Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATE] Addition of Sales Tax When Purchasing NX

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 13, 2019
    Well as long has overall profits aren't free falling.

But why waste profits on updating a non-profitable system in the first place?
    tenor.gif
    Seriously though, I think we're asking for too much here.

• lcaruzlcaruz
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    So, I'm gonna be taxed when I buy the karma koin and taxed again by nexon when I redeem it?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    lcaruz wrote: »
    So, I'm gonna be taxed when I buy the karma koin and taxed again by nexon when I redeem it?

I thought the tax is only applied when converting from country currency to digital points?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

YEP!
  • AquaEyesAquaEyes
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    It's interesting to see so many people angry about taxation and blaming the US government, when the US government is only taxing us due to the 5 trillions of dollars of debt that they have accumulated. This isn't even looking at the 16 trillion dollars that the public has accumulated.

The US is in such a state of debt that its unlikely we'll ever be able to pay our outstanding government debts back-- which sucks since we borrowed from other countries. Which puts us in a very precarious state. Even if we, somehow, reduced all spending in government areas (i.e. military budget, education budget, healthcare, etc.) to next to nothing, it would take years to be able to pay back the trillions we owe (plus interest) to the countries we owe it to; this isn't including the larger public debt.

There really isn't another way besides raising taxes, reducing spending, and the current China-US trade talks (withdrawing our millions of dollars of business from China if they refuse to hold the deal that they reinvest money into us) to try and slowly chip at the national debt... let alone give the US things it wants like free healthcare, reduced college tuition, etc. (which all come from the US government's budget). It's only natural that the government would begin imposing taxes on companies that profit on the internet.

It's a bit of an oof that it took so long for the US gov. to begin to start taxing areas like video games & gacha & online sales & Amazon, but the internet is still highly unregulated. So many laws that occur outside the internet haven't been held to the internet yet. (i.e. Sherman Antitrust Act should be held towards Google bc of Googles monopoly status over email, search engines, & the video-blog markets. Email and search engines are essential this day and age- having one main email and search engine provider is considered a monopoly.)

I mean, yeah, we all hate taxes, but are there any other ideas anyone has that can help fix the crisis we're currently in?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The government is taxing the people for its own fiscal incompetence. Ultimately, it's the government's fault, not the people's.
    And this taxation as nothing to do with the US Federal taxes or the US public debt. These are taxes collected by state and provincial governments of the US and Canada.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Crims wrote: »

YEP!

Actually... not a double tax, according to the FTC in this article.
    "No tax should be charged for the purchase of gift cards, but tax should be added to a sale transaction before applying the credit of a gift card at purchase."
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »

YEP!

Actually... not a double tax, according to the FTC in this article.
    "No tax should be charged for the purchase of gift cards, but tax should be added to a sale transaction before applying the credit of a gift card at purchase."

In other words, it is illegal to collect sales tax on an item twice.
    Darkpixie99