Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pets : They really need to be scaled up~how much ?

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
Although there are plenty of things which should probably be kept the way they are, I still thing some things should be modified a bit, pets in particular.
Yes, yes, they added in something called a «Perks» system, but, you know, hundreds of pets, limited Summoning Time... I am sure I can't be the only one.
Eventually, the A.I. System might need an upgrade, but it does not seem to warrant any high-priority. Anyway...: Pet-Scaling... what sounds reasonable ?
  1. Pet-Scaling ?17 votes
    1. 1.5x Current Stats
       0% (0 votes)
    2. 2x Current Stats
       6% (1 vote)
    3. 3x Current Stats
       18% (3 votes)
    4. 4x Current Stats
       6% (1 vote)
    5. 5x Current Stats
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Somewhere in-between 6x to 9x Current Stats (and I swear I have no Ulterior-Motive for this Option!)
       6% (1 vote)
    7. 10x Current Stats
       0% (0 votes)
    8. MOAR Than 10x Current Stats!!!
       35% (6 votes)
    9. Sorry, but, I'm going to be «That Guy» and say : No
       12% (2 votes)
    10. Gah ! Habi is posting again ! O_O /gets out machine-guns & nuclear-arsenal to wage war against him !
       18% (3 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited November 30, 2019
    More stats wouldn't go amiss, but I also don't like the way pets skills advance.

In a nutshell, not many skills would be that amazing at a cap of r6 (or r5 if you shell out for a pet training kit) even with higher stats.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Divine Link to boost a pet's Magic Def/Prot to the same extent that it did to their physical Def/Prot so pets didn't burn through all of their Sacred Revival charges in a single chaincasted Thunder.
    Yoriden
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    AI system definitely needs an upgrade. Our pets are stupid as hell.
    pawcalypseBlissfulkillKensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Crims wrote: »

Most mobs are stupid as well so i'm not complaining. I'm only triggered at how our summoned Golem is even more stupid than everything else in this game.
    BlissfulkillChopawcalypseWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Sadly I don't think making our pets read books to increase AI intelligence would work since pets can't read.

Including our Slav- I mean Partners.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Greta wrote: »

Most mobs are stupid as well so i'm not complaining. I'm only triggered at how our summoned Golem is even more stupid than everything else in this game.

Agreed, it's dumber than a pile of rocks.

And it IS A PILE OF ROCKS.
    GretapawcalypseYoridenAleiraSwordfireWolfsinger
    edited December 1, 2019
    Honestly, it is one thing to give the Shadow Golem much higher stats. It is quite frankly disgusting to only actually give it a working AI only when it is a shadow Golem.

Honestly...is base golem bugged or something? It would be one of the more relevant alchemy skills today if it, you know...could act independently. As it stands now, it can't even draw aggro.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Honestly, it is one thing to give the Shadow Golem much higher stats. It is quite frankly disgusting to only actually give it a working AI only when it is a shadow Golem.

Honestly...is base golem bugged or something? It would be one of the more relevant alchemy skills today if it, you know...could act independently. As it stands now, it can't even draw aggro.

Shadow Golem is bugged as well for me. Sometimes it goes into a Taunt loop or the AI just shuts itself off.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I just want that stupid summon time to be removed, its useless nowadays. I could bring up the fact I payed for some of these pets with my money, but that's been milked dry like my wallet

Also, pets keep getting buffs and such, but what about partners? No perks, no divine link, they're not good whatsoever at basic combat..
    Give them some more uses too!
    NilremIyasenuYoridenRadiant DawnpawcalypseAleiraSwordfireWolfsingerChaosShadow
  • AlshianAlshian
    I paid good monies for a slav- i mean partner if they can't function better, what are they even?
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I wish we could divine link with our slav- partners.
    pawcalypse
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    I wish we could divine link with our slav- partners.

Sir, these forums have children reading them. Please restrain yourself from discussing and or mentioning more prurient topics.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

Agreed, it's dumber than a pile of rocks.

And it IS A PILE OF ROCKS.

Are rocks dumber than bricks?
  • lucifernlucifern
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    honestly they are tanky enough physically
    they just need more magic defence and prot
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited December 5, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »
    What about partners? No perks, no divine link, they're not good whatsoever at basic combat..

This. I would love to see partners get a revamp. More stats, ability to link, and other things Giving them final hit like how KR did.

I would also like to see the addition of elf and giant partners...
  • AlshianAlshian
    Sherri wrote: »
    What about partners? No perks, no divine link, they're not good whatsoever at basic combat..

This. I would love to see partners get a revamp. More stats, ability to link, and other things Giving them final hit like how KR did.

I would also like to see the addition of elf and giant partners...

Your telling me Nexon sold me incomplete goods?

I want a refund :c

Or give our goods the full value and feature.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Pets are getting a ton of attention by Nexon as it is, the whole idea of "scaling them up" seems redundant.

