Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead- Decor Suggestions

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited October 23, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Going to list a lot of visual reference IMGs about things that would be pretty to include in Mabinogi homesteads.
Disclaimer: When artists utilize a reference, it's not always a 1 for 1 copy.

Garden Stuff:
c066851b25f2daced19bd9bcae494f10.jpg
boxwood-variety-400x266.jpg
pinkfuchsia-580x358.jpeg
red-rose-bush.jpg
rs=w:600,h:600
91Tfu6oszTL._SX425_.jpg

Happy_Gardens_-_8_Stone_Cairn_Garden_Statue_580x.jpg?v=1560987712
lion-garden-statue-pair.jpg
design-toscano-garden-statues-ky1876-64_1000.jpg
1213.jpg
TOP1.jpg

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I like the garden plants. The average homestead, these days, is stuffed full of awful kitschy male bovine excrement props, making them look, at best, like state fair carnivals, out in the middle of nowhere, to some kind of junk yard, located outside of town where the property taxes are low enough to allow the business to exist, to something Dali painted. The statuary is otherwise okay but I worry that it might drift into kitschiness.
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited October 24, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    I like the garden plants. The average homestead, these days, is stuffed full of awful kitschy male bovine excrement props, making them look, at best, like state fair carnivals, out in the middle of nowhere, to some kind of junk yard, located outside of town where the property taxes are low enough to allow the business to exist, to something Dali painted. The statuary is otherwise okay but I worry that it might drift into kitschiness.

Perfect description of my homestead.
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa

The perfect description of 99% of homesteads; alas.
    Darkpixie99

Eh, there are a lot more well-maintained HS out there. 99% is an exaggeration.
  • HelsaHelsa

It's in the nineties; the vast majority of homesteads are just awful.
    Darkpixie99

It's in the nineties; the vast majority of homesteads are just awful.

You mean the vast majority of homesteads are probably a small plot with a tent and a rock.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 24, 2019

Helsa, if you spot any garden store manual kinda stuff through Google images that you'd like in your HS, you can list it.
    That's essentially what I just did.
    I think the carnival stuff was more to cater to KR/JP tastes.
    Some statues go well when paired with the right flower gardens.
    Unfortunately, the randomness of gachapons doesn't create that sort of opportunity as often as we would like.

My Homestead's current "Garden" for gathering:
    Screenshot_257.jpg
    Does the game have Bonsai?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 24, 2019
    Does the game have Bonsai?

I don't think so, will have to see what kind of images I can come up with to add to the thread.
    c1-2Home-hg-Bonsai-060217-ph6
    IMG_2149.JPG
    Aureliak-Weyerhaeuser-Bonsai-Garden.jpg
    shunkaen-bonsai-garden-japan.JPG

Looks like Bonsai shelves are in trend or something.
  • HelsaHelsa
    You mean the vast majority of homesteads are probably a small plot with a tent and a rock.

If you insist on being pedantic about this councellor, then yes, most homesteads are boring empty little things while the vast majority of build-up homestead are unimaginative, visually cacophonic, eye sores.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 24, 2019

If you insist on being pedantic about this councellor, then yes, most homesteads are boring empty little things while the vast majority of build-up homestead are unimaginative, visually cacophonic, eye sores.

Would this type of bonsai (Azalea) be an eyesore? (Even if it's just for indoor Homestead Housing...)
    61UT3-ctEoL._SX425_.jpg

Oooh, found this Wisteria Bonsai too:
    ab2b898d40159220e25f2ece5798d760.jpg

Wisteria Bush
    6014321737_d134585404_b.jpg

Chinese Wisteria Bush Flower looks oddly familiar to current grape bushes...
    TB1GsFIHpXXXXbZapXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

I think we might have something similar to this one: (Spring Garden Wisteria)
    30857_934x700.jpg?v=1554239286
  • HelsaHelsa

Would this type of bonsai be an eyesore? (Even if it's just for indoor Homestead Housing...)

61UT3-ctEoL._SX425_.jpg

On it's own, no, it looks nice. But next to the coffin, the icecream sundae, the arch saying merry christmas 2013 next to the christmas tree saying merry christmas 2015, the tree that cookies grow on, the star with the smiling face, the minature tent that looks like the one belonging to what's-his-face-that-you-give-emeralds-to, the anchor, the minature Tarlach, the miniature stonehenge, the tennis court, the stage background, the haunted carriage, GAAAAAA . . . .
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 24, 2019
    On it's own, no, it looks nice. But next to the coffin, the icecream sundae, the arch saying merry christmas 2013 next to the christmas tree saying merry christmas 2015, the tree that cookies grow on, the star with the smiling face, the minature tent that looks like the one belonging to what's-his-face-that-you-give-emeralds-to, the anchor, the minature Tarlach, the miniature stonehenge, the tennis court, the stage background, the haunted carriage, GAAAAAA . . . .

