Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Really Mabi?

Comments

• KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
    there is always an attendance event around this time. been here since 2013 a week before ninja was released. so quit whining bcuz nexon didnt take your plans into account.
  • DragoneartusDragoneartus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,240
    Nexon "Here's some free stuff"
    Players "HOW DARE YOU GIVE FREE STUFF"
    Nexon "Breathes"
    Players "HOW DARE YOU EXIST!"
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    TNinja wrote: »
    You guys must live a somehow privileged life if you think everyone can just grab internet anywhere.

Laugh all you want, but cellular here is pretty darn good and mabi uses a ridiculously small amount of data. Oh, your "unlimited" plan doesn't allow tethering? Call up your carrier and get a cheapo 2 gig. Mabi uses about 30mb per month, if you don't count the client updates.

I'd say the only people who have any excuse are people in remote places where even cellular can't reach. Satellite internet is terrible, no matter what you do.
    Surprisingly, considering you're americans, and I've heard so much about how bad your ISPs are treating all of you.

Yeah yeah, everybody hates their cable. Us cellular guys are working on it. This 5G stuff isn't exactly a quick install, and adding the extra 4G bands for better long range connections depends on retiring 3G and slower services.

As for whether or not 5G is going to kill us all...I seriously wouldn't worry about that. It's not a "stronger" signal like people think. It's a weaker signal that has a tradeoff of holding more data. So you have to have tons of little antennas with small signals rather than big antennas putting out a big signal every block or so. If you're worried about small antennas here and there, you should be throwing out your wifi router, your range extenders, bluetooth devices, baby monitors, wireless controllers, etc.

In the real world, radio nerds have been "irradiating" themselves for longer than the internet's been around. Just don't stick your tongue on a transmitting antenna and you'll be fine.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    One of the bad thing about attendance is that if you disconnect, the timer resets.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    One of the bad thing about attendance is that if you disconnect, the timer resets.

Poor boo; found out the hard way did you?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    For a moment I thought I may have had something to worry about but, upon further contemplation, I figure you meant transmitting antennas like this...
    SS4874_zoom.gif
    ...rather than receiving antennas like this...
    8962732e-e4e4-4b0c-9d6d-eb34f3ebc567.JPG
    O_O

...although I cannot deny the fact that I am still tempted to field-test sticking on tongue onto the first type in order to verify the claim...

O_O
    Policroma wrote: »
    Just don't stick your tongue on a transmitting antenna and you'll be fine.

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited November 28, 2019
    Image search for "radio antennas on top of sandia mountains" and you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about. ;)

(Actually, I'm being somewhat silly here. Don't touch one of these at all. Just don't. You already have the right idea.)
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited November 29, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »

Poor boo; found out the hard way did you?

No, I knew that. I had a few disconnects in the past and early in the event, but none as bad as Wednesday.
    I disconnected about 5 times average about 32 minutes and almost ran out of time. But in the end I sacrificed everyone else's internet usage in the house to reset the connection.
    Habimaru wrote: »
    For a moment I thought I may have had something to worry about but, upon further contemplation, I figure you meant transmitting antennas like this...
    SS4874_zoom.gif
    ...rather than receiving antennas like this...
    8962732e-e4e4-4b0c-9d6d-eb34f3ebc567.JPG
    O_O

...although I cannot deny the fact that I am still tempted to field-test sticking on tongue onto the first type in order to verify the claim...

O_O
    Just don't stick your tongue on a transmitting antenna and you'll be fine.
    Image search for "radio antennas on top of sandia mountains" and you'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about. ;)

(Actually, I'm being somewhat silly here. Don't touch one of these at all. Just don't. You already have the right idea.)

Good ol antennas, for those who still watch regular tv or use the radio in a car.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Okay... I'll admit. I didn't know there was an 8 day grace period. The last attendance event was REALLY strict on how many days it lasted and you had to log in every day. Having a grace period is good. Honestly, I thought the event was just one month so I thought it was another strict period. I must have miscounted the days.

