Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Working on an Elf need help

IntentIntent
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
Ok so I am working on an elf. My main goal right now is to go full archery and try and to cap my dex first. I was wondering if anybody can tell me like which skills I should rank first to cap out dex quickly as possible. Also give me some tips on some gear I should get. Money is not a problem I have like over 500m ready to fund this elf just tell me what I should do and what I should spend it on. The goal for this elf is to be able to solo rabbie phantasm and kraken easily with the crystal deer/hide method. I know it will cost alot of money and time. I just need a guide on where I should start and buy. Thank you. Money is not a problem so cost of items I would need to get does not matter thank you.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Maybe flowers and chocolates?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited November 25, 2019
    Even after ranking Archery skills, I remember having only about 700 DEX or so. Ranking Life and Music skills pushed my DEX stat into the thousands. I would suggest putting effort into getting those ranked. Might be better to wait until next month when the Master Plan event is back, since 2x skill training exp (and any other bonuses/potions you have) will make training Life/Music skills much faster.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Skills:
    Start with all of Archery obviously but start working on your dan ranks for magnum as soon as you can and Grandmaster the talent for the bonus passive dex, bust out Sword Mastery as well for an additional easily obtained 19 dex you shouldn't need to be on talent for it. After that immediately go for Weaving, Refining, Handicraft, Tailoring, Playing Instrument, Tasting, Song, and Sheep Shearing, in order of highest dex gains but ideally do them on the respective talents, you should be able to unlock spider shot after/during those, rank it whenever you get it.
    From that point you can get a little more dex out of finishing the Puppetry talent than Chain Slash but Chain will objectively be more useful, notably for the movement and invincibility frame option provided by Anchor Rush for dodging potential Fireballs, nullifying Thunders, and evading Wraith Roars. But even more so, Death Mark for the literally free 25% damage bonus and pulls to drag things in for Magnum splash damage and Crash Shot fragments. With those two specifically in mind for Phantasm, but additionally the usefulness of Spinning Slasher and Chain Sweep in Kraken I would recommend personally doing Chain ahead of Puppet even with the lower total dex gain. From that point you're just going to want to go down this list sorted by total from highest to lowest with whatever you feel like ranking. In addition you'll want to Grandmaster every life talent minus Merchant and Apothecary as they all give dex, after GM Archer, Chain, and Puppet of course.
    Beyond maxing out dex I would suggest going into int and mana for the sake of boosting Mana Shield effectiveness and survivability because mistakes and lag and archery RNG misses will always inevitably happen and threaten to end your runs, on an Elf Mana Shield is the best "life insurance policy".

Gear:
    Bohemian set is your only option if you're using archery on an Elf, you'll need a set that has a total of 10 points of Magnum Shot enhancement, and I personally suggest going for the 10 points of Support Shot enhancement as well to boost Chain Impale damage on spawns that are more resistant to Magnum Shot's ranged damage type, in particular you'll encounter monsters with 99% resistence to Magnum Shot in Sidhe, which you'll need to run for Echostones not only for the bonus dex you can gain from yellows but to roll the Crash Shot Fragments reforge line on, which is normally capped to a maximum of 5 levels on bodywear but can go higher on Echostone, I've seen up to 8 levels personally but I've been told the cap is 10. You'll also want to invest into a black Echostone for rolling Death Mark damage amplification, and a blue for Mana Shield damage reduction as both of these are normally glove slot reforges and your Bohemian gloves will need to have Magnum Shot damage rolled on them. Since you'll want the additional Crash frag levels from Echostone your Bohemian wear will be freed up for a reforging slot, after you've gotten your Magnum and Crash shot reforges taken care of you'll probably want to go for Chain Sweep radius on the body for it's utility and melee damage type. Ranged attack max damage on your boots and Crash Shot fragment range on your hat to finish out the set. Accessories you can either go Magnum Shot damage or Crash Shot fragment damage depending on which you put more value in, faster spawn clears or faster boss clear but from a pure numbers perspective each level of Mag is 10% (11.5% boosted by bohe set effect) added to your Magnum multiplier where as Crash frag damage is only 3.5% and has no set effect to increase it's value as of this post.
    Since you have 500 million gold to spend I would personally suggest buying pre-reforged and pre-enchanted pieces of your Bohemian set rather than reforging and enchanting it yourself unless you simply cannot find any compatible set bonus pieces to work with on the market.
    Otherwise a basic set of enchants to work with that are fairly obtainable ingame is: Oblivion+Chorus hat/Encore+Daunting bodywear/Solo+Butterfly shoe/Solo+Camo glove/Oblivion+Swarming Lucky Rabbit foot or Purple Heart accessories depending if you want +luck and lower repairs or a small dex/int bonus for a little higher repair rate. Of course thats fairly generalized, with 500m if not buying premade pieces you'll likely want to spend it on all the pay to win gachapon-only enchants you can get your hands on, some references here and here on enchants.

