Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Announcement] VIP/Premium Sale

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited October 30, 2019 in Notices
Dear Milletians,

We are pleased to announce that the issue found during our October 24th maintenance has been fixed. VIP and Premium are now back in the webshop for purchase! Additionally, the Essential Erinn Pack is also available for purchase. Thank you for your patience during the short time that VIP and Premium were unavailable

- The Mabinogi Team
IyasenuNegumikoWanderIustSherriWolfsinger

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    awesome, really looking forward to getting VIP again now that it is updated. but it looks like the details about Premium and VIP offers needs to be updated as well as it currently just lists the old features.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Yes, we are aware! It will be updated soon (we are working on another issue right now) :D
    NegumikoToreishi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 30, 2019
    Cool beans. I guess 6 days isn't that bad.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Katherz wrote: »
    Dear Milletians,

We are pleased to announce that the issue found during our October 24th maintenance has been fixed. VIP and Premium are now back in the webshop for purchase! Additionally, the Essential Erinn Pack is also available for purchase. Thank you for your patience during the short time that VIP and Premium were unavailable

- The Mabinogi Team

The announcement says VIP/Premium Sale, yet they are being offered at the usual price. I'm confused; how is this a sale?
    Greta
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Helsa wrote: »
    Dear Milletians,

- The Mabinogi Team

The announcement says VIP/Premium Sale, yet they are being offered at the usual price. I'm confused; how is this a sale?

A sale doesn't necessarily mean a promotion or a rebate. It's notifying us that VIP is back for sale, as in an exchange of a good or service for currency.
    KensamaofmariVeylaine
  • HelsaHelsa
    Draech wrote: »
    Dear Milletians,

- The Mabinogi Team

A sale doesn't necessarily mean a promotion or a rebate. It's notifying us that VIP is back for sale, as in an exchange of a good or service for currency.

By the dictionary that may be the case, but it's still misleading. Somehow, this explanation doesn't help, but at least now they don't have to answer for themselves, and that's what's really important here.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited October 31, 2019
    I am a merchant and I will place this set of items on sale. I will place that set of items in stockpile.

This item for sale has a discount, that item for sale does not have a discount. The item over there is not for sale.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I am a merchant and I will place this set of items on sale. I will place that set of items in stockpile.

This item for sale has a discount, that item for sale does not have a discount. The item over there is not for sale.

I get it counsellor, it was still misleading.

Should they have added sale at regular price?
  • HelsaHelsa

Typically if something is to be sold at a reduced price, the language used to advertise this by merchants, not just Nexon is: (Thing) Sale. It is an understood language convention to customers that the good or service will be offered at a reduced price. In this case, after being absent from the shop for a week, the language used could've been say: VIP/Premium "now available" or "is back", or words to that effect. Having been unavailable for a while after an unanticipated extended maintenence, seeing VIP/Premium Sale which is typical language used for discount promotions this could easily have been mistaken as precisely that not only because of the language used but because of the recent troubles.

Typically if something is to be sold at a reduced price, the language used to advertise this by merchants, not just Nexon is: (Thing) Sale. It is an understood language convention to customers that the good or service will be offered at a reduced price. In this case, after being absent from the shop for a week, the language used could've been say: VIP/Premium "now available" or "is back", or words to that effect. Having been unavailable for a while after an unanticipated extended maintenence, seeing VIP/Premium Sale which is typical language used for discount promotions this could easily have been mistaken as precisely that not only because of the language used but because of the recent troubles.

Yes, when a word has multiple definitions and the grammar is used wrong, it is easy to imply the other meanings.
    sale
    [sāl]
    NOUN
    the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something.
    "we withdrew it from sale" · [more]
    synonyms:
    selling · vending · disposal · dealing · trading · bargaining
    (sales)
    a quantity or amount sold.
    "price cuts failed to boost sales"
    (sales)
    the activity or business of selling products.
    "director of sales and marketing"
    a period during which a retailer sells goods at reduced prices.
    "a clearance sale"
    synonyms:
    deal · transaction · bargain · disposal
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa

Yes, when a word has multiple definitions and the grammar is used wrong, it is easy to imply the other meanings.
    sale
    [sāl]
    NOUN
    the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something.
    "we withdrew it from sale" · [more]
    synonyms:
    selling · vending · disposal · dealing · trading · bargaining
    (sales)
    a quantity or amount sold.
    "price cuts failed to boost sales"
    (sales)
    the activity or business of selling products.
    "director of sales and marketing"
    a period during which a retailer sells goods at reduced prices.
    "a clearance sale"

synonyms:
    deal · transaction · bargain · disposal

Two thumbs up =b d=