Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So, Lets talk Veteran dungeons...

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
edited December 13, 2019 in General Chat
Is this difficulty a joke or what? Am I right?
Rewards are NOT better. Am I right?
Still have trash tier items as rewards. Am I right?

I thought this dungeon would have 'Better' rewards but that is FAR from what I had in mind. Id at least expect 100% of the time for it to drop the new gems not the old ones... Still yet to drop the enchant but its only the 2nd day. Can't say its a compete waste of time, the Exp is decent, the gold drop is good, but the bosses so far is lacking in Exp reward for the amount of HP they have.

Although in my honest opinion, I HATE this lie of "Better" rewards.
  1. You think Veteran difficulty dungeons is at least good so far?47 votes
    1. Yes.
       15% (7 votes)
    2. No.
       85% (40 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You can still get normal potions and normal gems from the endchest.

Traaaaash.
    AlshianBlissfulkillOdinwolfecourtneyypawcalypseLialin
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Veteran dungeon: For veteran adventurers heading towards retirement.
    SherriRadiant DawnAlshianOdinwolfecourtneyypawcalypseDarkpixie99Lialin
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    the only thing that has changed is the enemies are way stronger now but all the rewards are garbage. also no mysterious pages from the event have dropped for me in a veteran dungeon. this update appears to be failed attempt to give veterans something challenging to do.
    AlshianOdinwolfepawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian
    Negumiko wrote: »
    the only thing that has changed is the enemies are way stronger now but all the rewards are garbage. also no mysterious pages from the event have dropped for me in a veteran dungeon. this update appears to be failed attempt to give veterans something challenging to do.

and rewarding at that.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It was extremely underwhelming.
    Literally all they did was buff their HP, def and attack and called it a day.
    I had more fun doing Rabbie Phantasm, I'm not joking.
    I'm extremely disappointed.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited December 14, 2019
    I don't mind the difficulty. It wasn't too bad.

But a single gem and a bag of money? Really?

Why do I get the feeling there *are* better rewards, but with a stupidly low drop rate so that people will never find out what they are? Especially since you only get one pass a day?

Really wish we could get a list of what these dungeons actually drop so we could see if the time-gamble was worth it. I will admit to skipping on the "orb room" chests/keys because the dungeon is already very time consuming.
    courtneyyeikodenpawcalypseroseangel
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I didn't even tried it yet lol... Mabinogi is so dead to me at this point. F.
    AlshianRadiant Dawnpawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 14, 2019
    The devs have no respect for my time when it comes to dungeons.

Gems are quickly becoming synonymous with "F*ck you".
    OdinwolfeFOXAssassin
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    It was difficult solo. Devs must think we have maplestory damage. It's probably balanced around top party play. (Healer, Tank, DPS, Mage parties)
    lingyaoeikoden
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited December 14, 2019
    I don't know who makes the decisions behind their «balance» team but things were thrown way off course ever since reforges. I was even considering making a thread on «What happened to the population-base ?» with various «poll» options. How-ever, I have seen that lately there have been a semi-steady influx-flow of new players, and returning players, so maybe they're bothering to advertise and take customer-retention/player-retention measures I had recommended in other threads. Even if I put things in the poll-options like «Habi ! It's your fault for driving off the player-base ! Stop womanizing every girl you see and breaking their hearts to quit playing !» ...I don't think anybody in their right mind would disagree with the sentiment that many people have that «content» available to run is now highly imbalanced.

Personally, I find the Alban-Knights Training Grounds to be amongst the most «enjoyable» content for me to run, but, most people seem to be primarily focused on Shadow-Missions (spamming Shadow-Wizard Elite in particular when it comes to S-Ms), sometimes the HM-dungeons (for Alby/Rundall), running Lord-Caverns Dailies, frequently going to those newer Field-Raid-Bosses, sometimes showing up for the Black-Dragon and less-often for White-Dragon, and only one member of my Contact-List seems to want to do the Martial Arts Tournament each day. I am sure a number of people amongst the Milletian-base would agree that content «balance» is an issue.

What can be done about content being imbalanced ? For one, although it may have been «$profitable$» back in the day, I think some of the Gacha-releases which put high-tier equipment into the market-pool was a mistake of «generating short-term revenue at the expense of long-term revenue», for it «upped the bar» too quickly for the content that Milletians were able to run. The result ? Due to the change of Mabinogi having gone from «strategic timing of skill-patterns» to what is now «button-mashing with as much DPS as you can possibly dish out» ...what we now see is a progression of having traditionally gone from metaphorical White-Belts to Black-Belts in a steady progression, followed by Dan/Duan-Ranks (Note : «Duan» is the Chinese-language equivalent of a «Dan» ...which I know is Japanese but I will have to double-check if «Dan» is also the same word/pronounciation in Korean), into Beast-Modes, followed by Demi-God Modes, but, after that, we can pretty much call the environment «God-Wars» or perhaps even «Super-Gods» where «challenging content» is now less of a «challenge» and more of a «grind-down-moar-HP-fest» or «AoE-OHKO-DPS-everything-in-order-not-to-get-knocked-out-fest» ...button-mashing might be fun for a while but it will get «boring» rather quickly.

