Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please explain Nexon.

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Habimaru wrote: »
    (((«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»)))
    1. PG&E does not service Nexon's area. PG&E services only Northern California. El Segundo is serviced by SoCal Edison
    2. While SoCal Edison have had planned outages, there have been no planned outages lately as the major fires and Santa Ana Winds events have passed in the area.
    3. Based on where the fires have been, I find it difficult to believe that Los Angeles' county's internet infrastructure is damaged due to the recent fires and I find it difficult to believe the major fires in Northern California will affect Southern California.

Mabinogi is hosted on Amazon ec2 in a data center in Oregon since the "cloud" maintenance, nowhere in California, so California being on fire again wouldn't be the issue especially if you pull up a map of the United States' internet backbone. More than likely it's just routing propagation issues again, I'll save the technobabble but in short; one idiot in the fourteenth world presses a button they shouldn't and the whole internet ties its self up into a pretzel.
    LiberateVeylainepawcalypseKensamaofmari
  • KrysiKrysi
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    If the server issues had something to do with the fires, everyone on each server would have disconnected and the login server wouldn't have stayed open.
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    There is no death in Erinn, unless server is not on fire
  • TehxTehx
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    edited November 7, 2019
    Habimaru wrote: »
    There are still such things as Internet «nodes» and «relay points» for Internet-traffic to pass through for certain aspects of on-line connectivity. Additionally, the head-quarters of Nexon NA, and, thus, the servers, are also located upon the California land-mass. The game-servers are most-certainly hosted by the Nexon NA company, but, when it comes to the web-site, that is out-sourced to a separate hosting company (known as CorporateDomains in this case, who seem to run their services Internationally, and probably have a bunch of redundant back-up servers in case anything happens in one location), thus able to explain why we can access these forums, even if the digital-world of Mabinogi itself is unavailable (but the low traffic that a game-server gets wouldn't justify hosting multiple redundant back-up servers around the world due to the amount of overhead-costs in comparison to a web-site hosting company where many of their clients/customers are literally multi-million $$$ corporate-businesses).
    But I'm not in california I'm across the entire united states lol

makes no sense, are you a professional?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    The internet is a series of tubes.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Sorry, I'll try to describe it another way, avoiding jargon if I can. Assuming that the so-called sciences/technologies are the same or still similar enough to whatever my material-version origin-Universe was, Internet-connectivity works similarly to how the mail/postal-systems work, where, instead of distributing things like letters and envelopes around the world/country, information (being the digital-equivalent to letters and envelops, often referred to as bits, bytes, packets, etc., per techno-jargon) in the form of digital-code is electronically distributed from one electronic-machine to another, either via wires or even wirelessly.

Essentially, the Internet also seems to have the equivalent what are called «middle-men» out in the material-world, who pass the message from one point, to another, to another, to another, to another, so, yes, the way Internet pass-information-around protocol works can literally lead to something looking like this...
    17kp0d70928v5jpg.jpg

If you're «curious» as to where all of the «ping-ponging» of the information between your computer and whatever web-site you're trying to access is pathing, just get the IP-address of your source-information, then use the tracert [insert-its-IP-address-here] command in your Command-Prompt (may be called PowerShell on some Windows systems), and it should return a list of different middle-man-style relay points. It should look something like the following...
    How-to-Use-the-Traceroute-Command-in-Fast-Way.png
    Tehx wrote: »
    makes no sense, are you a professional?

KUR0_KUR0_KUNCrimsọnpawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »
    The internet is a series of tubes.

The internet is a scam.
    pawcalypseSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 8, 2019
    Did they ever say what the underlying cause was for the unexpected maintenance?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Helsa wrote: »
    Did they ever say what the underlying cause was for the unexpected maintenance?

Ferghus could be the likely cause...I mean he was suppose to be in charge of the server till I guess he tried using his trusty blacksmith hammer.
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I blame the cloud.
    Wolfsinger
  • vamprynvampryn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    Just logged in and Ch 3 is missing on Alexina.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    vampryn wrote: »
    Just logged in and Ch 3 is missing on Alexina.

Bf said Ch3 on Nao died earlier. Not sure if it's still dead though.
    Him and his party members all got disconnected.

Why are we still having these problems?
    Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Apparently although channel 5 and 6 of ALX show you cant go to them.

The channel 2 SM server is also down, so you have to go to ch 1 to do the wardrobe missions.

I think now maybe the game servers might've picked up a cold.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Ch1 threw me out during a shadow mission, I tried a couple more times to get back in and just gave up
    I login again today and suddenly I'm back in Dunby with items I got rid of prior, instead of in Tara next to that darn stone like I'm used to.

On the one hand, I'm kinda glad to know its not my internet. On the other, that's even more worrying XD
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    god this scares me, I hope by the time I log in, i stay where i had left else....I will cry if I were to miss something.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 10, 2019
    Yesterday Alexina had all channels broken except ch1. I also got some random skill quests when i logged in and poofed away when i logged in later again.
    Helsa
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    edited November 10, 2019
    what ever happend to that 'the end is here' guy?
    GretaRadiant Dawnpawcalypse
    edited November 11, 2019
    3rdy wrote: »
    what ever happend to that 'the end is here' guy?

Here you go.
    hyvGTq5.gif
    pawcalypseCrimsọn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wrong person.
    Helsa
    Krysi wrote: »
    If the server issues had something to do with the fires, everyone on each server would have disconnected and the login server wouldn't have stayed open.

If it did have to do with fires, they would be crashing every summer and autumn.