Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Naming Rules?

ElrisElris
Mabinogi Rep: 740
edited October 21, 2019 in Help
I've been trying to find any info on the naming rules in this game for years, and the best I've found is another post on the forum that lists some, including "It allows you to put capital letters until you put in a lowercase letter, then it prevents you from entering another capital letter - ABCDEFg is okay, ABCdeFG is not allowed". (Credit to @Eralea)

However, I've also seen Guilds that break this apparent rule. Yet, I have been unable to put more than 1 Capital letter in when trying to name my Guild. Can anyone tell me how this is done? The name I want requires more than 1 capital letter.

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    it me

The only guild names I can think of that broke the guild naming limits were the ones that were packet edited in, and as far as I know they were all left behind in Ruairi and tossed into the void during the merge.

However, family names don't have the same limit, and you can put spaces and other characters in them too. Is it possible you might have seen a family name instead of a guild name? They appear in the same location as a guild name normally would, as long as the player is wearing a marriage/family title.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Eralea wrote: »
    it me

The only guild names I can think of that broke the guild naming limits were the ones that were packet edited in, and as far as I know they were all left behind in Ruairi and tossed into the void during the merge.

However, family names don't have the same limit, and you can put spaces and other characters in them too. Is it possible you might have seen a family name instead of a guild name? They appear in the same location as a guild name normally would, as long as the player is wearing a marriage/family title.

Likewise any character names that appear to break the conventions exist because of the name change option.