Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Community Livestream - Spirit Ascension Preview

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited April 16, 2020 in Vault
Join Katherz as she gives you a sneak peek into the Spirit Ascension update! Join us on our Twitch.tv channel on Wednesday, December 11th at 4:30 PM PST (7:30 PM EST).

Stream
Katherz will be going over the Spirit Ascension update, as well as events and sales! There will also be giveaways throughout the stream. As always, there are lots of other fantastic surprises and GM antics.

Don't miss out on the fun. See you Wednesday on Twitch!
Darkpixie99

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 9, 2019
    When Nexon is going to make a stream which would be possible to join for EU playerbase... I'm missing all the giveaways for years and watching a recorded version is already not that exciting...
    Iyasenu
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Greta wrote: »
    When Nexon is going to make a stream which would be possible to join for EU playerbase... I'm missing all the giveaways for years and watching a recorded version is already not that exciting...

Businesses aim to serve the largest portion of their customerbase, or should. It's not something I disagree with, and EU players are a small minority.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Businesses aim to serve the largest portion of their customerbase, or should. It's not something I disagree with, and EU players are a small minority.

True, but it's kinda mean... :c
    Iyasenu
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

True, but it's kinda mean... :c

Well I end up missing all the streams and in game giveaways when in the same time zone.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605

Walmart doesn't sell size 15 men's shoes, when is Walmart going to cater to my specific niche needs and the 1~2% like me instead of the vast majority of their customers? This is the sad reality of large monolithic corporations that have to appeal to the masses or to multiple countries even, your only option to catch the stream broadcast at a time that will get the most users viewing is to stay up late since it clashes with your timezone, and my only option to buy shoes that fit is go out of my way to a specialty store, life simply isn't "fair".

But hey if you don't like feeling "late to the party" watching the NA stream vods you can always read the threads posted about new content when it hits KR or watch korean player streams about it then you'll be a year give or take early to the party :)
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Lutetium wrote: »

Walmart doesn't sell size 15 men's shoes, when is Walmart going to cater to my specific niche needs and the 1~2% like me instead of the vast majority of their customers? This is the sad reality of large monolithic corporations that have to appeal to the masses or to multiple countries even, your only option to catch the stream broadcast at a time that will get the most users viewing is to stay up late since it clashes with your timezone, and my only option to buy shoes that fit is go out of my way to a specialty store, life simply isn't "fair".

But hey if you don't like feeling "late to the party" watching the NA stream vods you can always read the threads posted about new content when it hits KR or watch korean player streams about it then you'll be a year give or take early to the party :)

Size 15 shoes aren't for 1% of the customer base (at least not in Canada); size 14 and 15 for men represent more along the lines of 5%, which is 1/20 men. The same goes for the European playerbase; they represent something much larger than 1% of the playerbase. Maybe Australia is that 1%, but EU is likely above 20%. So instead of having streams that benefit both, I would suggest having two streams instead, like one at 16:30 PST (1:30 CET) and one at 10:30 PST (19:30 CET). Since this involves community interactions, there's potential for both streams to become pretty different and avoid repetition, while still offering coverage for both regions.
    Greta
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    Can't wait for this stream! Been excited for this update for a while now.

But yes what we have now with stream times is pretty good as is, and it's quite unlikely to change. Sure it's a bad time for EU because of time zones, but that's the unfortunate reality of such a difference.

Having two streams would also not work out well in multiple ways. Under those times, I could just watch the first one for all the info and what not, and I doubt having a second stream dedicated to the exact same content of the first would help. So to justify two streams dealing with the same content that'd mean you'd need to split the content into two in that case, leaving half of the content out on each which goes back to the original issue of EU people can't see X content at X time.
    It'd also be more stress on them with two, and could interfere with other things such as work/schedules and the such.

So in the end it isn't great for EU but what we have right now works for most people and even people within the US could be forced to watch a video after thanks to work, school or anything else really.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 11, 2019
    Katherz looked kinda lonely in that last broadcast that she did by herself. These things seem to go smoother with two presenters. They should get someone extra to go 'on air' with her, even if it's the janitor.

<forgoes describing janitor, as hairy old guy with unlit cigar, wearing a newsboy hat, suspenders, and sleeveless undershirt with the name 'Gus' embossed on it, for comical effect.>
    . . . . oops!
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Maybe she can go on with Ferghus. ^^
    Helsa wrote: »
    Katherz looked kinda lonely in that last broadcast that she did by herself. These things seem to go smoother with two presenters. They should get someone extra to go 'on air' with her, even if it's the janitor.

<forgoes describing janitor, as hairy old guy with unlit cigar, wearing a newsboy hat, suspenders, and sleeveless undershirt with the name 'Gus' embossed on it, for comical effect.>
    . . . . oops!

Well, Ferghus probably is still KOed with his last round of strawberry brandy.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Policroma wrote: »

Fer GUS!
    edited December 11, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    Policroma wrote: »

Fer GUS!