Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did they just take away a feature and call it VIP?

Comments

• LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    edited October 27, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    Alshian wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    Hope they don't do anymore of this else I will get Beth's vibes and just stay away from this game lol

Beth's...vibes...?

Bethesda, the biggest screw up being Fallout 76.

If you had watched "The fall of fallout 76" Its pretty darn amazing to watch and make you wonder how the company had not lost ALL the fans yet.

If you think the VIP update being postponed for issues is bad, Bethesda's newest "Fallout 1st" membership is way worse, and I'm pretty glad Nexon hasn't reached that level yet.

Especially when there's a bug from their service that basically deletes all of your progression. Bethesda has innovated pay2lose.
    WolfsingerLeinei
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited October 27, 2019
    Glad I dodged a bullet and not even attempt to buy it yet, because I was kinda looking forward to it.

I had experience to being disappointed or a company who can't keep promise. Fallout 76 looking to be the last but ehhh prob not.
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    edited October 27, 2019
    You think VIP being delayed is bad? At least Nexon actually gave us a halloween event for us to participate in. A game like Dead By Daylight delayed their event due to issues and to this day it still isn't going. The game itself is also broken with terrible matchmaking.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Acrylique wrote: »
    10m in a shop is literally nothing.
    Greta wrote: »
    They literally killed Belvast market

Money is imaginary and the Nexon staff assassinated all the merchants in Belfast.
    Wolfsinger
  • sousukekunsousukekun
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    AH its just for Premium/Vip services?

Can I sell If Im a free2play player?
  • AlshianAlshian
    sousukekun wrote: »
    AH its just for Premium/Vip services?

Can I sell If Im a free2play player?

sure you can, you just have to deal with a little extra tax, and little time to keep the items for sale.

Having premium or VIP makes you deal with less Tax and can keep the item sold for up to 60hours?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Liberate wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »
    Hope they don't do anymore of this else I will get Beth's vibes and just stay away from this game lol

Beth's...vibes...?

Bethesda, the biggest screw up being Fallout 76.

If you had watched "The fall of fallout 76" Its pretty darn amazing to watch and make you wonder how the company had not lost ALL the fans yet.

If you think the VIP update being postponed for issues is bad, Bethesda's newest "Fallout 1st" membership is way worse, and I'm pretty glad Nexon hasn't reached that level yet.

Especially when there's a bug from their service that basically deletes all of your progression. Bethesda has innovated pay2lose.

Oh my god, I would be so angry if that happened. O_O
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Bethesda's done dead.
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited October 28, 2019
    Bethesda should of used the "A" Team instead of the less experienced one too for a much lighter fall XD

For something as "big" as Fallout 76. Too bad they are as foolish as they are ill prepared.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    AH gives the freedom for players to sell and not have to stay logged onto the game and a specific channel which is more feasible than opening a shop in Belvast where the licence fee is pricey, you have to pay for a brownie and your goods are taxed. On AH, you pay a 1 time tax upon sale of an item, so it reduces the costs and time that one originally had to use to sell. And of course, merchants will look to reduce their costs.

I'm sure there might be people who will still set up business in Belvast, those who find it worth their time, others will chose Dunbarton for the value of their other wares. Markets will change and adapt.
    WanderIust
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    To be fair, Bethesda is working to fix what they messed up on, its kinda like No Mans Sky.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Bethesda is the finest example of why you shouldn't try swindle or treat your customers like they are stupid.

:smirk:
    SherriWolfsinger
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Bethesda is the finest example of why you shouldn't try swindle or treat your customers like they are stupid.

:smirk:

Have you meet softnyx. Someone one of their forums of a game i played, leaked my real-life information and so on, when asked to take it down they said "Sure." But never did. It was there for about 3 - 5 years. Then as of last year, i asked them to do it again, they replied with "This forum was already deleted." When i checked, it was finally gone, but prior to that, i literally had checked it a few days before i sent that request in.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    To be fair, Bethesda is working to fix what they messed up on, its kinda like No Mans Sky.

You can't fix bad business decisions. While it's true they're working to fix the game itself and the issues with Fallout 1st's Scrapbox and not-so-Private Worlds, they did just go back on their promise of cosmetics only to offer pay-to-win content like the Repair Kits. I get what you're going for, but they did just alienate their remaining loyal playerbase from Fallout 76.
    Liberate
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Greta wrote: »
    Fallout 76 was a mistake since it's release. I was amazed how my husband managed to ignore it's huge flaws and even enjoyed it. Thankfully he stopped playing it several months ago after the ban for duping even though it was their fault from the start that they didn't manage to fix all the glitches and bugs within time, so instead they banned him "temporarily" and he had to wait for 4 MONTHS to get unbanned and they even dared to wipe all his characters away and was left with NOTHING. Bethesda's incompetence is even worse than Nexon's...

which I hope Never happen from Nexon. xD

Pretty sure Nexon prefers not having to wipe a character if they don't have to.
    Seems to me that Bethesda was too lazy to roll back character data, as proper protocol should have been.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Seems to me that Bethesda was too lazy to roll back character data, as proper protocol should have been.

Reminds me of how another game called SoulWorker managed by gameforge released a patch with an exploit ruining the market and instead of rolling back they banned half the already tiny game population, leaving the exploit's permanent damage done to the market untouched. It's such a shame, if they weren't absolute screw ups with the game I would have kept playing.

For as much crap players give Nexon, they haven't stooped to lows I've seen from other publishers. If you think their service is bottom barrel then you're not going to have a good time with a publisher like gameforge.
    Sherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Reminds me of how another game called SoulWorker managed by gameforge released a patch with an exploit ruining the market and instead of rolling back they banned half the already tiny game population, leaving the exploit's permanent damage done to the market untouched. It's such a shame, if they weren't absolute screw ups with the game I would have kept playing.

For as much crap players give Nexon, they haven't stooped to lows I've seen from other publishers. If you think their service is bottom barrel then you're not going to have a good time with a publisher like gameforge.

Soulworker's combat felt off to me and can not get into it, hard to really put it to pure feeling but it felt clunky to me. Plus there does not seem to be a ranged class, even tho they have gunz, but the range was not in mind.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    AH gives the freedom for players to sell and not have to stay logged onto the game and a specific channel which is more feasible than opening a shop in Belvast where the licence fee is pricey, you have to pay for a brownie and your goods are taxed. On AH, you pay a 1 time tax upon sale of an item, so it reduces the costs and time that one originally had to use to sell. And of course, merchants will look to reduce their costs.

I'm sure there might be people who will still set up business in Belvast, those who find it worth their time, others will chose Dunbarton for the value of their other wares. Markets will change and adapt.

I'm probably gonna keep hanging around Belvast personally, depending what I have to sell. its a little more effort maybe but I still kinda prefer it, even if the AH makes life easier in some ways. Though it can make it hard to sell something for a fair price sometimes xD
  • AlshianAlshian
    Some players hang at belvast to sell items at the "right" price, might strike a deal that is prob better than the AH, or get scammed but you can't call out a player for scamming, its on you, its just life so deal with it.

If the seller risk trust for profit, just spread the word not to trade with that player due to scams, unless the price is too good to ignore.

With AH, you can sell without your name being revealed (Most of the time), to sell as such numbers players question rather if this price is "right".

Besides, the economy of the game is too broken, and you have spoiled players who will complain at the slightest of gold sinking, like my idea where listing should cost ya gold by a % amount you list it on and allow ya the full profit instead of getting some of it taken from taxes. To discourage crazy prices uncalled for some items, you may not like my idea but at least the gold is SINKING call me evil all you like.