Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Really Mabi?

SqueeSquee
Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
edited November 27, 2019 in General Chat
No but seriously... Why would this game do an attendance event in November also including Thanksgiving break when a LOT of people are out of town and won't be able to log in?

Yes, sadly this just dawned on me because I just realized since I'm going out of town, I won't be able to log in for a few days which screws my chances of getting the piano for being online every day which was the ONE thing I wanted from this event. Nexon REALLY needs to think their events out more carefully. ANY other time, I would have a perfect attendance record, but the one time I go out of town is when they do something like this.

Of course, not like this attendance events are interesting in the first place. You literally just log in and AFK until goodness happens.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Desktop and not a laptop? Are you going back to your folks house? Maybe they have a computer. Even if its old and would be laggy, all you need to do is log in and stand there.
    PumpkinRioKensamaofmariDraechCrimsọnSherri
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    Helsa wrote: »
    Desktop and not a laptop? Are you going back to your folks house? Maybe they have a computer. Even if its old and would be laggy, all you need to do is log in and stand there.

Yeah mabi doesn't really need much power to run, you can probably lower the settings to super low quality to get the attendance stamp.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    The event lasts 28 days, you only need 20 stamps.
    You get 8 days grace.
    KensamaofmariSkyahriDraechVeylainepawcalypseSherri
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Just set up Teamviewer unattended access and remote desktop to you box at home from your phone, anyone can do it and it costs nothing.
    KensamaofmariBlissfulkill
  • HelsaHelsa
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Just set up Teamviewer unattended access and remote desktop to you box at home from your phone, anyone can do it and it costs nothing.

And set up a UPS for your 'puter and modem . . . juuuuust in case :)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh my god, OP is at it again...
    Draech
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    What if our O/S does not qualify for Remote-DeskTop Configuration ?

Not that I am going to worry too much given the back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back never-ending back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back Events that are constantly running where I still have nearly 3000 of those Soaked Instrument-Bags in my inventory yet to be opened (hey, I don't like to «waste» anything, and so I'll use things up until there's enough room to not have to drop everything onto the ground !).

So a Piano is the reward from this Event is it ? I'm sure the price will probably go down (at least for a short while) where you'll probably be able to buy it from other players or AH or House-Channel or otherwise during the Event-End. Some people value their inventory space after all and would rather make a quick sale to make room for other... merchandise...?
    Lutetium wrote: »
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I find it interesting that the complaint comes more than halfway through the required days of the event.
    Draech
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    You guys must live a somehow privileged life if you think everyone can just grab internet anywhere.

Surprisingly, considering you're americans, and I've heard so much about how bad your ISPs are treating all of you.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    TNinja wrote: »
    bad your ISPs are treating all of you.

True. :/
    edited November 27, 2019
    You guys must live a somehow privileged life if you think everyone can just grab internet anywhere.

Surprisingly, considering you're americans, and I've heard so much about how bad your ISPs are treating all of you.

We're progressing to the world of 5G (hides the 3G service on phone)
  • SkyahriSkyahri
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    Complaining about free stuff, AMAZING.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

If he's away for 8 DAYS then yeah that sucks.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Skyahri wrote: »
    Complaining about free stuff, AMAZING.
    They apply it to your account and you have to do nothing for it?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

Wasn't there some sort of bill in progress about banning 5G because of health concern or something?

Well, I live at the edge of our country, so even as an European, our net services are horrendous. I'd be pissed too if I had to go away for over a week.
    Sherri

Wasn't there some sort of bill in progress about banning 5G because of health concern or something?

Well, I live at the edge of our country, so even as an European, our net services are horrendous. I'd be pissed too if I had to go away for over a week.

Maybe, depends on your country.
    The goal of reaching 5G is to end the days of lag. At least that's what one of the goals is.
  • SkyahriSkyahri
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    edited November 27, 2019
    Even if you can't get all the rewards you still get a lot of free stuff for doing basically nothing. If you can't get all the rewards for whatever reason it is unfortunate but it is still free stuff so I don't really see a point in complaining, also I think a 8 day grace period when you only need to log in for 20 days is pretty good.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Habimaru wrote: »
    What if our O/S does not qualify for Remote-DeskTop Configuration ?
    Thats why I said Teamviewer and not Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol, Teamviewer is free and works on every version of windows that mabi works on, with clients for linux, macos, ios, and android. I'm sure OP falls under this very inclusive range of compatible operating systems.
    America does infact have quite good mobile internet coverage, even if the plans you can get as a normie have rather low data caps, I don't think I'd call it a privilege so much as a standard for any first world country.
    It's only super terrible in Comcast and AT&T monopoly areas.
    If I remember correctly, there tends to be an attendance event this time of year.
  • HelsaHelsa
    What it really comes down to is will the piano be free or not. My main on Alexina will be keeping theres but my alt on Nao won't. To quote your typical small-town mechanic, "How much you got?"