Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Giving Nao a Dress

Nightsky7Nightsky7
Mabinogi Rep: 685
in Help
I logged in on my character's birthday, which is today, and I got a message asking if I want to receive my birthday gift. I want to give Nao a dress but I don't have it in my inventory at the moment and I can't summon the pet that has it while the message is present. Is there still a way for me to give her the dress today? Can I cancel, get the dress, and log back in or something?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Nightsky7 wrote: »
    I logged in on my character's birthday, which is today, and I got a message asking if I want to receive my birthday gift. I want to give Nao a dress but I don't have it in my inventory at the moment and I can't summon the pet that has it while the message is present. Is there still a way for me to give her the dress today? Can I cancel, get the dress, and log back in or something?

Unfortunately no. You will have to wait for next week. :(
  • Nightsky7Nightsky7
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    Well darn. Thanks for the reply though.
    Nightsky7 wrote: »
    Well darn. Thanks for the reply though.

No problem, hope you're able to have it ready next week.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    There is a way to keep the message up and still access the rest of the UI.

Find your nearest mailbox and click on it. The mailbox window will appear, all greyed out. Then click on it again and it will appear as normal. From then on you can summon any pets you need to.

I don't know why it works, it just does.

EwKYZ.png

Darnit! Could've used that info sooner.
  • EraleaEralea
    edited October 26, 2019
    Yea this is late advice that only helps those who still have prem now. 8) It's also a pretty convoluted way of doing it and only useful if you really want to keep the window up or don't want to cc for any reason.

When this QoL change was first implemented, I tested it out by closing the window to see if it would reappear upon login. It didn't. But at some point in the last few weeks they must have fixed that because now if you close the window (via the X, not by selecting "cancel") it will reappear again if you relog/change channels. So yea, that was an option too.
    So you can still move around with the notice box on?
  • EraleaEralea
    So you can still move around with the notice box on?

Yea, and a bunch of other stuff too

I was busy during the week and missed my main's bday, so I had to use a storage alt with the secret summoner talent 8)

Other things that also work with the confirmation window up:
    - Continent warp
    - Auction house
    - Moon gates/mana tunnels
    - NPC conversations, repairs, etc

Using the Traveler's Guide teleport will kill the confirmation window, but it will reappear again if I relog. That's the only thing that will force close the window that I've noticed so far.
    KensamaofmariFluorette