Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dissapointment

RockmeoRockmeo
Mabinogi Rep: 405
in General Chat
So I just came back to the game, I guess due to a lot of bad experiences with other games throughout all my years. its been 10 years tho.
I forgot how bad was the department in charge of the maintenance.

They just don't care about us, I already lost 3 hours waiting for the game to be back online.

And I'm pretty sure im not the only one with the same tougths im just the one posting them. and for sure there's gonna be a fanboy first reply complaining about me. don't worry i will ignore you.

Please, Mabinogi staff. if you post and specific hour DO IT. otherwise just remove the maintenance timeframe so we the people can go do something else.

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Nexon truly hasn't changed deep down.

They tried to shine and polish, but polishing a rock still makes it a rock. Just polished.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 24, 2019
    MedZjz5.png

Ignore that. :smirk:
    DraechDarkpixie99pawcalypseKensamaofmariSherriAlshianRadiant DawnnoobodyzxzLeineiWolfsingerand 2 others.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Uuuuh... y'all know the game's back up, right?
    Kensamaofmari
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited October 24, 2019
    Uuuuh... y'all know the game's back up, right?
    I don't know... because my Launcher says that there's still maintenance. I probably need to terminate-process via Task-Manager.
    ----
    This time... Windows (MicroSoft) is at fault... I can pretty much guarantee that, were it not for Windows, they would have finished maintenance ahead of schedule.
    b57.png
    P.S.: Back in my original time-line (curse you Mandela-Effect !)... this «meme» used to read : «Windows has detected that your mouse has moved. You must restart your computer for these changes to take effect.»
    Rockmeo wrote: »
    So I just came back to the game, I guess due to a lot of bad experiences with other games throughout all my years. its been 10 years tho.
    I forgot how bad was the department in charge of the maintenance.

They just don't care about us, I already lost 3 hours waiting for the game to be back online.

And I'm pretty sure im not the only one with the same tougths im just the one posting them. and for sure there's gonna be a fanboy first reply complaining about me. don't worry i will ignore you.

Please, Mabinogi staff. if you post and specific hour DO IT. otherwise just remove the maintenance timeframe so we the people can go do something else.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I was fine with the maint getting extended for as long as it did. I didn't have to get on!
    Nice short break. :)
    KensamaofmariSherriRadiant Dawnpawcalypse
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I do want to say this just so it gets out there. This is the first extended maintenance we've had in a very long time. The majority of maint days have ended an hour early for weeks. An issue happened with the games services and the team was trying to remedy this situation. Reading the announcement post about today's maint shows that the issues were with the new VIP service. The team was desperately trying to get this running before the end of the work day and have the servers live for us (the players) to enjoy. Things happen, issues come up, and when the parent company is time zones away communication and fixes become more challenging. At the end of the day they decided to take the VIP service down and put the servers back online so that, even while everything wasn't 100%, the players had a game to play.
    CrimsọnVeylaineKensamaofmariGypsySpiritSherriAlshianRadiant DawnnoobodyzxzLeineiAleiraSwordfireand 4 others.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Please extend the trial VIP services at this time.

Thank you.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I'm still waiting on that collab event that was hinted at mabi campfire.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    I do want to say this just so it gets out there. This is the first extended maintenance we've had in a very long time. The majority of maint days have ended an hour early for weeks. An issue happened with the games services and the team was trying to remedy this situation. Reading the announcement post about today's maint shows that the issues were with the new VIP service. The team was desperately trying to get this running before the end of the work day and have the servers live for us (the players) to enjoy. Things happen, issues come up, and when the parent company is time zones away communication and fixes become more challenging. At the end of the day they decided to take the VIP service down and put the servers back online so that, even while everything wasn't 100%, the players had a game to play.

Should be either the first since summer or the first since the merge.
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Rhey wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on that collab event that was hinted at mabi campfire.

I'm really curious, what was it hinting about?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 25, 2019
    Pfft ok. The common "whoever disagrees with me is a fanboy/troll and will be ignored" clique.
    Shows how serious this fella is, eh? He means business folks, don't mess with 'em!
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I'm not impressed with their apparent inability to figure out their own cash shop, but I'm also not going to pretend that extended maints are somehow a current ongoing problem.

JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    I do want to say this just so it gets out there. This is the first extended maintenance we've had in a very long time.

Yea you tell 'em

I can't believe we're back to complaining about extended maints when the majority of recent maints have been on time or early. Context matters, this is a completely different situation from the early years of Mabi. Extended maints are rare events these days.

