Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ripped off and not Happy

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    source.gif
    KensamaofmariFayeKaibaNilremSherriDraechLeineiRadiant DawnYummeiMegasoulPlatinaKokiand 2 others.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 25, 2019
    Dude, this made me laugh. Especially at the part of "who uses totems these days?"

Um... Like every player who seeks end game or just wants to be as powerful as possible?
    KensamaofmariNilremSherriDraechRadiant DawnYummeiPlatinaKokiCrimsọnWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    "Who uses totems these days?"

*Laughs in Max Damage 23, MaxMP 74, Def Rate 10/ Magic Def Rate 9*
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 25, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Dude, this made me laugh. Especially at the part of "who uses totems these days?"

Um... Like every player who seeks end game or just wants to be as powerful as possible?

I was like, should we tell them that they are missing out on some extra stats? And then I was like, NAW. Let them continue to be weaker than the rest of us. lol.
    KensamaofmariLeineiPlatinaKokiWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited October 25, 2019
    Guess it really pays off to have a fully ranked main character and a hammerspace of fully upgraded equipment

WeLl THenNnN, enjoy your silly totems.

Now then, answer the question: besides the 6 people who stand around doing nothing, how many people actually use totems? Currently, that still run content, that still log in.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Guess it really pays off to have a fully ranked main character and a hammerspace of fully upgraded equipment

Now then, answer the question: besides the 6 people who stand around doing nothing, how many people actually use totems? Currently, that still run content, that still log in.

I always have totems of various kinds activated regardless of whether I'm doing something or not. They're like a back up generator.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Draech wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    The entitlement is rising in the forums lately.

At an annoying rate, if you ask me. -_-

Unfortunately, I think this is due to the AAA industry. They've sent the video game market into a devs vs. consumers relationship, where the consumers always feel like the deveolpment team/company is trying to steal their money and time, and the devs feel like the consumers are never happy with anything unless the game is offered 100% for free with continued support.

While I don't like this kind of relationship, I can't say it's surprising when you look at how poorly EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft and others have represented video game companies recently.

Edit: Oh, and Blizzard. Let's not forget those guys, with Diablo Immortal and the whole Blitzchung debacle.

That's because the entitlement mainly comes from those companies. In AAA they don't care about appealing towards the consumer, they only care about appealing towards their stock share holders. The only time when you start hearing about "gamer entitlement" is when it's actually the company trying to deflect blame onto the gaming consumer for not buying their products, which in turn makes them sound entitled, because their arguments always fall onto how their company deserves those sales no matter how good or how bad their product turns out. Indie scene isn't blameless either, it's rare, but sometimes indie devs do have a habit of lashing out towards the game community for not receiving enough support. Only reason why there have been recent escalations of dissatisfaction of the gaming community is due to the downhill trend in the game market overall, it's making AAA companies more bold in taking risks with get rich quick schemes to get their market back up, but these attempts have been blunder after blunder these past 2 years and it's becoming more obvious towards everyone else.

As for the the Mabinogi event though, I think it's fine as it is. For OP: There's still part 2 that will be launched on Halloween day, and they usually put up the event decorations on the Halloween week (there was a year where they were 1 week late for Halloween events and sometimes they don't put up the decorations at all, sadly).
    Draech
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 25, 2019

I have quite a few totems I have collected over the years from events. They are not silly. They are another aspect of the game that gives you a boost. Every little bit adds up. I'm sorry you haven't realized that by now. You got your homestead props, totems, renowns, potential, doll bags, titles, ext, ext. They all add up. Ranking skills is a huge chunk, but all those other things I have listed take your farther into OP territory.

I know I KNOW, you're going to say you don't care about those things. Fine ok, whatever.
    LeineiSherriPlatinaKokiWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Entitlement happens everywhere now. I don't think this thread needs more discussion on its possible sources.

I am 99.7% certain that every player that runs end game content has at least one totem active in their inventories, and that that one+ totem includes a max damage variant.
    LeineiNilremSherriCrimsọnLiberateYummeiWolfsingerpawcalypseKensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 25, 2019
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Entitlement happens everywhere now. I don't think this thread needs more discussion on its possible sources.

I am 99.7% certain that every player that runs end game content has at least one totem active in their inventories, and that that one+ totem includes a max damage variant.

:smirk: yap. @Kouyioue you can get one right now during this current event. I suggest you do.

• GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2019
    *Laughs in Max Damage 28, Critical 13, Movement Speed 2%, Magic Attack 5, Max Stamina 55, Max HP 83, Max MP 72, Defense Rate 15, Magic Defense 5, STR 14, Dex 14, INT 10, Will 17, Luck 14, Chain Blade Min Damage +15 and Critical Damage LV 2*

And they all chill in my Large Totem Bag. Along with Scythe Stance Card lol.
    Kensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I do miss seeing some Halloween decorations around Dunbarton and other towns.
    I have some old pictures from back in the day to see how they decorated in the past.

