Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This product cannot be installed

ZeddooZeddoo
Mabinogi Rep: 210
in Technical Support
I just wanna doanload the game.
Have tried: Restarted pc, launcher. Uninstalled and reinstalled launcher and game.
And system keeps syaing this product cannot be installed, so frustrating. Need help!!!!!

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Have you tried reinstalling in a different location?
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/5093/solved-product-fails-to-install
  • ZeddooZeddoo
    Yes, i have tried that, installed in different location. But not working
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    If you haven't already (and assuming you're using Nexon Launcher), make sure that the location of the game matches the one registered in Settings (the little Gear icon) > Game Install / Update > Game installation location. Also, if you're in a region that supports Mabinogi via Steam, I recommend downloading the game through Steam. This is a much better launcher than the Nexon Launcher, and solves most of the issues you'll encounter.
  • ZeddooZeddoo
    Draech wrote: »
    If you haven't already (and assuming you're using Nexon Launcher), make sure that the location of the game matches the one registered in Settings (the little Gear icon) > Game Install / Update > Game installation location. Also, if you're in a region that supports Mabinogi via Steam, I recommend downloading the game through Steam. This is a much better launcher than the Nexon Launcher, and solves most of the issues you'll encounter.

I have tried everything, steam, restart pc and game and launcher. reinstall in different location.
    The steam problem is that every time i click start, the game wont start at all. I keep reinstalling for both nexon launcher and steam. but not working. (Region: Australia)
    Snowyowo
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 28, 2019
    Never mind.

Now i realized there's plenty of players experiencing same issue as yours.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Is you account an admin or normal user account?
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited November 3, 2019
    I would find the instructions on doing a clean uninstall and re-install by going through the folders and regedit files. Other than that...not sure what else to really do.

All else fails...place a support ticket in and hopefully they can provide a fix that you haven't tried already.
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    maybe nexon launcher application do not have rights to create files in your system, right click the launcher, run as administrator and try to install again. I understand if an application does not work, but installing is just straight ahead file writing.

If application has rights to create files but still not downloading anything, there is a chance you can not connect to the server that is used for downloading the target applicaton, you may try to change your internet service.

I am using my university's web service, with that, I can open/update nexon launcher, update games yet I cant play these games for example.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Did you download the installer to the computer separately to the install, or are you installing directly from internet?
  • EspardaEsparda
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Nexon does not know what is goin on either. I have been back and fort with them for the last 2 weeks and the fix they have suggested does not work.
    Has anybody who has had an issue been able to resolve the problem?
    pleae share if so.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Try doing so in safemode with networking. If you can then this will point to some other software getting in the way; either an incompatibility issue or protection software working too enthusiastically.
  • SnowyowoSnowyowo
    Zeddoo wrote: »
    I have tried everything, steam, restart pc and game and launcher. reinstall in different location.
    The steam problem is that every time i click start, the game wont start at all. I keep reinstalling for both nexon launcher and steam. but not working. (Region: Australia

Same for me, I've tried literally everything, also from Australia. If I install from Steam, it won't even launch, (only through game files with NO patch updates, so I can't start game anyway) In contrast to Steam, Nexon launcher lets me install their games up to a certain point, then the installed data bar will hit 0bytes and throw an error. (As seen in picture)

09gNRyR
    JHkxJ0M

Is this maybe region based? (idk i'm out of luck)

• DracobladeDracoblade
    I'm also from Australia and have the "This product can't be installed" issue on the nexon launcher, it started several weeks ago and nothing I found on the internet could fix it. I'm only able to play through steam now, if it doesn't launch, try opening steam as administrator and excluding the steam mabi folder from your antivirus, thats what I had to do to get it to work on steam.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    So it looks like a lot of the issues are happening in Australia.
    Anyone aware if there has been any changes in legislation and/or regulations in the digital industry there?
  • DracobladeDracoblade
    So it looks like a lot of the issues are happening in Australia.
    Anyone aware if there has been any changes in legislation and/or regulations in the digital industry there?

Not as far as I'm aware, when I submitted a ticket, they initially thought that I was not playing from a supported region, but when I said I was from Australia, they retracted that straight away.
  • SnowyowoSnowyowo
    I've already tried that, Mabinogi opened when running as administrator through game files, but does not retrieve patches, so I can't log on anyway..

RIP, a friend introduced me to this and I can't even try it ahah

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited November 23, 2019
    In many cases, from both personal-experiences and what I have observed/witnessed in technical trouble-shooting, most issues that nobody else can seem to figure out often come from Windows registry errors. Personally, I use the ZookaWare program to keep my computers running in an optimum manner (and to protect against viruses), but its «Registry Cleaner» capability requires a yearly subscription (but in my opinion it is inexpensive and totally worth the investment), although the free version does have Registry Tune-Up (I don't think they're the same thing though). People who are familiar with the CCleaner program (from PiriForm) should know about this but I personally think that ZookaWare does a much better job.

I did used to have installation issues myself in the past with one of my computers for the Mabinogi-client on this matter so I can speak from experience (not to mention the fact that I have a lot of experience with technical trouble-shooting). This is usually one of my very last trouble-shooting steps if ZookaWare is not already on my computer before I go about doing anything extremely drastic such as wiping the entire partition, formatting the whole entire hard-drive, then re-installing the entire Operating System (and that's only if something happened that prevents me from being able to install & use ZookaWare properly which has fortunately only happened once thus far [like as-if ZookaWare never actually installed]).

Although I do not believe that which web-browser you use to download from would be an issue, just in case, I, personally, now mainly only bother to use the Atom browser, finding that it actually seems to work better than Google Chrome (I am a bit dis-illusioned with Google for a variety of reasons anyway). Although the initial installation is in Russian, if your computer's display language settings are set to English, the browser-interface will automatically switch to English for you anyway so you don't have to worry about being able to read Russian after the initial installation. Just in case anybody needs the translation, the word «Установить» in Russian means «to install» (pronounced : oo-sta'h-noh-veet), and «Далее» means «Next» for those who choose to make use of the Atom-Browser (just so you know what to click on whilst installing in case it is displaying in Russian rather than English).

If it's still not working for you, then I must ask if you could possibly do a video-recording of your installation-attempts, that lets me see what is going on for myself. If you don't have video-recording software, such as BandiCam or FRAPS, you can just take a cell-phone and use the camera-option, switch it to video, and hold it up to your screen while you're installing, then maybe upload it to some on-line video-platform, such as BitChute. Good luck in joining the [digital-]world of Milletians !
  • SnowyowoSnowyowo
    I tried installing mabi on steam and nexon launcher on a new computer with a fresh install of windows, but still same issues. :c
    I'm starting to think that this issue is more my country lol
  • i experience simile issues after my pc broke and had to be fixed everything had to be wiped so i reinstalled nexon but when i downloaded mabanogi it was always stuck on the 60% i deleted the game files and reinstalled it but now it's stuck on 45% fortunately i could start a new game on steam but i would of like to play my original profile i am also from Australia