Sorry guys. I'm complaining about stupid stuff now. This one was my mistake.
    GretaDraechSherri
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Long as you can admit it then you are automatically ahead in many ways in regards to the earning of respect department.
    Unlike crooked cops and abusive parents (and other forms of narcissistic personality disorder people) who will never ever say or utter these two phrases :
    1) I am sorry
    2) I was wrong

I still think most people would agree though, especially if I bothered to spend the time writing an article over the concept, that people would prefer for Events to be paced out, rather than suddenly loaded all at once, simultaneously. Events are (metaphorically) like food being served at a restaurant. Your patrons will only be able to digest so much at a time, and, in order for the maximum enjoyment of what is being dished out, you serve them in sync with their hunger-cycles.

Classes are similar, for, when I used to actively teach multiple students, I had to come to terms with the fact that, regardless of how much or how badly or quickly I wanted a student to really become highly skilled or gain a deep comprehension of something, I can really and should only teach just enough to sate what their (intellectual/motivational) hunger can absorb, and not so much at a time that they could get nauseated and possibly puke all over the carpet.
    Squee wrote: »
    Okay... I'll admit. I didn't know there was an 8 day grace period. The last attendance event was REALLY strict on how many days it lasted and you had to log in every day. Having a grace period is good. Honestly, I thought the event was just one month so I thought it was another strict period. I must have miscounted the days.

• HelsaHelsa
    edited November 30, 2019
    Sorry guys.

Oh for EFFS sakes you have NOTHING to apologise for. So you asked a question that you might've been able to find the answer for reasonably easy in other ways, BIG FRIGGEN DEAL. This is internet, you know there are always gonna be folks here who have nothing better to do than to jump on people over NOTHING. EFF-them!

Stand tall, man; you're a Squee, you're THE SQUEE!

Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 30, 2019
    Long as you can admit it then you are automatically ahead in many ways in regards to the earning of respect department.
    Unlike crooked cops and abusive parents (and other forms of narcissistic personality disorder people) who will never ever say or utter these two phrases :
    1) I am sorry
    2) I was wrong

I still think most people would agree though, especially if I bothered to spend the time writing an article over the concept, that people would prefer for Events to be paced out, rather than suddenly loaded all at once, simultaneously. Events are (metaphorically) like food being served at a restaurant. Your patrons will only be able to digest so much at a time, and, in order for the maximum enjoyment of what is being dished out, you serve them in sync with their hunger-cycles.

Classes are similar, for, when I used to actively teach multiple students, I had to come to terms with the fact that, regardless of how much or how badly or quickly I wanted a student to really become highly skilled or gain a deep comprehension of something, I can really and should only teach just enough to sate what their (intellectual/motivational) hunger can absorb, and not so much at a time that they could get nauseated and possibly puke all over the carpet.

Narcissism is what generation X and Z mistakes for discipline. You're not supposed to apologize when when you find fault in them for something they did wrong. But these days when you dish out discipline such as grounding or restricting them, they consider it abusive and narcissistic. I NEVER apologize for something they did wrong that needs to be corrected. That's called proper parenting. But these younger generations are spoiled and entitled and brainwashed.

Good example; Sally's mom tells Sally that because she didn't do the dishes or clean up her room she can't go to the concert. Sally's mom presents the case pretty plainly and should be understood pretty easily. But Sally refuses to understand the concept that Sally's mom has presented. She thinks her mom is being cruel and keeps arguing her case. Sally's mom sticks to her guns and tells Sally if she did what she was told she would of been able to go but because she didn't follow through she will not be able to go. Instead of doing what she was told and taking some RESPONSIBILITY Sally freaks BLEEP out and tells everyone that her mom is keeping her locked up and isolated from the world and eventually CPS is called on Sally's mom. This causes loss of wages, breaks up the family, basically general severe inconvenience and violation of rights and privacy, ext. Sally's mom is now at a loss at what to do. She doesn't know how to guide her daughter anymore. Her hands are tied because of the system in place and the current views of what this generation considers abuse. Sally does whatever the hell she wants, doesn't believe in getting a job, expects handouts, steals from her mom, ext. Sally's mom gives up and starts drinking, heavily. Dies of cirrhosis 10 years later. Sally is carouseling from guy to guy and sometimes living on the street because she refuses to take responsibility - which she would of learned if she listened to her mom. Nope instead she believed what her friends and the media was telling her, that her mom was narcissistic and abusive. "Don't worry Sally you have all of our support. It's not your fault~!" XD

Hahahahaha...ok that was probably a bit much. lol.

