachas could still be around, we just want something more accessible than storage coupons. We've always wanted a system where if you use a beauty coupon it permanently unlocks it and you could switch over to it by spending a little bit of pon. But noooooooooo we have STUPID 6$ storage coupons. This causes hairstyles to rot in banks for months on end.

Darkpixie99WolfsingerSherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited October 17, 2019
    Crims wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »

Beauty gachas could still be around, we just want something more accessible than storage coupons. We've always wanted a system where if you use a beauty coupon it permanently unlocks it and you could switch over to it by spending a little bit of pon. But noooooooooo we have STUPID 6$ storage coupons. This causes hairstyles to rot in banks for months on end.

Yup. They took a problem and made it 10x worse.

EDIT: Also a quick question - how much will VIP/Premium cost now?
    Darkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 19, 2019
    @Katherz hey um, how much are they going to charge for the updated services? :(

I have a bad feeling about all this...
    SherriNegumikoDarkpixie99