Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Find the different puppet

YomboYombo
Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
edited October 31, 2019 in General Chat
Anyone found a way to finding the one that's different easily? So far the only one I've been able to do is find the one with no mushroom on it's arm. Otherwise what is "connected knee" mean. I checked all of them and they all have bendable knee bits (the darker colored at the knees), so it probably wasn't that one. But the less moss on the face....I just don't know. If this is going to be so annoying I might just skip it.

Edit: Found the one with less moss on the face this time. It's missing the top part of the moss on the right cheek. Hope that helps.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited October 31, 2019
    just keep guessing the first row over and over.

Another tip: to find the puppet in North Emain faster, go talk to Maydi and she will teleport you directly to it with her go command
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    If you talk to the puppet, you'll get clues to what the hiding puppet can look like. It will only have one of the traits though, I've found. One time I had no mushrooms, the other I had a small amount of moss. I have yet to see the connected knee. If someone finds it, provide a picture please.
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    first of all, if they are visually different why it tells us we are gettin closer? it would be reasonable if it was a mind puzzle game with limited chances, but just enough to get to right puppet matemathically. Theese minigames are designed by some evil people who just wants to make them based on your ping and your real-life luck, this drives me crazy.
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    It tells you you are getting closer? I never bothered reading what popped up when I failed other than I have x chances left. It's not designed for you to just try one and see. It's designed for you to spend time looking at all of them to find it, like the snowman in g1 quest before they changed it.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Sytrie wrote: »
    first of all, if they are visually different why it tells us we are gettin closer? it would be reasonable if it was a mind puzzle game with limited chances, but just enough to get to right puppet matemathically. Theese minigames are designed by some evil people who just wants to make them based on your ping and your real-life luck, this drives me crazy.

It's an added hint to keep an eye out. I think if it's close, it is directly surrounding it.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited November 2, 2019
    This one is the Puppet with different cheeks.
    7QOMvD7.jpg
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah the odd one out can have one of three things different.
    95a6041f51.png

Less Moss on left cheek as Sai posted.

fd0c7cb851.png
    Or it can be missing the two tiny mushrooms on its right wrist.

Or its knee can be connected (I haven't seen this one yet)
  • xSho76xSho76
    Mabinogi Rep: 435
    I don't have a picture but for the knee it won't have that line on the left one. It's more obvious than the other two criteria.
    Iyasenu
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited November 1, 2019
    xSho76 wrote: »
    I don't have a picture but for the knee it won't have that line on the left one. It's more obvious than the other two criteria.

D5a9jZ1.png
    Iyasenu
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited November 1, 2019
    I found the puppet with connected knee
    O917kL6.png

(well looks like somebody found it before me)
    anyone who adds stuff to the wiki now has the images to use
    Iyasenu
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Very cool guys. I love it when people collect info and images together to help others. Without you i would probably never know how a puppet with connected knee should look like.
    Wolfsinger
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    edited November 1, 2019
    Came up with this last night and it has been foolproof so far. Highest probability of success.
    If you hit a red-marked puppet and it says it is incorrect, but the correct one is nearby, it will always be one of the puppets immediately surrounding it. So it's just a process of elimination from there.

Always a chance that it will not be in these corners, of course, but by that time you will have few hits left and will be relying purely on luck.

YehGLOS.png
    IyasenuSherriSaiYokkaichi
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I found it more efficient to just guess click on a couple to see if the hint says it's close by and if it is, it's usually on a neighboring puppet.
  • SytrieSytrie
    edited November 1, 2019
    Here are right-step scenarios if you want to rely on your luck and do the mission in 10-15 seconds. In worst case, your chance is 20%.
    Numbers represent your step number,
    If step number is white, it means you failed and you are not close,
    If step number is black, you failed but you are close,
    If step number is yellow, right one is there.

jqDoon.png

Edit : Do not get me wrong, this will be based on luck if you refuse to check visual differences at all, If you want to check them, stop at last step, in the worst case you will have to only look at 5 puppets, and statistically, most of the time only 2 puppets, and by greater than 25% chance, no puppets at all.
    Sai
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I just scan them all over looking for any difference.
    Either they have less moss on their face, no mushrooms on their arm or no line on one of their knees.
    Sure it takes a while to go through so many but you get like 30 minutes to do so, so no rush.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited November 1, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »
    Either they have less moss on their face, no mushrooms on their arm or no line on one of their knees.
    Sure it takes a while to go through so many but you get like 30 minutes to do so, so no rush.

Well, for those who have time to spare, then yes.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

I did that at first. Was not a good time.
    Kensamaofmari
  • SytrieSytrie

If you check my scenarios image above and try to understand, you can literally in a worst scenario, stop at last step and just check remaining 5 puppets visual differences. So in even worst case you just have to check 5 puppets.

There is 25% chance that you will end up in 100% scenario.

Statistically you are more likely to end up in 50% scenarios, so you just have to check differences between 2 puppets.
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    I combined all the help. Use the middle of square to find one close by then look for the differences :)
  • MapelMapel
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    I'm pretty bad at this kind of thing, so I just compare four at a time, going down the rows. Not the fastest, but I'm pretty patient, so it works for me. But-
    xSho76 wrote: »

D5a9jZ1.png

This was an absolute blessing. I wasn't sure what it meant by a connected knee for some odd reason, but seeing the image helped me pretty quickly in finding the right puppet, so thank you so much!!!