But that escalated quickly didn't it? That is the beast we live in today. You know this is crap they teach in school and abuse has broaden much similar to the autism spectrum. But seriously that's what we're dealing with these days. You're not allowed to discipline your kids at all, it's considered narcissism and abuse now.

You're not supposed to apologize for disciplining your kids. Jesus bleeping christ. smhlol. XD
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Crims wrote: »
    asdf/<snip>/etc
    I can't really give a full response to this as I only have connection via mobile device right now but I am not referring to parents of (so-called) "brats" but of severe cases that are properly defined by the very words I use and not the modern-day bastardization of meanings (more on lawyers and legalese another time though).

When a mother is pressing a hot iron to the face of her ten-year-old boy, then, from the very definition of that act, absolutely no other word would describe it accurately to me other than calling it abusiveness. I also had a former step-father who, despite the fact that I always got straight A's in school into my high school years, I never did drugs, I never drank alcoholic beverages, I have always been a non-smoker, I did all the expected chores (and more for that matter), etc, etc, I was constantly harassed by him like I was already guilty of something, and it eventually got to the point where even someone like me, who is extremely patient, was not going to tolerate his war-mongering against me any more and it was I who had to discipline him with a warning of severe consequences of sending him to the hospital with no possibility of recovery for the next 3 years in a row minimum.

The drama they caused was bad enough to result in my parents getting divorced not too long afterwards (within a couple years it eventually happened). In any case, the most productive years of my life with the most rapid financial progress came only after I had cut off all contact from all family, changed my number in order to prevent any contact from parents, and I was suddenly getting straight A's in school again when I was on my own.

I also have an amusing story of a little boy who was eventually willing to behave himself after I kicked his ass like he asked me to. And this was a literal kick, with him literally sticking his butt out, and I even double checked and triple checked if he was SURE he wanted me to kick his ass, and he was all like "Yeah, go ahead, kick my ass, Habi!" So I 'm like, "Okay, don't say I didn't warn you " and he got ONE good martial arts style mantis version round house snap kick stinging his ass.

"Ow! Habi, that hurt!
    Me: "Well, D'UH! I even ASKED you if you were SURE that you wanted to get your ass kicked and you even INSISTED that I kick your ass. That's how it feels when you get your ass kicked! Why the hell would you insist for me to kick your ass!?"

I should probably have used "politicians" as a better or at least more agreeable example of NPD. And I certainly do not align nor agree with those who exude politician-behaviour.
    Crimsọn
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    1) I am sorry
    2) I was wrong

Well... We all make mistakes. Admitting when you know you screwed up is what being an adult is about.
    Helsa wrote: »
    Sorry guys.

Oh for EFFS sakes you have NOTHING to apologise for. So you asked a question that you might've been able to find the answer for reasonably easy in other ways, BIG FRIGGEN DEAL. This is internet, you know there are always gonna be folks here who have nothing better to do than to jump on people over NOTHING. EFF-them!

Stand tall, man; you're a Squee, you're THE SQUEE!

Yeah, but I made a mistake and misread the event or something (Still not sure how I made that mistake). I made a mistake and I'm just saying it was my mistake. Apologizing when we screw up is what adults should do. I won't apologize for some of the rants I've gone on because I feel that they're justified, but this one was not Nexon's fault, so it's really not justified for me to complain about the event when my rant was about something I misunderstood.
    I can't really give a full response to this as I only have connection via mobile device right now but I am not referring to parents of (so-called) "brats" but of severe cases that are properly defined by the very words I use and not the modern-day bastardization of meanings (more on lawyers and legalese another time though).

