Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lotta 300s already...

KeyKey
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in General Chat
Kinda makes it super easy to peg who is using illicit program to fish doesn't it..

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 19, 2019
    Key wrote: »
    Kinda makes it super easy to peg who is using illicit program to fish doesn't it..

Um... No?

It's only Day 2 and my record is already 284 cm, which is really close and i'm sure i'll get mine until event ends.

Unless, you are in Nao then i have no idea how bad is there. Alexina only have 10 players who managed to fish up 300 cm or bigger. Biggest so far is 309 cm.
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    3hundred2007_13.jpg
    pawcalypseBlissfulkillWolfsingerKensamaofmari
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    The Rankings is a «Luck» based Event (and I am not referring to the Character-Stats)... given my «Luck» I can probably expect to never see any 300cm+ Fishies even if I were to use up every single piece of Bait available throughout the whole entire event... however, considering that this is Mabi, I have no need or reason to worry about missing out on too much, considering how it's always been back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Events ever since the beginning of this game's very release. With so many «freebies» or even high-end rewards for little or minimal «work» required you can always find some way to progress.
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Has anyone cashed in a 260+ fish? What do you get for it? The description doesn't say what you get for one and, from what I've read, the rewards for this event are kinda meh. Like the old joke about dogs, I'm really only doing it because I can.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Illicit program for fishing...

Really? smhlol.
    VeylaineWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    Has anyone cashed in a 260+ fish? What do you get for it? The description doesn't say what you get for one and, from what I've read, the rewards for this event are kinda meh. Like the old joke about dogs, I'm really only doing it because I can.

You get a quest which asks you to fish up 300 cm. And the reward for completing the quest is a title "Fishing Savant".
    Liberate
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    3hundred2007_13.jpg

"This is Emain — MACHA!"
    SherriErikaWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 19, 2019
    Just caught my new record: 296 cm.

Get fishing to r1 and find a second title for fishing or/and Adonis set and you are good to go.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Because of the Nishida Fishing Event, a lot of the older playerbase had an easy road to Rank 1 fishing by way of SkipAFishingRank potion spam.

It's pretty likely that anyone wearing a nishida or ice-fisher title already has rank1 fishing and hence catch bigger fish
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »

You get a quest which asks you to fish up 300 cm. And the reward for completing the quest is a 2nd title "Fishing Savant".

Okay, thanks. I know one of the NPCs seems to imply where you fish matters, so maybe there are "sweet spots"?
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Because of the Nishida Fishing Event, a lot of the older playerbase had an easy road to Rank 1 fishing by way of SkipAFishingRank potion spam.

It's pretty likely that anyone wearing a nishida or ice-fisher title already has rank1 fishing and hence catch bigger fish

I've mastered fishing and my biggest is 228cm after 700 bait, mind you I'm not wearing any of my fancy-shmancy fishing titles and I'm using a regular fishing rod; maybe I'll give those a try.
  • KeyKey
    Mabinogi Rep: 200

You get a quest which asks you to fish up 300 cm. And the reward for completing the quest is a 2nd title "Fishing Savant".

Okay, thanks. I know one of the NPCs seems to imply where you fish matters, so maybe there are "sweet spots"?

I've mastered fishing and my biggest is 228cm after 700 bait, mind you I'm not wearing any of my fancy-shmancy fishing titles and I'm using a regular fishing rod; maybe I'll give those a try.

It would be quite important to wear a fishing title if you want to hit 300+. Without a title, it would be impossible with autofishing alone due to the 90% size multiplier penalty.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

I've been using a Shenon one that "Increases Automatic Fishing Success" and "Increases Chance to Catch Bigger Fish" but I also have Anastasia/Re:Zero (Which only gives Automatic Fishing Success) and Ice Fisher (Same as Shenon apparently)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 19, 2019
    Crims wrote: »

Really? smhlol.

You have to admit, with these type of events, things do seem a bit...fishy. B)
    Sherripawcalypse
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Crims wrote: »

Really? smhlol.

You have to admit, with these type of events, things do seem a bit...fishy. B)

Huh, so it isn't just that smell!
    Kensamaofmari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    299 is my record after 817 bait used, feelsbad
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 20, 2019
    I Recc U use a sized boosted reforge fishing rod as well. It's best to have a few around for fishing events.

Protip: spam norm reforge on fishing rods till U get desired effect.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I have a ice fisher 2nd title.

Not only does it increase size but pretty much made rank1 fishing "never" fail for me. Never failed once yet so it could be true.
  • GretaGreta
    Alshian wrote: »

Not only does it increase size but pretty much made rank1 fishing "never" fail for me. Never failed once yet so it could be true.

It's a fact.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Alshian wrote: »

It's a fact.

It is? Icy.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    my friend Nevine caught a fish over 300... it's just random. this thread is laughable