Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Food stats

PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
edited November 15, 2019 in General Chat
does anyone know what stats the new food give? :o

Comments

• KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170

P.S; Some of the stats seem to be a little off.
    PumpkinRioKensamaofmariKaarosAlshianpawcalypseWolfsinger
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Kaga wrote: »

Thank you so much <3
    Kaga
  • KaarosKaaros
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    Kaga wrote: »

Also thanks.
    Kaga
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    .........Now if only food buffs bypass the cap.

Then Id like it.
    PumpkinRio
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Alshian wrote: »

Then Id like it.

This might be a stupid question but are stats still capped at 1500?
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited November 18, 2019
    PumpkinRio wrote: »

Then Id like it.

This might be a stupid question but are stats still capped at 1500?

Yes but echostones and shine of eweca bypass the cap.

Everything else can't :c

This pretty much made food buffs near worthless to even use although still had use for HP/MP/Stamina as well as any stats your weak with. Alas that is all food buffs can show.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890

This pretty much made food buffs near worthless to even use although still had use for HP/MP/Stamina as well as any stats your weak with. Alas that is all food buffs can show.

then clearly the max damage ones are the best for you personally to use since max dmg has no cap
  • AlshianAlshian
    Arjune wrote: »

then clearly the max damage ones are the best for you personally to use since max dmg has no cap

Don't know, maybe it has a cap too but just never been reached yet.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

This reminds me a LOOOOONG time ago, there was a glitch where picking up items would cause the stat bonuses/reductions from your currently equipped title to be applied again and again until you changed channels. (it also worked in reverse, dropping items would cause you to lose stats from your title each time)

I can't remember perfectly, but some people did it with max damage titles and I think the result was if it the base damage stat was too high, it actually underflowed to low/no damage.
    Anyways, the cap is really high, won't have to worry about it.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

A cap at 1 billion is no different than a cap at 20,000. Unless the foods are that OP.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If food was worthless, I'd be out of an income source. Yet, somehow I'm still able to make money off of it.
  • AlshianAlshian
    If food was worthless, I'd be out of an income source. Yet, somehow I'm still able to make money off of it.

I said near worthless, once you reach endgame if folks even call it that, you gain less from the food buffs because your already so close to the cap for which ever stat your trying to gain.

although HP/MP/Stamina are always good enough buffs I guess or any special foods that increase your def/prot just for the extra survival.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I said near worthless, once you reach endgame if folks even call it that, you gain less from the food buffs because your already so close to the cap for which ever stat your trying to gain.

although HP/MP/Stamina are always good enough buffs I guess or any special foods that increase your def/prot just for the extra survival.

Sorry about that, I should've been more clear on my response. But I think that for the people way up there, it would be faster for them to make their own food, unless they're just looking for a mass quantity of the same foodstuffs for quests and other uses that are not for buffing.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Oh yea I forgot about that.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    since max dmg has no cap
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I can't remember perfectly, but some people did it with max damage titles and I think the result was if it the base damage stat was too high, it actually underflowed to low/no damage.
    Anyways, the cap is really high, won't have to worry about it.

I was around for this and have a technical explanation on the matter for those interested;
    Max damage is a signed short integer, in english that means the cap for max damage is exactly 32,767 and gaining one more will roll over to -32,767, according to the character window however you will simply have a damage range of 0~0, at that point regardless of skill any max scaling weapon you use will only deal 1 damage to any target in the game since outside of special cases like the feth fiadha zombie 1 is the minimum damage you can deal.
    I can't confirm that magic attack is also a signed short integer since it wasn't a stat back when this bug existed, but it's a relatively safe assumption to make since you can have more than 255, and when you potion poison yourself to 0 int you will have -2 magic attack.
    Alchemy damage bonuses have a higher limit, since alchemy titles add damage in the same way an alchemy enchant would theres never a case where you would have less than 0 (this doesnt apply to the later added vitals scaling for alchemy, having a negative mana or health will reduce water cannon and flame burst damage, stamina can't go negative however), at the time I only tested up to around 40k~ water alchemy damage which ruled out a signed short int but not an unsigned short int (0~65,535), which amusingly netted around 300k non-critical with a basic cylinder which was unimaginable for the time and now with all the power creep you can hit over double that, but I'm
    starting to ramble off the topic.

That aside and a more relevant to the subject at hand comment, an Alchemy boosting food or two wouldn't be unwelcome to complete the range of options since we have max damage and magic attack foods. (Alchemy scaling caps at 2500 even if you boost vitals past that sadly.)
  • AlshianAlshian
    Hmm since we talking max Damage which new food stat of a food give max dmg if it exist yet?
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Hmm since we talking max Damage which new food stat of a food give max dmg if it exist yet?

Well Highball gives +1 Max damage :o they're pretty easy to make too.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    It's all about that max/magic ATT food IMO.
    PumpkinRio wrote: »

Well Highball gives +1 Max damage :o they're pretty easy to make too.

You can get +2 with it too.
    You can also get +2 Magic Attack with Hard Cider
    PumpkinRio
  • AlshianAlshian
    I guess Stat foods are still better, really wish they buff catering skill to have its stats bypass the cap.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 26, 2019
    I think eating some food should create a gas cloud around you that poisons mobs, PCs, MACs, and NPCs alike.