Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ego Update in December

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
edited November 21, 2019 in General Chat
  1. Get them ready now!10 votes
    1. What?
       60% (6 votes)
    2. Wait what????
       40% (4 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Never ready.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    eveready-pencil-cell-500x500.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Meh.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited November 21, 2019
    There are two types of people;

source.gif

f4dcQxi.gif

Which one are you?

or are you the third one?

auz0MFn.png
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sherri wrote: »

source.gif

f4dcQxi.gif

Which one are you?

auz0MFn.png

Depends:
    1) Does the level bonus given for converting, based on current social level, remain valid always, or is it just an event thing?
    2) What are Gems worth in experience to classic and new egos after the update?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited November 21, 2019
    Hmm, I guess 3rd option because if leveling the new ego take longer than the old id be a sad person but HEY power creeping!~

And wait till they bring even more stressful content that remove more features for your "endgame challenge" needs.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited November 21, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

source.gif

f4dcQxi.gif

Which one are you?

auz0MFn.png

Depends:
    1) Does the level bonus given for converting, based on current social level, remain valid always, or is it just an event thing?
    2) What are Gems worth in experience to classic and new egos after the update?

1) It's permanent, no worries!
    Also, I thought it was based on the ego's highest any level (i.e. level 50 Strength and level 42 everything else would turn into a level 90 new Ego 50 + 40 bonus for being level 50)
    That's what's posted in the thread over in foreign content.
    *Conversion consists of any status

2) Gem and items worths are the same for Classic egos. Classic egos can't be made afterwards and aren't changed so that doesn't matter much.
    As for the exp worth to new egos, I'm not sure on exacts, but it also shouldn't matter very much either, as there's a weekly limit on the exp you can earn with new egos.
    Though they do add new gem types, and your ego can have a favorite gem that gives it more EXP. (the favorite gem is randomly decided on ego creation/transfer instead of being based on spirit type/gender)

One thing that seems kind of lame, though, is this part:
    You may still use the following items with Spirit Weapons that you have not converted into new Spirit Weapons after the update is released. Those Spirit Weapons are referred to as Classic Spirit Weapons.

* Spirit Liqueur of Blessing
    * Spirit Weapon Repair Potion (1~5)
    * Spirit Weapon Repair Potion (6~10)

So new spirit weapons won't be able to be repaired using these things anymore?
    I know they'll be blessable normally using regular Holy Water, but I guess you won't be able to circumvent any repair costs using these items for new ego weapons.

I wonder if this means they'll be updating things like the Baltane Boxes to stop giving them as well.
    It'd be lame if, after everything settled down and basically everyone has transferred their old egos to the new types, those boxes still had these items that can't be used on them as a possible prize from opening them.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Oh, also I was rereading the KR guide for the update (Google Translated, so pfft)

And after the update you can change the ego's visual effect, ya'know?
    Like now our spirits just look like a glowy orb on our weapons, but you can change that in the update to a few new effects:
    820195446.gif82019550.gif820195517.gif820195533.gif
    Well, those are the examples they had on the guide. For some reason they chose to use a Four-Leaf Clover Umbrella Ego, lol. But anyways the first three are the new effects you can get and the last is just the default spirit orb.

Anyways that's not what I really wanted to talk about, what I wanted to mention was the items you need to perform this alteration.
    1) You need something called a Spirit Weapon Transmogrification Stone
    These are found mining special rocks. And according to the google translated page, these are found on
    the black gravel coast of Tori Gorge

Does this mean that the ego update FINALLY brings us Tory Ravine?

Or are we still going to have to wait for G24 to unlock that place?
    I mean, KR got G24 first, about one week or so before they got their ego update.

Oh also once you actually have the stone, you talk to Dorren about it and she'll give you special liqueur which you then take to Berched to actually change the spirit glow effect.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Exciting, I haven't read much about this update.

But will it be less of a grind to level up egos?
    And will it take forever to starve them still?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Harukari wrote: »
    Exciting, I haven't read much about this update.

But will it be less of a grind to level up egos?
    And will it take forever to starve them still?

It should be less of a grind, if only because there's a hard cap on how much EXP an ego can earn every week.

And it doesn't seem like egos get hungry anymore.
    They still have moods, but rather than feeding, mood is raised by talking to your spirit using keywords every in-game day. Kind of like squires.
    You'll get +10 mood every conversation keyword used, up to 3 times per real day.
    You can also raise its mood by using the ego in combat. You'll get +5 Mood every 5 Minutes in combat with the ego weapon equipped.
    And mood ranges from 0 to 100.
    Mood affects the EXP the ego will absorb from items. Though unlike now, you'll want the spirit to be at max mood, rather than unhappy.
    But from what I've seen, leveling up your ego resets its mood, probably as a way to avoid just rapid-fire feeding, so you have to spend some time fighting and chatting your ego up to raise its mood.
    But other than it resetting on level up, I haven't seen anything that says mood decreases over time or anything.

Regardless, that weekly cap is probably going to be the most effective thing in setting limits on ego grind.
    Harukari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Ego update came with G24, so... we could be getting some G24 news?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    obc8QVT.png

I'm ready

tenor.gif
    AlshianRadiant DawnKensamaofmari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Arjune wrote: »
    obc8QVT.png

I'm ready

tenor.gif

Artemis? As a firewand? Madness :C
    Kensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    obc8QVT.png

100%
    100%
    100%
    100%
    100%
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited November 22, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »

100%
    100%
    100%
    100%
    100%

-GASP-

I have to fix that >:0
    Alshian wrote: »

Artemis? As a firewand? Madness :C

I'm a giant... can't use bows :( I just like the name though
    AlshianIyasenu
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    obc8QVT.png

100%
    100%
    100%
    100%
    100%

Impressive. I fed my ego like 200+ 10cm gems during the fishing events at least and only went from like level 20 to level 32. But level 32 on pretty much everything at least so there's that.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    hqdefault.jpg

I do hope someone picks up that phone.
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    So it's been a long since I've played - is it safe then for now to fully invest in a weapon for the ego revamp? I was thinking of getting a base +12 MA Celtic druid staff, then erg'ing it, upgrade, reforge..etc
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    So it's been a long since I've played - is it safe then for now to fully invest in a weapon for the ego revamp? I was thinking of getting a base +12 MA Celtic druid staff, then erg'ing it, upgrade, reforge..etc

Yeah, but if you already have a weapon like that, you wouldn't have to start all over.
    If you'd already fully invested in a weapon erg/reforge/the whole shebang, you'd be set, since a weapon can be all that stuff and still become an ego after the update.
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720

Yeah, but if you already have a weapon like that, you wouldn't have to start all over.
    If you'd already fully invested in a weapon erg/reforge/the whole shebang, you'd be set, since a weapon can be all that stuff and still become an ego after the update.

Awesome! Thanks. I have a hermit staff from back in the day but I hate how much I want to min-max so was thinking of remaking a druid staff.