Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

My Nexon Launcher wont launch after today's update

GFKGFK
Mabinogi Rep: 855
in Technical Support
It's happening again LOL; After today's update i open my nexon launcher as always, click "PLAY" button; starts loading... "Currently in-game"... and almost 20 secs later... stops loading.
  1. What should i do?0 votes
    1. Uninstall and play via Steam like last year (same happened)
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Send a support ticket like a noob
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Stop playing this game until it fixes (hate installation issues)
       0% (0 votes)
    4. You are doing something wrong you *****!
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited November 14, 2019
    Try to close all processes, client and launcher. Restart launcher, disable antivirus and see if it works.
    Or as Ms Helsa says, try to see if it works on Safe Mode with networking.
  • SupericeboySupericeboy
    Mabinogi Rep: 315
    I have been having the same issue these past few days. I have excluded Mabinogi with my firewall and anti-virus but no luck. I was able to launch Mabinogi on safe mode with networking.
  • SupericeboySupericeboy
    Bump- has anyone found any solutions to this issue or anything similar?
    GFK
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Have you tried disabling antivirus and then launch the launcher?
    Since you said it works on safe mode, that might be the case.
  • SupericeboySupericeboy
    Yup. I tried that before and no luck
  • SupericeboySupericeboy
    edited December 6, 2019
    Ok so I manage to find a solution thanks to my friends. The issue is there was a lot Microsoft visual c++ that might have conflicted with Mabinogi
  • IcezeroIcezero
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    How did you fix it? Im having the same problem.
  • SupericeboySupericeboy
    Check your installed programs and see if there is Microsoft visual c++, I had a few of them that was probably conflicting with Mabinogi. I deleted them and installed the latest one, and my Mabinogi was able to launch.
  • IcezeroIcezero
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Its not really working for me.. I uninstalled and launched mabi... it redownloaded the 2010 version but still wont launch.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited December 8, 2019
    The issues described sound a lot like errors with the registry which is a Windows problem and not necessarily anything to do with the Nexon-client.

Whilst there are such things as «Free» Registry Cleaners/Repairers, but, in my not-so-humble opinion, all of those free-versions don't even come close to the effectiveness of ZookaWare's Registry Repair software (and it's only a 30$/US per year subscription cost for use on up to five computers which I consider to be totally worth the investment; and no, I do not get paid for recommending them, nor am I affiliated with its company in any way, but is literally my top choice software that I use for security and computer-functionality purposes).

I also love the profile of the Founder and Manager of the ZookaWare product...
    Meet our experienced team
    xcarl-photo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fS8wXh43m1.webp
    Carl Haugen
    Founder and Manager

His great grandfather owned a bank and a John Deere dealer, his grandfather owned a Cadillac dealer and too many more businesses to list, his dad owned his business for 35 years until retiring, so you could say being an entrepreneur comes natural to Carl. He launched his first business at the age of 14, breeding and training llamas. At 15, he started college at Northwestern and his second business growing and selling certified organic vegetables. At its peak, Carl's Country Produce had three locations and 8 acres of farmland. At 19, with two successful businesses under his belt, Carl decided to move on to attend the University of Idaho. After finding college boring he quit to start BluePenguin Software in 2004, later renamed ZookaWare in 2011. Because Carl attended college instead of high school he never graduated high school and later quit college, making Carl both a high school dropout and college dropout. His duel dropout status surpassed both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs college only dropout status which some believe is the most proud achievement of Carl's life.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 8, 2019
    Can you tell us as to why you went too much off-topic? I'm pretty sure no one cares who created the damn Registry Cleaner, they need a fix and that's it. Why you are wasting your own and mostly other's time?
  • SupericeboySupericeboy
    @Icezero I am out of ideas sorry. The solution for my mabinogi to launch was the Microsoft visual cc++ I had versions from 2008 to 2017. I believe I had many different versions of the c++ because I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 rather than a clean install.