Partners on the other hand are being left even further behind and serve very specific roles, usually related to gathering. It would be nice if partners got all the divine link, perks, and other bonuses that pets got along with a rework of the way equipment works for them. At least let partner's repeat their own equipment without needing to trade it back. I could see partners being actually useful and potentially meta for divine link but it's not like other pets wouldn't still serve their roles for debuffing and transportation.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Nah. Pets are still essentially «one-shot fodder» even with the «Perks» system implemented. Seriously. How helpful has my A.I. been to anyone ? None of my pets can really last for more than maybe two unguarded/unprotected hits on any difficulty above Shadow-Mission Hard-Mode (or was it Elite). Back in the day, this would have been one of the absolute top high-demand A.I.s to use, back when it was possible to «strategically» deal with one-monster-at-a-time-in-its-group-archetype-attacks-you scenarios instead of the multi-agro that we have in this day and age.

In fact, for that matter, I remember when I used to run shadow-missions where I would get agro'd by two spawns at a time, and I could just send my pet to deal with one of the monster-agros (with Pet-Solo script-version) whilst I dealt with the other opponent. Also, back when Dungeons used to require actual groups and team-work to complete, the performance of my pets being able to solo on their own was so impressive to those who ran dungeons with me that I actually ended up becoming rather famous for it where they literally knew who it was when they told their friends about some guy who had pets that could solo on their own.

Past Group-Member via FL-Message : «Hey, you're famous, man. I told one of my friends about your pets and the A.I. you use. He responded: "Were his pets able to solo their own agro in your dungeon runs?" Me: "Yeah" Him: "Was his name Habistus?" Me: "Yeah, so you've met him?"»
    [Note: Not my current main-character any more but it used to be once before]

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/21813/one-of-my-personally-designed-coded-pet-a-i-s

Perhaps the combat-system itself needs a re-balancing. Thus far we have...:
    Easy
    Normal/Int
    Advanced
    Hard
    Elite
    Lord
    Phantasm

...next would have to be something like «Testament» class followed by «Ragnarok» difficulty. And don't worry about the background-story as to how the pets got so much stronger and were able to keep up with the Milletians. That can be done just by having a Generation specific to pet co-operation and a «major unprecedented incident» which had caused a «phenomenon» that allowed pets to start «evolving» to be able to have more than the seven basic skills of Smash, Defense, Counter-Attack, Fire-Bolt, Ice-Bolt, Lightning Bolt and Heal. How many skills are available to Milletians now ? How long have these pets been with their Milletians-owners ?

Do Milletians really lack in the «creativity» department to try and figure out how to train pets to surpass their limits and teach them new tricks ?

In any case, given the attention that this thread/topic has gotten, people obviously have an interest in trying something «new» with their pets that allows them to be more than mere cannon-fodder for only one hit or two; something that even the «Perks» system does not seem to be able to address at this time (said something being the fact that pets are pretty much still just Cannon-Fodder or only temporary Divine-Link Distractions). I need my pets to be more than just «bait» for agro...
    Maia wrote: »
    Pets are getting a ton of attention by Nexon as it is, the whole idea of "scaling them up" seems redundant.
  • MaiaMaia
    edited December 6, 2019
    I don't know about you but I use a 10k total pet with maxed out divine link subskills and the thing is pretty tanky; 5000% recovery speed helps. Ignoring the fact I can already keep it out for 3-4 hours right now, the update that KR got increases their summon time and inventory capacity. Not to mention you'll be able to fuse them with any new meta pets that come out. The new pets also damage without knocking back and I'm pretty sure even just now my pet has like 700 max so that's free dps. Also I'm pretty sure you can summon AOE pets without desummong your divine link pet.

Pets and divine link are a huge game changer. Period. The annoyance comes in with enemies/content that disable your ability to use them, which only goes to show how useful they are already.
    Habimaru
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Maia I'm excited for the Pet Expeditions and Pihne Pet updates, too.

But, how are you already able to keep your Pet summoned for 3~4 hours?
    I thought most pets capped out at ~120 minutes of summon time, a few are slightly above that, and a handful cap out at 180 instead.
    Floral Fairy, Food Truck, Nine-Tailed Fox, Scooter, and Alpaca to name some.

I know that having a pet watching a personal shop doesn't count against its summon time, but I can't think of anything else that can extend the amount of daily time you can play with a pet.

And the disabling pets thing is so true. I like going into combat with my pets backing me up.
    It's why I hate Seven Nightmares so much. And the Wraiths in Rabbie Phantasm, but at least you can try to avoid their pet-blocking roar with invincibility frames or something.
  • MaiaMaia
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Oh it's nothing glitchy or weird. I chose to primary a Patrasche which has a 212 min default spawn time. They have pretty decent stats on top of that. The two juiciest things about having a pet (for combat purposes) come from total level (shine of eweca) and divine link (subskills) so you can use pretty much whatever as long as it's got decent speed and base stats. Snowman and scooter imp are too ugly for my taste and the debuffs didn't seem worth losing out on the summon time, especially since pets are usually more valuable as damage sponges.
    Iyasenu