Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Golden Mushrooms

SqueeSquee
Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
in Feedback and Suggestions
I can't be the only person who's noticed how hard it is to get gold mushrooms. The Gold Mushrooms system needs a big change. The fact that you can only get two per channel in Dugald or Karu forest per night only on Wednesdays is just awful design choice. Getting them isn't hard, per se, but the problem here is that you have to try to get as many gold mushrooms (And you can only get two per channel) as you can while other players are also cleaning the gold mushrooms out on other channels. I get these are rare for a reason, but trying to fight other players for an item that really is only used in likeability potions (That are really only useful on getting secret shops for things you need to train certain skills) and mushroom gathering training at higher ranks is unnecessary. I haven't even gotten to the higher ranks of mushroom gathering, and I'm already dreading it. There are so many ways to fix this, so here are a few options for fixing this "issue" (I'm not saying they all need to be implemented, just one or two would probably fix the issue):

1. Make the Hazelnut mushrooms all gold mushrooms on Wednesday, or spawn a specific forest area of gold mushrooms instead of other mushrooms. This is the easiest method for people who want to get them without people having to rush through the channels to try and scour for them before they get cleaned out by someone else. If one person could get as many as they need from one channel, it wouldn't be a race. This is the fastest way to fix this problem. I don't know why, but when I tried yesterday, people were waiting all day and trying to get as many as they could, and I wanted 30 because I wanted to put a gold mushroom thing in my homestead. But right now, this would make trying to get them so much easier.

2. The gold mushroom stumps in the homestead options need to be something you can use every day, or they need to be able to respawn mushrooms every Erinn night on Wednesday. They are pretty much completely worthless as they are now where you can only use them once a day, and ONLY on Wednesday (which means you ONLY get 1 per stump per week if you can't just make a huge mass of them in your homestead). This is probably the best strategy for fixing needing them. If you can get enough to make one in your homestead, you can get at least one per Erinn night on Wednesday instead of camping out in Dugald or Karu. I cannot believe that it was actually made where the stumps in the homestead ONLY essentially work once a week. That is poor game design when you can find more in Dugald or Karu (granted you're not racing other people for them).

3. Increase the mushrooms in each spot to 5, similar to herbs. Honestly, I never understood why the mushroom patches don't let you gather up to 5 like herbs do. That just seems like an intentional design flaw. I get you probably don't use many, but in the case of the gold mushrooms, they REALLY need to be increased to 5, especially in the homesteads. It just seems silly that you're only limited to one and then it's gone for the whole night. And it makes trying to gather them an unnecessary chore. If we want "chores", we'll go clean our house.

4. Mushrooms should not only spawn at night (As in there should be mushrooms in Karu and Dugald all the time. Let's be honest... Mushrooms don't just grow at night. If they had a respawn time, like maybe respawning every 4-6 in game hours or every 10 real life minutes or something, it would be a bit easier. This would be the hardest one to implement though, because it would mean easier camping for the gold mushrooms. But there's really no reason at all limit any of the gold mushrooms to night time. This would also go for the gold mushrooms in homesteads, where they can be gathered every few hours or so on Wednesdays and would pretty much eliminate competition for them if people could make them in their homestead (for those of us that don't have the constant money to waste on Pon coins). It's also a huge pain to race the clock having to change channels and hope you have time to gather other mushrooms if you're training the mushroom gathering skill.

5. Increase only one day to 3 days a week. Again, one day a week to get something is a bad design choice. If someone can't be online on Wednesday, they have to hope they can get online the Wednesday next week to get what they need and that means they can't train the skill they need during the week (getting a likeability potion is easy enough since there are some players who especially sell likeability potions, so that isn't too much an issue granted you have the gold). Only being able to train that aspect of mushroom gathering one day a week, you have to hope you can stay online and find gold mushrooms before other people do. Instead of one day a week, gold mushrooms should grow 3 days a week. I get the higher mushroom gathering training ranks use gold mushrooms because they're rarer, so I'm not saying they should be around all the time, but it still seems strange that they are only obtainable one day a week, and you can only get 20 per night (not counting lucky finishes increasing the amount) if other players aren't also trying to snake them from you (Not an intentional malicious intent moment, but just people who can only do one thing a week means everyone has to compete on that one day for something that really isn't worth much). It wouldn't be a pain if you only had the gold mushrooms to gather during that time, but you also have the hazelnut mushrooms to gather as well, which makes training the skill even harder when you have to balance gold, hazelnut and brown pine.

