Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[KR] Constellation Guardian's Cache

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited December 12, 2019 in Content from Other Regions
listb_191121_zodiac.jpg
Gachapon Page
Gachapon Guide

1120154434.png
1121101033.jpg
1120154927.jpg
1120161359.jpg
1121101047.jpg
1121101059.jpg
1121101110.jpg
1121111146.jpg
1121101133.jpg
112111113.jpg
1121111118.jpg
1120155128.jpg
1120155213.jpg
1120155224.jpg
1120155235.jpg
1120155247.jpg

Google Translated:
◎ Notes ◎
* Special Constellation Guardian's Garb (for men) and Special Constellation Guardian's Dress (for women)
will trigger a special motion.
* Constellation guardian of the library can be obtained from the elemental geometry conversion liqueur (flour / petals of light) is
a trigger in the ordinance 1-100 level all the same shape / size / color effects you.
* "Secondary Title Acquisition Coupon" can be traded, and if used, "Secondary Title" will be obtained immediately.
* Sergeant's Bow / Estronomical Staff / Zodiac Warrior Ax Appearance Change Order can now be used on items other than
Classic Spirit and some weapons .
( Segeria Terrier : Bow , Estronomical Staff: Staff , Zodiac Warrior Ax: Two-Handed Ax )

* The probability of individual items can be checked through [Probability View] at the bottom of the homepage.

*Gachapon Exclusives- Spirit Transformation Liquor

Elemental Transmute Liqueur (Dust of Light)
(Critical effect appears regardless of Elemental Weapon Level. The effect color is fixed to blue.)
http://mabinogi.vod.nexoncdn.co.kr/mp4/20191121/24.mp4

Elemental Transmute Liqueur (Petal)
(Critical effect appears regardless of Elemental Weapon Level. The effect color is fixed to pink.)
http://mabinogi.vod.nexoncdn.co.kr/mp4/20191121/25.mp4

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Already seeing them cost 150-200m each...
    Darkpixie99TwistedxFate
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    I hope people realize that this is nothing new. It's a weak mashup of the romantic rose dress and the princess constellation outfit. We have a gacha with that wig in it minus the moon ornament and we already have those halos.
    Darkpixie99Greta
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Its kinda pretty, but definitely not worth 150m................
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Not a big fan of the constellation lines.
    Helsa
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Mabi6 wrote: »
    I hope people realize that this is nothing new. It's a weak mashup of the romantic rose dress and the princess constellation outfit. We have a gacha with that wig in it minus the moon ornament and we already have those halos.

I really want the ability to attach Idle Cards to the non-Special versions of any other outfit, because I really like that astrology effect.
    I think it might go well with the Water Spirit Outfit.
    Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited November 24, 2019
    It's not the first time they recycle some textures into already released models like outfits, wings, pets, etc.

Nexon knows it's still worth it because fashionogis and whales will see this and think: "OwO so cute!" and still dump cash into this. They prioritize gacha too much and release them way too fast in my opinion even when they are out of good ideas. I wish they could understand that most people can't keep up with such fast gacha changes every 2-3 weeks. It was good times when we had one gacha release per month.
    TwistedxFateRadiant DawnDarkpixie99SherriWolfsinger
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    How to avoid paying 150-200m for fancy new gacha dress:

1. Take note of the insanely rare "special" edition with fancy animation.
    2. Okay. You see it? Good. Don't buy the "special" edition at all.
    3. Give it at least a week before you buy any version.

I've gotten so many new outfits for reasonable prices by just avoiding the "special" versions. If you don't give a flip about the animation, don't pay 150m for something you could have gotten for 15 (or sometimes cheaper). The animation-less versions are much more numerous. I actually had the special water spirit outfit drop for me a few months back. I sold it and got enough gold to buy the entire set of the version with the pants that I liked much better (no animation), all the accessories and weapons, and still had a ton left over.
    Darkpixie99Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    I'm content with the outfit sets that I buy for 6mil after people trying to sell it for 100mil but failed miserably.
    Darkpixie99PolicromaWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    But i like animations... I don't want to see my character standing awkwardly. Why people overprice item for it's only animation?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited November 25, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    But i like animations... I don't want to see my character standing awkwardly. Why people overprice item for it's only animation?

So this is mostly me reading between the lines, but I suspect this particular supply/demand conundrum is Nexon's attempt at trying to balance the rarity factor of gachas (to give whales something to chase) with the general demand for the items. And they've been experimenting in various ways for a few years.

There were so many times in the past where a beautiful new outfit was only available to a select few whales or extremely rich players. And while finding a good look in a game can be a lot of fun, it's also extremely annoying when you see an item you want is behind a slot machine and there is no other reasonable way to get it. I remember despairing over the Portia outfit, because I loved it and it was beautiful (still wear it at times, I love to switch it up), but it was only available to a select few who had jackpotted the gacha or paid up for it. And the gacha in question that it originally appeared in was 10k NX a try. I got a bassanio out of that gacha....which nobody cared about, and a ridiculously huge pile of colored weapons. So it's not like I could trade for what I wanted. The thing was just plain unattainable until years later.

This has been the case for many gachas of the past. And while I've gotten sharper at buying and selling over the years, it isn't any less annoying to have something you like behind a slot machine.

At the same time, I understand this is mainly how Nexon makes money now. This is why some things we used to have to pay for are free, such as rebirths. This is why we have so many nice events. This is why the server is still going strong and Devcat keeps unloading new content even on a game that is over 10 years old. Because for all our gripes and whines, those gachas make money, and a lot of it.

Still....people stuck in an unfair situation with their desired item frustratingly unattainable will eventually get bored and leave. So what do you do? You try to find a happy medium. You'll never make everyone happy, but you can let the whales have their jackpots to chase without leaving everyone else unhappy.

And thus we have things like dyeable/enchantable wings that are jackpot rare but "normal" wings that are far easier to find, "special" animation outfits that are jackpot rare but "normal" outfits that are far easier to find, relatively common accessories such as halos that match the theme, homestead items, etc.

It ain't a perfect system...but compared to that 'old $10 monster urn that took my money and spit out colored shop weapons and a male outfit I couldn't even sell for 1m back in the day? I'll take it. Nexon's been experimenting with balancing this system in multiple ways for a good 3 years at least. They know we didn't like those days and they've been rebalancing for a long time. I really don't have any beef with gachas anymore and I'm at the point where I think people need to make their peace with them. They are here to stay. Until then, I'm looking forward to the dress above...that is, without the cringey astrology animation.

If you like a cute animation but don't have the cash to pay up for it? Well good news, you got options in the forms of skill certificates (which are attainable in-game), animation equipment such as the opera glasses or coffee cup(there's lots of stuff like this now, and also usually attainable in-game), "chairs" (the term is very loose these days, I know), mini half-room backdrops, stance cards, etc.

TLDR: I like the way gachas are handled nowadays. If I really want an animation, I can add one by other means.
    GretaSherriWolfsinger
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabi6 wrote: »

I really want the ability to attach Idle Cards to the non-Special versions of any other outfit, because I really like that astrology effect.
    I think it might go well with the Water Spirit Outfit.

I can definitely see that being popular, maybe it'll be a thing just like seasonal 2nd titles coming out as of late.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • SakiAngelSakiAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 455
    edited November 28, 2019
    I somewhat like the animation since I love the zodiac signs but the outfits themself aren't anything I feel are all that amazing, I wish we could put any ideal pose to whatever we wanted.

Darkpixie99Wolfsinger