Sounds like we desperately need an easier way to organize our homestead.
    But what do I know, it's not like I have any helpful ideas about how to make money despite global movements or impending legislation to ban Loot Boxes/gachapons...
    Either way, we desperately need to make decorating Homesteads an easier task to the casual spender/grinder.
    Maybe Nexon KR should make every gachapon (Stats and Statless) Homestead Seed drop in common repetitive gardening themed events or something, I don't know.
    I mean, they did make a pottery event.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5367381

Buddha Statue
    61db31765e330f718737130c21540d2b.jpg

Been seeing lots of images of mossy statues. Might be a nice change of pace.

Fishing Statue:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnxTIrH_8ZYn0o-4lo5UzoV5sZGZwAtm5RFwPEkN_bBd64bEFLsw&s

Homestead Mossy Merlin Fishing Statue, now there's an original idea.

I also want to make my HS into this
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latifundium
    Latifundium.png
    th?id=OIP.WhGYWDgi9UxCmXN9FvgtxgHaFG&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSSC1caphqZQvIJX1AeiJuwPqKpnU2H6ygaKLYunk0Dnjvp8db8
    Darkpixie99
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I want more water features. Statues that spit out water.

outdoor-large-garden-white-stone-water-fountain-with-woman-statue-for-sale-fountains-near-me-stacked.jpg
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 24, 2019
    Here's a ball garden fountain:
    1_d21ffc19-675d-4adc-a271-8b79906aaa4e.jpg?v=1490950055

Tiered Fountain:
    peaktop-freestanding-fountains-tdc-vfd8306-64_1000.jpg
    indoor-relaxing-water-fountain-tabletop-fountains-home-decor-zen-untain-office-hover-to-zoom-untains-r-online.jpg
    home-zen-fountain-indoor-decor-water-untains-untain-hummingbird-haven-garden-in-serenity-electric.jpg

Could maybe do something with the dungeon orb, and make it into a fountain that glows/lights up.
    Latifundium.png

That's not a Homestead, that's a Settlement.
    Gets me thinking about how outdated guilds are.
    Settlement could be an extra Size Expansion to your Homestead, which unlocks if you're a VIP member and in a guild.
    (I would hope it remains unlocked when VIP Service expires, but no one knows for certain about KR's logic.)

Tiered Fountain:
    indoor-relaxing-water-fountain-tabletop-fountains-home-decor-zen-untain-office-hover-to-zoom-untains-r-online.jpg
    home-zen-fountain-indoor-decor-water-untains-untain-hummingbird-haven-garden-in-serenity-electric.jpg

Could maybe do something with the dungeon orb, and make it into a fountain that glows/lights up.
    Latifundium.png

Settlement could be an extra Size Expansion to your Homestead, which unlocks if you're a VIP member and in a guild.
    (I would hope it remains when VIP Service expires, but no one knows for certain about KR's logic.)

No, it's an estate, not a settlement. Although it might as well be. What's wrong about having a productive estate? Homesteads are already sites of many people's crafting toolshops, so why not add more to them?
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited October 25, 2019

Tiered Fountain:

Latifundium.png

(I would hope it remains when VIP Service expires, but no one knows for certain about KR's logic.)

No, it's an estate, not a settlement. Although it might as well be. What's wrong about having a productive estate? Homesteads are already sites of many people's crafting toolshops, so why not add more to them?

Just sayin'
    Darkpixie99

Tiered Fountain:

Latifundium.png

Just sayin'

We need background rivers, streams, forest etc. Desert should have arid plants and rock. Snow areas should have alpine environs.
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa

Tiered Fountain:

Latifundium.png

Just sayin'

We need background rivers, streams, forest etc. Desert should have arid plants and rock. Snow areas should have alpine environs.

Or even let us spend stones and matts to place props outside the homestead even if they don't give kon; I think most would be okay with that. An issue would occur when the homestead expands. If the solution is all transhomestead props are destroyed during expansions, again, I think folks would be okay with that too.
    Darkpixie99