When a mother is pressing a hot iron to the face of her ten-year-old boy, then, from the very definition of that act, absolutely no other word would describe it accurately to me other than calling it abusiveness. I also had a former step-father who, despite the fact that I always got straight A's in school into my high school years, I never did drugs, I never drank alcoholic beverages, I have always been a non-smoker, I did all the expected chores (and more for that matter), etc, etc, I was constantly harassed by him like I was already guilty of something, and it eventually got to the point where even someone like me, who is extremely patient, was not going to tolerate his war-mongering against me any more and it was I who had to discipline him with a warning of severe consequences of sending him to the hospital with no possibility of recovery for the next 3 years in a row minimum.

The drama they caused was bad enough to result in my parents getting divorced not too long afterwards (within a couple years it eventually happened). In any case, the most productive years of my life with the most rapid financial progress came only after I had cut off all contact from all family, changed my number in order to prevent any contact from parents, and I was suddenly getting straight A's in school again when I was on my own.

I also have an amusing story of a little boy who was eventually willing to behave himself after I kicked his ass like he asked me to. And this was a literal kick, with him literally sticking his butt out, and I even double checked and triple checked if he was SURE he wanted me to kick his ass, and he was all like "Yeah, go ahead, kick my ass, Habi!" So I 'm like, "Okay, don't say I didn't warn you " and he got ONE good martial arts style mantis version round house snap kick stinging his ass.

"Ow! Habi, that hurt!
    Me: "Well, D'UH! I even ASKED you if you were SURE that you wanted to get your ass kicked and you even INSISTED that I kick your ass. That's how it feels when you get your ass kicked! Why the hell would you insist for me to kick your ass!?"

I should probably have used "politicians" as a better or at least more agreeable example of NPD. And I certainly do not align nor agree with those who exude politician-behaviour.

Alright... This topic is starting to derail a bit...
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 2, 2019
    I apologize but at the time I was watching a few videos about some whiners vlogging about their "narcissistic" parents and then honed in on Habi's comment regarding them. These parents are are basically me. Fed up with life and it's tedious moronic bs, they are understandably pessimistic about perpetual bs but can't make these brats comprehend anything. I used to think that my kids would take my wisdom and not bleep up like I did. But I guess some people have to learn the hard way and I am just intolerant to willful ignorance. Common sense with kids like that is replaced with procrastination and redundant bs - it gets old fast over the years. I mean, seriously, I am on these forums and you guys know how I am, and I have teens in the house who do not listen to me when it comes to chores and other typical stuff.

I guess I can only hope that one day they will see the light and look back on their earlier years and cringe. XD

Once again my apologies, back on with the original topic at hand. (Disclosure: That story about sally is completely fictional lol).
  • HelsaHelsa
    Well since there seems to be a general consensus that this topic is derailed and has run it's course, I guess knocking the caboose off too, at this point, is irrelevant; and so . . .

"Ah saws Big Foot once! Nanteen Fift'-one. Made a sound ah nev'r foh-gee-it. The fellers and I was at fishin'. We'd been drinkin' gasleen n'havin' a good tam. Y'know nass t'be away fr'm the womenfolk n'all. In-way, muh free-end Wilbur n'ah decides weez gun have a fist-fat, y'know jus a lil dust up between free-ends; no big deal. So he picks up n'oar n'konks me in the hee-ed. Ahm lying there, in the dirt, thinkin' "nass one Wilbur" n'ah looks over in dah bushes n'see this big ol' thing looks lak a go-rilla. N'ah says, "what th'hell is thay-at?". Wilbur says "What th'hell is what?" Ah say over yonder doan y'see that big ole go-rilla? Wilbur says, " Aw hell, son, you've haid to much swamp gas. Here have s'more gasoline; that'll clear yer noggin." So ah dee-id, n'the dang thing was still there. So ah git m'shotgun an shoot the sumbidge. Well it storts hollering sum'n fierce, n'runs off. Funny thing is, it sounded jus lak m'ex waff, though she was m'waff at the time."
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Completely derailed now. Smhlol.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crims wrote: »
    Completely derailed now. Smhlol.

<Helsa squeals with delight like a school-girl on her birthday>
    Crimsọn