Like I had mentioned before in a different thread, for the most-effective means of maintaining and even increasing the population-base against the normal attrition-rate, your content needs to be both «fun» and interesting, and it is better to release it in smaller, more frequent spurts, rather than once-a-year gigantic over-hauls. A «good story-line» is something people are going to be interested in following. I don't care if you make these story-lines revolve around NPCs and have various scenes/episodes updated weekly/bi-weekly/monthly, like a Mabinogi game-version of an interactive on-going manga/animé/etc, if the combat-system itself can/will not be updated/designed into an «interesting» manner (beyond what is now apparently more «button-mashing» mechanics). For the most part, most of the time, I no longer really need to do much «thinking» in combat these days (or even participating sometimes when there are already quite a few «established» Milletians who seem to insist on Rush-AoE-OHKO-ing the whole entire Elite-Mission/HM-Dungeon anyway... whilst I just follow behind and pick up all of the Gold that they left on the ground).

IF I were the Lead/Head of the «Balance-Team» for Mabinogi, well, I got plenty of ideas, but, now that I think about it, describing my thoughts on (re-)balancing content(s) would be better-reserved for another thread as it becomes a whole entire other topic/subject in of itself... (probably)...

Edit/Addendum : Admit it, you'd be interested, that is, to follow on-going story-lines of weekly (or monthly) Episodes of these Ninjas, and their «Exploits» of how they're living life in Erinn (Lorna & Pan also had their own «series» after all). Even as four-minute-episodes...
    AlshianNachan
  • AlshianAlshian
    Alright folks, so far nothing good at all, no new gems, no enchants, nothing great about this dungeon.

Just a big massive waste of your time for a daily quest dungeon. Rewards are straight up crap with a rather crappy drop rate. Exp and some gold is the only thing this dungeon have to give but not quite enough of it. The Boss gives pretty awful EXP yield for how much HP it had.

The worst part is that this is a one time run per day, more if you have some friends who yet to run it and have the pass.

With how this dungeon works, I don't think it should be a one time run, that is a stupid idea.
    CrimsọnBlissfulkillOdinwolfecourtneyypawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 14, 2019
    Yep forever stuck at calling 12. These dungeons are not hard, they're just tedious and take up too much time. Then when you get to your chest you get a normal gem and not any of the new ones. I feel ripped off with this update.
    Alshiancourtneyyeikodenpawcalypse
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Got Jet from Rundal. Fell asleep in Peaca and woke up with the timer at 9+ hours, so I just bailed. Got Regular Gem Powder from Alby.

Had to repair weapons a buttload of times.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Crims wrote: »
    Yep forever stuck at calling 12. These dungeons are not hard, they're just tedious and take up too much time. Then when you get to your chest you get a normal gem and not any of the new ones. I feel ripped off with this update.

Yea dungeon not even tough just the boss having too much HP for so little exp or not enough exp for how much HP it had.

Although I was with good geared players so we cleared it under 10 minutes. While I see some flex of someone clearing it in 4 minutes but still end up with crap. lol
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 14, 2019
    I feel disappointed on so many levels, but what's especially jarring is that these dungeons are seemingly no different than their counterparts, with only massive buffs to the dungeon monsters stats.

This isn't even new content. This is the same dungeons, with the same flaws but with a bigger time waste due to mobs having 10x the health.

Say what you will with Phantasm, but there was at least effort put into designing an actually new dungeon. The developers are either being incompetent or lazy here.

I was expecting to be disappointed, sure, but not this disappointed.
    Alshian[Deleted User]OdinwolfeSherricourtneyypawcalypseroseangel
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I feel disappointed on so many levels, but what's especially jarring is that these dungeons are seemingly no different than their counterparts, with only massive buffs to the dungeon monsters stats.

This isn't even new content. This is the same dungeons, with the same flaws but with a bigger time waste due to mobs having 10x the health.

Say what you will with Phantasm, but there was at least effort put into designing an actually new dungeon. The developers are either being incompetent or lazy here.

I was expecting to be disappointed, sure, but not this disappointed.

Agreed. Developers were lazy with this update.
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,315
    The rewards so far have been disappointing to me even though I ran into Bloodstone. It's too early to tell since we haven't covered all of the daily veteran dungeon runs.
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    Mizuko wrote: »
    The rewards so far have been disappointing to me even though I ran into Bloodstone. It's too early to tell since we haven't covered all of the daily veteran dungeon runs.

I ran it once and wasn't impressed with the reward lol I was like yeeeeah no, not doing this again. :/ rather run baltane missions and have my dolls pick up tons of gems.
    courtneyy
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    I was expecting Int and Adv Veteran passes.

The best thing we got out of like 7 runs was a potent fine powder.

I don't expect to get the r7 stones every other run, but to not get anything, this is just a waste of time.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    The fun thing about vet dungeon is.... umm sorry I forgot.

If the reward chests guaranteed a new type gem 8cm or above, I'd be fine with it
    courtneyyeikoden