Weapons:
    Bhafel Hunter+Huntress is going to be the goto suggestion most people will give you, sporting 2 piercing levels and a 30 flat max bonus ontop of 15% bonus damage and infinite ammo. Nobility+Sniping enchants will net the most max bonus but also 10x repair, Lion Hunter+Wanderer will give the most without multiplying the repair rate. Personally I feel theres merit to the Divine Crossbow if you can manage to get a Novel enchant for it and don't care about the 10x repair fee that comes with that, since you can get up to 6 piercing levels, and with the spirit weapon revamp coming soon you'll be able to get a spirit passive skill that makes your archery skills not consume arrows or bolts but still applies the +10% damage boost you gain from using "Special" and "Sharp" arrow/bolt. Generally speaking the Divine Crossbow will let you do more damage on normal spawns, but the Bhafel will do more damage to bosses if you use Brionac to sheer their protection, if you intend on not sheering the Divine Crossbow gains even more appeal. Regardless of which way you go either of this will likely be the most expensive piece for purchase.
    Aside from the bow you'll want a Chain Blade, Cutthroat will be enough generally as Celtic Howling provides only about 20~ more max for 4.5~ times the repair rate, so you can just go Cutthroat with Artful+Fierce enchants without wasting too much gold on it and still getting more than good enough performance where it's needed instead of a bow.
    A Gloomy Sunday is probably a given, since deer hide phantasm implies you're soloing. If the market is particularly bad a pre-r1 allegro+chord violin should be cheap and you can throw reforges at it for playing effect, it's only about 1% less in base plays compared to a Gloomy.

Misc:
    If you pay for VIP you'll definitely want to invest into making a combo card with Magnum Shot 6 times, grinding out or buying dan stars for rerolling each slot via the combo card customization at the dan test npc. Sadly Nexon has been extremely stingy about Permanent Combo Cards and hasn't given them out without spending cash on gachapon since an event in 2015 when they were character locked and very unlikely to spawn at all, and likely will not give them out anymore going forward since they decided to use it as a monetization method.
    Furthermore if you're going to pay for extra gear slots I would suggest making a music buff set specifically aside from your Bohemian set. Easiest way to auto-switch to your instrument and trigger the gear slot change is to use Phantasmal Chorus before buffing as it forces the switch to an instrument instead of triggering a buff from singing.

Closing:
    Some personal advice from someone with a 25k elf, who now mains a 32k giant; Don't even bother with any of this and don't play an Elf if you aren't on the West coast, Archery's aim desyncs with latency and makes you miss significantly more the further from the servers in Amazon's data center in Oregon where Mabi's channel servers are hosted you are. Speaking purely statistically Elves only advantage is Archery and they fall behind in every other area of meaning be it directly or by proxy to some other nonsensical restrictions or debuffs. Playing the game purely relying on an RNG roll which lies to you about how high your success chance actually is while being worse at literally anything else is an absolutely miserable and soul crushing way to play and otherwise very enjoyable and one of a kind on the market game. Hoping desperately for a "Race rebalance" or "Elf buff" will never come to happen because the game's development is done around the KR server and the uniquely low latency of the region due to it's small size that causes elf to already be the best race in the game there so a buff for them is immensely unlikely to happen just because they're ineffective for most of the NA player base due to america being massive and the speed of light being too much of a bottleneck on internet latency.
    All that being said, if you're on the West Coast Elf+Archery is very effective and you should definitely go ahead with it already having the ability to fund the gear required.
    IntentKaarosLunarei
  • IntentIntent
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Holy ffing shiet dude. Thank you so much thats crazy man this is like exactly what I needed bro. You know what tho it sucks that I live in the middle of the US, but im still gonna do the elf cause like damn. I wish there was a guide like this for everything. Thank you bro. What your ign btw? @Lutetium
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Helsa wrote: »

Amazing tip. Bravo.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

Amazing tip. Bravo.

I guess I misunderstood what they meant by working on an elf, tee hee.
    Intent wrote: »
    Holy ffing shiet dude. Thank you so much thats crazy man this is like exactly what I needed bro. You know what tho it sucks that I live in the middle of the US, but im still gonna do the elf cause like damn. I wish there was a guide like this for everything. Thank you bro. What your ign btw? @Lutetium

That's the problem with asking advice for any game, you always get end of game suggestions when what you need are early game suggestions. So in that regard, get yourself the skill Hydra transformation. Nexon will be giving it away free shortly with the free Proffessor J rebirth coming up. Hydra combined with elf hide is a deadly combination. That should help you through a few problems while you work towards those end-of-game goals.