Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Divine Knights sequence-break/prerequisite broken

MairuMairu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
edited October 13, 2019 in Bugs and Glitches
I've made a new character on my account meant for a livestream run of the main storyline starting with G1, and the starting quest for Divine Knights, 'Sense of Loss', doesn't adhere to the 'cumulative level 800' prerequisite.

The character is Kalxbroc, on the Nao server.

Instead, as soon as I reached cumulative level 20 or so on the character (I wasn't keeping complete track of it at the time), the questline became active.

I haven't started the first Generation on the character so it's not gotten in the way of the stream yet, but because it takes priority over other quests that involve talking to Duncan I can't just ignore it since 'Sense of Loss' has a higher priority than other quests: For example, talking to Duncan for '[Guide] Building Renown' will instead activate his dialogue for the 'Sense of Loss' quest. Presumably the quest would cut in line and get in the way of quests like G1's 'The Snowy Hills of Sidhe Sneachta', which really breaks sequence, and would be a bit disruptive regardless if it's being live-streamed or just through normal gameplay.

As can be seen, the character has a cumulative level of 23, despite the stated storyline prerequisite, and the quest is clearly active and marking Duncan as the next quest NPC.
PrUzzY0.jpg

As a personal fix, it'd be nice to have the quest removed from this character, but more importantly it'd be great if the storyline activated when it's supposed to activate: after the character actually meets the prerequisite!
Alternatively, it'd be neat to have some sort of 'Quest priority' system or a button on the Quest window that manually disables/enables a quest so it's not automatically overriding other dialogue when you talk to quest-related NPCs.
xSho76

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    It never had that requirement as far as I know, since every new character (before and after the Chapter Info QoL update) gets the Sense of Loss immediately after completing everything that counts as the introductory tutorial. At the same time as you get that quest, you'll also get G1's initial quest.

Here's a Feedback & Suggestion thread about this: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2244/allow-us-to-choose-which-quests-to-start-advance
    SherriMairuFluorette
  • MairuMairu
    edited October 13, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    It never had that requirement as far as I know, since every new character (before and after the Chapter Info QoL update) gets the Sense of Loss immediately after completing everything that counts as the introductory tutorial. At the same time as you get that quest, you'll also get G1's initial quest.

Here's a Feedback & Suggestion thread about this: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2244/allow-us-to-choose-which-quests-to-start-advance

Which only makes it weird that they added the prereq but didn't update the storyline for it. They've even got Blaanid in the game now to pretty easily boost levels so anyone trying to rush to reach a level prerequisite would be able to do so in a really short amount of time, so there's not a great design/player QoL-related reason not to correct the discrepancy... Maybe it's a tough fix? idk how messy or complicated the quest scripting is. :/

I actually didn't get the G1 initial quest yet either - I've only gotten up to "Lorna and Pan's Gift" and stopped before doing the "Missing Townfolk" quest; I've been rationing out the quest EXP to get the most AP out of the rebirths on the character (level-ups nearly every quest completion to get more AP prior to the first G1 quest.) But yeah, if the first proper quest of G1 is the snowman earring one - then nope, I didn't get it yet, and Divine Knights started before G1 for me.

Definitely good to know the quest-choice suggestion is out there though; I was searching and I couldn't find any other threads that touched on the same-ish issue. Honestly should get more exposure on that, it's kind of really important if you come at it from the 'new player' side of things.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    edited October 15, 2019
    If I remember correctly, unlocking the prerequisite on any character for Divine Knights enables it for all. I might be wrong though.

Also, G1 and the Lorna quest are now "sorta" the same thing. Lorna Tutorials->G1. Although I haven't checked to see if Duncan will let you start the generation like he does for any other if you meet the minimum level requirement.
    Mairu
  • MairuMairu
    edited October 16, 2019
    Megasoul wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, unlocking the prerequisite on any character for Divine Knights enables it for all. I might be wrong though.

Also, G1 and the Lorna quest are now "sorta" the same thing. Lorna Tutorials->G1. Although I haven't checked to see if Duncan will let you start the generation like he does for any other if you meet the minimum level requirement.

Then it makes it even more odd that G22 doesn't start in the same manner since my main is also level 5k+ - and the only prerequisite for it is that you've reached cumulative level 5,000. So between the two of them G19 isn't following the stated prerequisite, and G22 apparently is (unless the written prerequisites are incorrect to begin with, and G22 needs G21's completion to begin). There's definitely something screwy going on with the start of G19.