Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ornament Making Contest RULES

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited April 16, 2020 in Vault
It's ALMOST that time of year again...(RIP Turkey Day). That's right, it's almost Christmas time! To celebrate, we are having an ornament making contest! Using the template, design your ornament. This can be either edited screenshots or drawn images.

Ornaments must be:

• Mabinogi Themed
  • Inside the template provided
  • Drawn or edited screenshots
  • Can have more than one character

Template:
lHYsziB.png

Only 1 entry per person!

Please submit your creations HERE along with your in-game name and server.

There will be 10 winners in total who will each win 15 Sacred Light Boxes. Anyone from any region can join!

Submission dates: November 25th - December 9th 11:59 PM PST

Comments

• BelleBelle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,730
    How do I put a screenshot in the template? I always seem to have trouble with this :/
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Belle wrote: »
    How do I put a screenshot in the template? I always seem to have trouble with this :/

I was wondering the same thing... I suck at editing.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Greta wrote: »

Use an image-editing software that supports transparency, like Photoshop or GIMP (this one's open-license, so it's free). Add the template by screenshotting it, and using a smart selection tool to select all the white in the middle. By deleting the white, you create a zone of transparency in your template.

Once done, create a new layer (a new image that can either be over or under your current image) and paste your screenshot in the layer; make sure you selected your new layer rather than your old one, otherwise you'll overwrite your template. Then, adjust the layer's settings so it's displayed under/behind your "template" layer.

If you did all this, then you should be able to adjust freely your screenshot in the back, and your template will remain at the front and unaffected. Always remember Ctrl+Z will save you if you did something that messed everything up.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 28, 2019
    Photoshop? Well crap, my laptop is too old for this...
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390

Or you could go the old-fashioned way: print the template, print your screenshot, do a little arts & crafts, and scan it.
    Starthepurple1
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 29, 2019

https://www.photopea.com/

Those that don't have or can't afford photoshop, use photopea.

Just remember to save file versions of your work often.
  • Starthepurple1Starthepurple1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000

I used 3D paint....O.O took forever and about gave up but..... I lived! XD
  • Starthepurple1Starthepurple1
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    Draech wrote: »

Or you could go the old-fashioned way: print the template, print your screenshot, do a little arts & crafts, and scan it.

.... I might just do that next time ...... >.>' sounds alot easier... or print the template and draw on it....
  • PokemanPhillPokemanPhill
    Mabinogi Rep: 400

The easiest (and cheapest) way to do it is to use paint.net
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Completely slipped my mind that the deadline is tonight.
  • MiniRaspberriesMiniRaspberries
    Mabinogi Rep: 230
    When will the winners be announced??