Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATED] Spooky Halloween Screenshot Contest

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited October 25, 2019 in Vault
In the spirit of Halloween, we are having a Spooky Halloween Screenshot contest! Be creative with it! Use your art skills and edit your images to make it spooky! Or, edit your characters in an iconic spooky halloween movie! Please remember to read all rules regarding this contest.

DETAILS

Submission Dates: October 23 - October 30 11:59 PM PDT

- Submit a spooky screenshot of your character or group of friends.
- You are allowed to edit your screenshots to make it look more scary.
- Only 1 entry per person.
- Please submit on the SUBMISSION THREAD. Only entries submitted there will be counted.
- There will be a total of 15 winners.
- Winners will receive one 11th Anniversary Mabinogi Coin.
- Please READ the official rules that can be found HERE.

10/25 - Unfortunately, for THIS PARTICULAR CONTEST, I was not able to get approval for additional prizes for players from EU or players who have already received the coin, as the contest is already live. In the future, I will be sure to add the additional prizes before the contest starts so that all players have an equal chance of winning a prize. I am very sorry and will do my best for future contests. Thank you for your understanding.

rYHzUXB.png

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Is it really impossible to ship the prize to EU?

Is it because of shipment price i assume?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Greta wrote: »

It's a legal issue :\
  • GretaGreta
    Katherz wrote: »

It's a legal issue :\

Okay, i see... Sad.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What is the coin made of?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    I see Quebec is excluded, but this is usually because luck is involved rather than skill. This time, judges are deciding based on Creativity and Uniqueness. Does this not count as skill, legally speaking?

On another note, every contest in Quebec works around the no-luck-all-skill rule for contests by asking a simple math question, like 3 + (8 x 5) = ?. Is there any chance of adding a loophole like this one to future events? (I believe it also covers many EU regulations about luck vs. skill)
  • GretaGreta
    Well. I'm not entering this until it's confirmed that EU players will be getting something.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 24, 2019
    Can we merge multiple pictures into one picture?
    Like a four panel image.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Draech wrote: »
    I see Quebec is excluded, but this is usually because luck is involved rather than skill. This time, judges are deciding based on Creativity and Uniqueness. Does this not count as skill, legally speaking?

On another note, every contest in Quebec works around the no-luck-all-skill rule for contests by asking a simple math question, like 3 + (8 x 5) = ?. Is there any chance of adding a loophole like this one to future events? (I believe it also covers many EU regulations about luck vs. skill)

The problem is the language act of Quebec. Don't quote me on it, but it's something along the lines that anything done in Quebec has to be done in French, optionally in English.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited October 24, 2019

No idea what it's made of other than some sort of metal and it's HEAVY. Shocked me when I picked it up. It's about 2" (5 cm) in diameter. The other side of the coin has a chibi Nao on it. The box it comes in is really nice too.

(Pardon the poor quality photo my phone does not have vibration reduction and the lightin' is poor).

IMG_20190827_175836.jpg
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sphyra21 wrote: »

No idea what it's made of other than some sort of metal and it's HEAVY. Shocked me when I picked it up. It's about 2" (5 cm) in diameter. The other side of the coin has a chibi Nao on it. The box it comes in is really nice too.

(Pardon the poor quality photo my phone does not have vibration reduction and the lightin' is poor).

IMG_20190827_175836.jpg

So Hillwen and Mythril?
    Sphyra21
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »

The problem is the language act of Quebec. Don't quote me on it, but it's something along the lines that anything done in Quebec has to be done in French, optionally in English.

Actually, Law 101 doesn't apply to contests, nor will it apply for content that is offered internationally as the same product.

Take for example an English-only MMO. It can extend its services to Quebec, as long as it is not located in Quebec itself and that it doesn't sell something physically in Quebec. Then there's the whole thing about visibility, which is a whole other headache (English and other languages must be 40% smaller than French on the packaging, or have two seperate sides like cereal boxes). On the other hand, if we're talking about something physical (like a video game disc), it needs to include French packaging, though the game does not have to be multilingual/translated.

Finally, the Twitter contest from recently was one of the very rare occasions Quebec was not excluded, it had the same Creativity/Originality criteria, and it didn't include any French.
  • GretaGreta
    I guess you guys won't be needing to decide winners for this one, you can pretty much send all the prizes to the entrees already. :D
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    so what about britan. do we still count that as eu? unknown.png
  • GretaGreta
    Yes. xD
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

I guess you guys won't be needing to decide winners for this one, you can pretty much send all the prizes to the entrees already. :D

Watch me enter and not win