6. Increase spawn locations to other areas. Dugald is a nice area to have mushrooms grow, and so is Karu forest, but when players have to compete for the mushrooms, you really need to have them in more areas so players aren't all forced to two areas to race for them. I've said it already, but it's just poor design choice. If they had other areas that had mushrooms, it might help alleviate the issue and still keep the drops rare enough and not make them too common. Forcing players to two areas creates more trouble than it needs to be.

I feel this is a silly thing to have to write this much about, and honestly I wish I didn't have to, but this is something that really needs fixing especially with the fact I noticed people camping for them every night on Wednesday (probably the people who make tons of likeability potions to sell in player shops). It also seemed strange that the stumps in the homestead only spawn one per week, instead of one per day or one per night on Wednesday. This is a rather silly thing to have to complain about, but considering cooking is something I need to train, I will probably have to train this skill eventually.
YoridenAtheist42

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Can't be as hard as gathering golden egg from hens.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

It's quicker to fish for golden eggs. At least golden mushroom don't lead to anything terribly important. On the other hand that makes their

rarity.png

that much more bewildering.
    Helsa wrote: »

It's quicker to fish for golden eggs. At least golden mushroom don't lead to anything terribly important. On the other hand that makes their

rarity.png

Mabi logic ftw!
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    100% agree with this, especially on the homestead stumps- I wound up selling mine because it was so useless to me and ultimately I did not make back on it as much as I put into making it. A lot of people are selling theirs too because the things are just so darn useless.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 15, 2019
    They should make more spawn areas and it's done.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »
    They should make more spawn areas and it's done.

They're used to make middling taming bait and likeablility potions. Likeability potions are okay but they can be gotten fairly easily by most people. Making golden mushrooms less rare would make them "better" but making them more useful would be better still. If you could use them, say, to make food that temporarily boosts your luck by say, 1000, which could then be stacked in a picnic, then that would completely justify their current . . .

rarity.png
    Yoriden

rarity.png

Mabi logic ftw!

And somehow last night I gathered my first golden egg. This always happens. Mabi percentages...
  • HelsaHelsa

rarity.png

Mabi logic ftw!

And somehow last night I gathered my first golden egg. This always happens. Mabi percentages...

Me too. And as I did so, I recalled your kvetching about it a few days ago. :)

rarity.png

Mabi logic ftw!

Coincidence or planned? hmmm...

rarity.png

Mabi logic ftw!

How can I plan getting a golden egg out of a hen. Think man THINK!!!

Not you, I mean the game...
  • HelsaHelsa

rarity.png

Mabi logic ftw!

OH! Now that is an interesting question!
  • HelsaHelsa

rarity.png

Mabi logic ftw!

• HelsaHelsa

rarity.png

Mabi logic ftw!

Have you harvested any giant potatoes? I haven't yet.
  • GretaGreta
    Can you stop with this hideous over-quoting? You also went off-topic.
  • HelsaHelsa

Let the Greta who is without sin cast the first stone.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Well, the point still stands that, as is, the golden mushrooms need fixing. I haven't even had to attempt the gold egg thing yet, so that might be a discussion for another time for me. But the problem with the gold mushrooms is easily fixable, and really is just an overall silly problem that just comes from so many updates, but certain things never got updated with certain other updates
  • HelsaHelsa
    Squee wrote: »
    Well, the point still stands that, as is, the golden mushrooms need fixing. I haven't even had to attempt the gold egg thing yet, so that might be a discussion for another time for me. But the problem with the gold mushrooms is easily fixable, and really is just an overall silly problem that just comes from so many updates, but certain things never got updated with certain other updates

The golden egg is even more useless; all you can do is sell it. The easiest way to fix the golden mushrooms is make it an ingredient for something so good it justifies the difficulties in harvesting it. Then you don't have to change anything, just add a new crafting recipe; bazinga, easy-peasy.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    put a single golden mushroom growing randomly in a dungeon room, preferably in karu.
  • GretaGreta
    edited November 17, 2019

Excuse me, but for the last 3 months you two keep making off-topic discussion in almost every thread.
    Now i understand why such rule is made, same goes with huge quotes.
    Draech
  • HelsaHelsa

Excuse me, but for the last 3 months you two keep making off-topic discussion in almost every thread.
    Now i understand why such rule is made, same goes with huge quotes.

Sherri