Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A beginning newb magician request

JulieyeaaJulieyeaa
Mabinogi Rep: 430
in Nao Chat
Hey,

So I'm pretty new to the game. I been after ice spear quest. However getting the exploration pages has been a difficult task. If anyone has spares pages to give out ill take them from you. If not i'm willing to buy but keep in mind i'm poor 50k total gold.

Thanks,

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited October 16, 2019
    Hi!

What's your username in the game? I have pages 1, 2, 4, and 5 that I can hand over for no fee.
    Julieyeaa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    In the mean time you can get the poor-man's version of ice spear/fireball/thunder: Mana crystallization.
  • JulieyeaaJulieyeaa
    edited October 16, 2019
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Hi!

What's your username in the game? I have pages 1, 2, 4, and 5 that I can hand over for no fee.

Hey my name ingame is Vides. Thanks!

• KUR0_KUR0_KUNKUR0_KUR0_KUN
    Mabinogi Rep: 405
    Don't have any but i'm willing to party up if it makes the quests easier. I just started playing too
  • JulieyeaaJulieyeaa
    Don't have any but i'm willing to party up if it makes the quests easier. I just started playing too

Sure, I been trying to collect the stone imp to make glowing stone imp statue. Its so much work for 1 chance of a drop
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    edited October 19, 2019
    One thing you can do to make the quest easier is to farm adventure seals to buy exploration journal pages from the seal merchant. Several adventure seal quests are very newbie-friendly, including:

1. Weiss at Shyllien Nature Reserve gives you a daily Magic Craft part-time job. You'll be tasked with making one of three low-level magic craft items. Not only is it easy to get the Magic Craft skill (just click on the cauldron near Weiss and, boom), but this will also allow you to level Magic Craft a bit, which adds to your Intelligence stat.

2. Hector at Hillwen Mine gives you a daily Hillwen Engineering part-time job. Just like with Weiss, you are tasked with making one of three low-level items. Clicking on the work bench automatically gives you the skill you need, and leveling Hillwen Engineering also helps build your intelligence stat.

3. Gordon at Emain Macha gives you a daily cooking quest. Basically, just cook any food at 3-star quality or higher for him. The easiest food for this quest is Baked Potato because making a 4 or 5-star baked potato is basically a piece of cake. Just build up Cooking to rank F, buy a pot and ladle at the general store, dig up some potatoes (it's good to stockpile a stack of 5-10 for this), buy some salt or pepper, and you're good to go. When cooking your potato, add potato up to the end of the last "d" in the word "add" on the final "add" button on the cooking window, then fill the rest of the bar with either salt or pepper, and you're basically guaranteed a baked potato with a high enough star ranking to finish the quest.

4. Macaulay in Emain Macha gives a daily part-time job that involves the Handicraft skill. Just buy a Handicraft kit at the general store and learn the skill by reading the book "The World of Handicrafts", which you can get from the bookshop in Dunbarton for just 1000 gold. You need to have the skill learned and a handicraft kit to do the job, but it's really easy. (Pro tip: The Handicraft skill is actually very good for making easy early-game money. Just have the skill, the kit, and a gathering axe. Then, chop a bunch of firewood from some trees and make rolling pins. Rolling Pins sell for 256 gold each at any NPC shop, so that's basically free money right there! Plus, you build a skill that adds to your Dexterity stat too!)

5. Manolin at Port Cobh gives you a fetch quest for a Striped Marlin. You can fish one up right on the pier in town, or buy one from another player in the auction tab. Either way, it's a pretty easy quest. Plus, the Fishing skill gives you Will, Dexterity, Strength, and Stamina when you level it, so it's not a bad idea to do a little here and there. My big tip is to aim to keep the fish's nose as close to the center of the red box as possible to ensure a catch. Manolin also gives you a shark as a reward along with the adventure seal. Open the shark up and you have a chance to get either food waste or a wood board. Hang on to the wood boards, because they're used for one of the quests to rank your Campfire skill, plus they sell for a lot on the auction board too.

6. Madoc at Port Cobh gives you a fetch quest for five Large Nails. Easiest way to get these is to go around punching signs.

7. Dr. Lambert at the big ruins in the Rano Desert gives you a quest to go fetch a whole bunch of stuff for him from three different NPC's. I recommend doing this one last, because it requires you to hop continents a couple of times.

So, you can easily get 7 Adventure Seals a day on a low-level character just doing those quests. The Journal Pages are sold by the Seal Merchant on Tuesdays. Pages 1, 2, and 5 cost 5 seals each, and Pages 3 and 4 cost 30 seals each. So, if you did all of the seal quests listed above every day, you could easily buy both of the more expensive pages after two weeks and still have enough seals left over to buy two of the cheaper ones. Good luck on your quest to master magic!
    ookie