Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Failure to download patch information

XowieXowie
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Technical Support
Hello, i have just installed Mabinogi through both Steam and the Nexon launcher as I was trying to get back into it after a long while off. The game has never been on this laptop before and all my drivers are up to date. However i keep running quite annoying issues. The current one I am stuck on but hopefully the last is this failure to download patch information:

ac4fcb5b966640074e611efcb787597d.png
7124fe505bc15aaeacdedf45c5ad4f40.png
627c7e7dfc8f89e3b0e25f5eb735b3ca.png

Any information to help me resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Please note i have tried everything i could find through extensive google searches to fix this issue. Is there perhaps someplace i could manually download patch files?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Weird, how come it is using the old patch app?

You have Nexon launcher correct? Can you run it and provide a screenshot of the download?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    When Nao was created, reducing the total number of servers to two, I bought a second computer, because I like to record the jousting finals, and now I can get all of them. Anyway, for this laptop, as I recall, I downloaded the installer files for the Nexon Launcher and for Mabinogi from Nexon's website. I think I installed the Nexon launcher first.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Also make sure you're launching the game via a Launcher. Using the .exe manually will bring up the old Mabinogi launcher that isn't used anymore, and is no longer supported.
  • XowieXowie
    edited November 11, 2019
    I am Using the Nexon launcher no idea why it would be using an old patch and the only way i can get Mabinogi to launch to the update page is by going to the exe and launching it manually as it doesn't do anything when i click play through the launcher.

a601b4829d1110ee51d42d74a0a5837a.jpg

When i click play through the launcher it pops up admin permission i click yes then it minimizes Nexon launcher then it Shows currently in game on the launcher for about 15 seconds or so then goes back to the play button.

9c803be6e3f3479edc4276d59f2c77da.png
  • HelsaHelsa
    There is supporting software required for it to run. It should be listed on Nexon's website; make sure you have all that installed..
  • XowieXowie
    Yes i have the latest version of direct x and my nvidia driver is up to date as well.
  • XowieXowie
    Found the issue had to exclude Nexon folder from my antivirus all is working now.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Good ol antivirus.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Xowie wrote: »
    Found the issue had to exclude Nexon folder from my antivirus all is working now.

If you try running the game in safe mode with networking and it works, then that points to the issue being this kind of thing. This test will work for other software as well.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Issues like this are usually due to a firewall-program which anti-virus programs do indeed typically contain.
    White-Listing the Mabinogi-related files in the Fire-Wall or Anti-Virus programs will usually suffice to resolve this problem.