Here's one from 2010.
    2e5fefb530.png
    365bd7d8e6.png
    Mostly just pumpkins and Halloween banners this time around.
    The decoration is made all the more haunting by the terrifying abomination Giant, back when they oops'd the giant model update.

I don't have any from 2011 or 2012, but October of 2012 brought the Puppeteer update and event, and the event had creepy Bisque Doll and Banshee punching bag mobs as part of it. It kind of counts.

2013 had the Belisha event, same for 2014.
    cf755ca011.png
    I don't think there were any town decor this time, though.
    Unless you count the Carriage that would take you to the event mansion.

2015 had the Belisha event again, and this time they brought back the 2010 decorations, pumpkins/banners/etc.
    2015 also had the Halloween Rock, Paper, Scissors event with the crystal ball theme.
    Though they did the cool thing of having that GM Event where the GMs added some of their own effects around Dunbarton, including the hanging stuff from Glas Ghaibleann's chamber.
    3366d1b241.jpg
    They also had other effects during the GM event, like the Ghost Family NPCs (Grandfather Ghost, Father Ghost, Mother Ghost, Son Ghost, Daugher Ghost).

2016 had the Little Ghost, Alfie, Event.
    That one added the ghost mansion to Tir Chonnail's graveyard.
    53bc245679.png
    Other than that, no decorations around town.

No town decorations for 2017, the halloween event this time was the Pumpkin Farmer that gave the Freakishly Flawless/Eerily Elegant title.
    They decorated Festia a bit, this time.

Then last year was the Aislin/Bran/Locke/Carrie event, that also had its own mini-storyline and handed out Onyx and such for its own special totem (Wanderer's Amulet)
    Though, they brought back the halloween decor to towns this time (Banners, etc). There were also decorations in Festia again.

I kinda wish I had more screenshots that showed the town decor better, but what can ya do?
    Like, I coulda sworn that there were some fake ghost decorations alongside the pumpkins and banners.
    MegasoulCrimsọnLiberateSherripawcalypseAlchemistjk
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2019
    Wow i totally forgot that they recycled Cursed Labyrinth 3 times in a row. I remember joining Mabinogi during 2013 October and after like 2 weeks or so this event happened for the first time and it was amazing.

It's just decoration anyway. They look the same all the time and just keeps getting recycled. Same banners and pumpkins doesn't impress me anymore.
    pawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    The decorations might pop up on Halloween itself. =T
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited October 26, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    The entitlement is rising in the forums lately.

At an annoying rate, if you ask me. -_-

Unfortunately, I think this is due to the AAA industry. They've sent the video game market into a devs vs. consumers relationship, where the consumers always feel like the deveolpment team/company is trying to steal their money and time, and the devs feel like the consumers are never happy with anything unless the game is offered 100% for free with continued support.

While I don't like this kind of relationship, I can't say it's surprising when you look at how poorly EA, Bethesda, Ubisoft and others have represented video game companies recently.

Edit: Oh, and Blizzard. Let's not forget those guys, with Diablo Immortal and the whole Blitzchung debacle.

Include GAMEFREAK and the #BringBackNationalDex fight, too.
    stare.

glare
    (Ahem, let me put on my Scottish-Complaint-Accent)
    This is just that totem event again. With all due sass, besides those 6 players that simply stand around all day, besides them: who else actually uses totems anymore?

At least throw up the optional haunted mansion again, those are usually fun. Or that one event that gives out all of those color crowns and ghost robes that nobody ever uses. Even Caravan Jimmy would be fun for the folks who don't give a ford-F150 about totems because at least friends can participate in those
    Cursed Labyrinth was done three years in a row.

Two years too many.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    You know it's possible we were going to have decorations but something went wrong?
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2019
    You know it's possible we were going to have decorations but something went wrong?

Yeah. Forgetfulness is a really terrible problem which happens way too often in Nexon. I still remember Christmas Tree chilling next to Dunbartom Church till Valentine's for sure until someone pointed it out and they finally changed it back.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/15399/fixed-christmas-tree-in-dunbarton

Till end of February actually lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 26, 2019
    Well I'm just saying that this week's maintenance was basically a failure. I hope they do something about VIP this coming week.

I love how I trolled Kath and told everyone that VIP was cancelled. :trollface:
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »

Yeah. Forgetfulness is a really terrible problem which happens way too often in Nexon. I still remember Christmas Tree chilling next to Dunbartom Church till Valentine's for sure until someone pointed it out and they finally changed it back.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/15399/fixed-christmas-tree-in-dunbarton

Till end of February actually lol.

Speaking of forgetfulness, you know what hit me while I was looking through my old screenshots?
    That Samhain, that event about spooky ghost ships and Laighlinne and Sera and such, wasn't a Halloween event, but always a December~January event.

I completely forgot that, as I was always looking through my October screenshots thinking I was going to run into Samhain stuff.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    KR got samhain again but with the stuff we have this year. We got what they had last year for halloween.