Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please merge Alexina and Nao MkII

Comments

• PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited December 14, 2019
    I've also been here since Alexina opened. I'm not going to pretend there weren't days channels other than 1 had more people. But I also know back then that people went out of their way to avoid channel 1 and/or Dunbarton because so many people were running shops/kiosks that older computers and/or bad internet connections struggled.

What changed? The auction house. And this was long before the merge.

You no longer have to keep yourself online or on channel one to sell your wares. You only have to use the auction house. For a while (and this was before the merge) player shops nearly vanished. They've been making a rebound only recently as people have been realizing the power of the impulse buy. It also helps that the VIP change is making it easier to sell more expensive items in a personal shop again. This *may* be why Nexon avoided giving us the auction house for so long: Because it would give some folks the impression the game was dead when it wasn't. Really though, the online server populations were artificially inflated by alts by not having it.

The non-shopping channels were never full of shops. You'd have one or two MAYBE by some enterprising person who was hoping to avoid channel 1, or the competition, or both. The busy life has always been channel 1 and sometimes channel 2. You'd only see more elsewhere if channel 1 crashed. (Which still happens time to time.)

Now, I'll say it again. I've seen dead games and dead servers. Alexina is not dead. Depopulated compared to before? Yes. Mainly due to people from other servers who felt they had to move to Alexina to see any action. They all moved back, and that's better for them to be able to play the characters they are invested in. Dead? Not even close.

https://i.imgur.com/MoAzqjT.jpg

Not dead.

https://i.imgur.com/tMYgZyd.jpg

Not dead. (Also, Dunby has an artificially limited draw distance. Walk any direction and there's more people.)

https://i.imgur.com/Ytsn0sd.jpg

Not dead.

And quite frankly, I don't care if you follow up with pictures of more people on the other server. The question isn't which has more people. That isn't up for debate in any sense of the word. The question is whether or not Alexina is dead...which it is not. FUD doesn't help anyone.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Habimaru wrote: »
    More advertising probably wouldn't hurt anything. (H)Elsa, although you may not necessarily be experienced with advertising and promotion, I do know that you have a YouTube-channel. Why not spice it up a bit with audio-commentary ? If you do not wish to use your own voice you could always have a Text-to-Speech Editor do the «announcer-style» commentating for you (such as Balabolka with the Zira Desk-Top English-language voice which sounds the least robotic of them all that I've tested thus far). Additionally, with a good Video-Editor (I now use Movavi), have you ever considered making a «Trailer» for Mabinogi ? (Can show-case the Jousting theme) Mabinogi hasn't had too many if any new trailers made lately (that I am aware of) so it could draw some attention.

Thanks for the suggestions; food for thought. My channel is not monetized as money is not a goal of mine. But a one-off sounds like an interesting idea, I must say. thanks again for the suggestion.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Policroma wrote: »

Eeeeeee hee hee hee! I'm in that image!!!

Who will be first to find me and draw a circle around me?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited December 14, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    Cho wrote: »
    You guys meme'd the first unwanted merge into existence . . .

Unwanted? That's just your opinion man. The desire for outweighed the desire against. The result now is that most Naowegians are happy it happened. That ship has sailed. The idea that we memed our way in to forcing Nexon to act against it's will flatters us. Nexon merged the servers because they were dying and needed it.

Based on 100 people at a "campfire" that probably hadn't invested much in the game to begin with.

A small minority wanted a merge.

It won't happen again.

You made fun of the Three Heroes servers for being low pop, now it's your turn to suffer.
    The result now is that most Naowegians are happy it happened.
    That's your incorrect opinion.
    So, much for the notion it was unwanted then. Not caring is neither wanting or unwanting. But here were just gonna disagree, most wanted it, and most importantly Nexon wanted it.
    Wrong again.
  • HelsaHelsa

Unwanted? That's just your opinion man. The desire for outweighed the desire against. The result now is that most Naowegians are happy it happened. That ship has sailed. The idea that we memed our way in to forcing Nexon to act against it's will flatters us. Nexon merged the servers because they were dying and needed it.

Based on 100 people at a "campfire" that probably hadn't invested much in the game to begin with.

A small minority wanted a merge.

It won't happen again.

You made fun of the Three Heroes servers for being low pop, now it's your turn to suffer.

I guess were just gonna disagree on the first two points. The last one is just plain wrong for two reasons: first, I never "made fun" of the other servers being small. That their populations were smaller was something everyone knew about and everyone talked about. If people new to the game asked about what server to join I pointed out which were the largest and which were the smallest and what advantages and disadvantage that each brought, just like I do with Alexina and Nao. The second reason is that you assume I "suffer" being on Alexina for its population being smaller. No, I do suffer that I have friends on both servers but we all can't be together.
    The result now is that most Naowegians are happy it happened.
    That's your incorrect opinion.

Saying that it is incorrect is your opinion.
    So, much for the notion it was unwanted then. Not caring is neither wanting or unwanting. But here were just gonna disagree, most wanted it, and most importantly Nexon wanted it.
    Wrong again.

Wrong again.

GretaNegumiko
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    We have a small community yet we are in a such bad terms and it's sad... People like Cho/Platina are the reason why this community will never be united...
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 14, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    We have a small community yet we are in a such bad terms and it's sad... People like Cho/Platina are the reason why this community will never be united...

I've had several arguments with Cho, and they are frustratingly persistent, but they stick to the topic, remain polite, and I would not consider them to be a troll.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    What I mean is that you could advertise Mabinogi itself which may draw in and promote a larger player-base over-all if new people are constantly joining.
    Habimaru wrote: »
    More advertising probably wouldn't hurt anything. (H)Elsa, although you may not necessarily be experienced with advertising and promotion, I do know that you have a YouTube-channel. Why not spice it up a bit with audio-commentary ? If you do not wish to use your own voice you could always have a Text-to-Speech Editor do the «announcer-style» commentating for you (such as Balabolka with the Zira Desk-Top English-language voice which sounds the least robotic of them all that I've tested thus far). Additionally, with a good Video-Editor (I now use Movavi), have you ever considered making a «Trailer» for Mabinogi ? (Can show-case the Jousting theme) Mabinogi hasn't had too many if any new trailers made lately (that I am aware of) so it could draw some attention.

Thanks for the suggestions; food for thought. My channel is not monetized as money is not a goal of mine. But a one-off sounds like an interesting idea, I must say. thanks again for the suggestion.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Greta wrote: »

If people like myself exist, and you really want to play on the same server as your friends so badly, why not push for server change coupons rather than pushing for a merge and affecting hundreds of players out of nowhere.

I'm pretty sure people who had issues with the merge threads mentioned, many many many times, that names/name snipings were an issue that needs solution before the the servers combined. A majority of my pet names are gone forever because people who had a name like mabiplayer1234 on every server decided to snag names they'd never be able to normally get like "Chris" That happened instead of the merged names being held exclusively for the people affected. There could've been a waiting period where, after 3~4 months, unreverted names were freed up but it was just chaos sniping instead. Imagine losing your name because you had alts on different servers and someone sniped you.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Server change coupons will only quicken the merge because most Alexina players will migrate to Nao, so sure.