OP claims to have only just returned for the first time in 10 years, so I guess we're supposed to believe he just coincidentally returned for the first extended maint in ages, and coincidentally missed all those months years of weekly maints than ended on schedule?

LeineiWolfsinger
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Awww poor you, you waited 3 whole hours to play a game!! :( :(
    Life is so rough for you. I didn't know such a hard life existed.
    noobodyzxzLeineiWolfsingerNilremSherripawcalypseKensamaofmari
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited October 25, 2019
    Before u get disappointed you should know that a programmers job is not as easy as flipping switches
    and that every errors and bugs are not fixed with a push of a button.
    For someone who have a little experience with programming fixing bugs and errors is more like searching for a needle in a haystack and the older the game is, the bigger the pile u have to search through.
    Programming is like reading and writing a book in a different language and sometimes in multiple different languages
    that cannot be read normally from left to right/right to left/top to bottom/bottom to top,
    you have to read it like spiders web/home except messier,
    and the language may include mathematical formulas and the variables are not numbers alone but words
    basics would include true/false statements, if/if else/else if/ if then else , etc.
    and that is just a small portion of the basics.
    First u have to determine which set of commands/lines in a program might be causing errors
    and once u find it fixing it or changing it could even cause more errors.
    Sometimes what ur looking for does not exist and the error or glitch exists
    because certain events/circumstances were not predicted in the initial programming or beta tests
    and the fix needed for this kind of anomalies would be adding new sets of commands/lines to prevent this errors.
    Adding new sets of lines/commands also known as a patch could be more complicated
    since u have to add new sets of line and commands that would connect or interact with the existing program
    while making sure that the new lines/commands would not overlap or cause errors to the thousands
    or probably millions of existing lines or commands of the program
    and the more patches added to a program the more complex it becomes.
    Errors, bugs and glitches for a continuously growing game are alot more like cancer
    the more the game grows and develops the more complex the programming becomes
    and errors and bugs are mostly unavoidable,
    cancer cells basically develops the same way, as the cells develops, grows and multiply,
    anomalies to the genetic code starts to exist and as this damaged cells multiply the more it affects the body.
    The game undergoing maintenance is like having the game go through chemotherapy,
    to fix existing errors might cause new errors like side effects to the treatment
    and this loop could reach hours before it could be considered fixed.(tho usually its not completely fixed)
    The dev team probably have a week to do this on a dummy server of mabinogi
    and applying the patch on the actual servers could even make new errors show up
    With the amount of work and stress they receive the members of game and media developers
    like programmers are mostly underpaid and in some countries some of them even die of overwork.

But then again becoming a programmer and developer for a game is one of the closest way to becoming a god (well within the game)
    and like every god they are slaves to the world they created.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Sherri wrote: »
    Pfft ok. The common "whoever disagrees with me is a fanboy/troll and will be ignored" clique.
    Shows how serious this fella is, eh? He means business folks, don't mess with 'em!

yeah in fact all u had to do is ignore this "kitties" and read and react the comments after it, I feel awful to react to the title
    but I felt insulted from the part where he/she complained "waiting 3 hours" while there were times in the past where we waited longer
    and besides all we did was wait while the dev team is probably in chaos during those hours we are waiting,
    I end up commenting before reading the rest of it and found out that this guy is just looking for some attention.

FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Awww poor you, you waited 3 whole hours to play a game!! :( :(
    Life is so rough for you. I didn't know such a hard life existed.

yeah what a pitiful person, life is probably so hard and awful for him/her to wait those 3 hours,
    probably never got stuck in traffic, or processed legal documents.
    He/she probably never had holidays or birthdays since waiting for 3 hours is so awful he/she will probably die waiting a whole year.
  • DreamdrinkerDreamdrinker
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    When did the forums get so... Ruthless lmao.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Well just don't come in here like an asshat and you will be fine.
    LeineiWolfsinger
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

I don't think it's so much ruthless, but more that people are tired of others whining for compensation because they had to wait a few hours for the game to come back on. Yeah, not being able to play a game is annoying, but in the grand scheme of things, not the end of the world.
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Leinei wrote: »

I don't think it's so much ruthless, but more that people are tired of others whining for compensation because they had to wait a few hours for the game to come back on. Yeah, not being able to play a game is annoying, but in the grand scheme of things, not the end of the world.

These players were obviously not here for the merge. LOL.
    LeineiWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Crims wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »

These players were obviously not here for the merge. LOL.

Or the implementation of Iria. =D