Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So, Lets talk Veteran dungeons...

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    So from what understand is that old gems got nerfed and gives crap amount of exp to Egos now so you are now forced to farm these god awful rare gems in a dungeon which wastes lots of time and resources for no good return, but wait! Your Ego will also like specific gems for best growth so jokes on you...
    LastSaturdaySherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Guess quality content from the eyes of Nexon means, butchering the old and on with the new waste of your time.
    Odinwolfe
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Remember back in g1 when you'd go into ciar with a full party and the mobs didn't all die in one hit? Maybe not, I don't either, but that's what this patch is, Mabinogi's version of KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nostalgiabait.

Also it isn't really that bad sponge wise if you're a human with an ele 6 Solitude Divine Blade or a giant with an ele 6 Celtic Royal Warrior Axe or if you're one of those and your gf is the other.
    Sherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    nostalgia is great and all but at least make the damned rewards worth the run lol

Because one pass per day is stupid.
    OdinwolfeSherripawcalypse
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 16, 2019
    Lutetium wrote: »

Also it isn't really that bad sponge wise if you're a human with an ele 6 Solitude Divine Blade or a giant with an ele 6 Celtic Royal Warrior Axe or if you're one of those and your gf is the other.

@Lutetium

That’s a ridiculous requirement if I ever saw one in order to complete this dungeon in good time.

A GF? On Mabinogi? Really? Who do we look like, Chris Hemsworth?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Remember back in g1 when you'd go into ciar with a full party and the mobs didn't all die in one hit? Maybe not, I don't either, but that's what this patch is, Mabinogi's version of KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nostalgiabait.

Back then parties planned out a day for maybe a few dungeon runs, packed themselves with consumables and got their gear fixed and ready for a good adventure.

Nowadays, people run only the farm for mats or items instinctively as if themselves were AI programmed to do so, if they're not already using AI to play for them.
    courtneyyRadiant Dawn
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Yes you do. So there's absolutely no reason why you cannot pull off the seemingly impossible. I apparently have more faith in you than you do.
    Who do I look like, Chris Hemsworth?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    So I was watching how it all started on one of the first/original trailers. The balance of the combat-system really changed upon «insta-load» skills that now have long-ass cool-downs instead of «load-timer» skills. Many people did complain that it would turn the game into a clone of pretty much any other MMORPG. The Load-Timer Combat-System was certainly something unique and I would also contend was something that was easier to make «Balance» adjustments around. Additionally, strategic play, rather than button-mashing, was rewarded. Even someone at Rank F could defeat a very strong opponent with the right timing and enough patience... even if it was going to take 100x longer than someone at Rank 1 fighting the same opponent. Ever since insta-load combat-skills system was implemented everything prior to fighter-talent besides warrior-skills has largely become obsolete and apparently «extremely slow» to the point where someone else or everyone else has pretty much already finished clearing the room by the time you even load a cylinder or charge a bolt-spells. Veteran-Dungeons would make more sense «for the Nostalgia» if it used the old «load-timers» skill-system (even for the newer talents... considering how the original combat-system really was centred around a skill's load-timer rather than insta-use).

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Back then parties planned out a day for maybe a few dungeon runs, packed themselves with consumables and got their gear fixed and ready for a good adventure.

Nowadays, people run only the farm for mats or items instinctively as if themselves were AI programmed to do so, if they're not already using AI to play for them.

Maybe we are all AI.

*Habimaru Intensifies*
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • DangerousDitchDangerousDitch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    edited December 17, 2019
    I'm surprised to see all the outrage over the drops in the runs, because while they aren't much better than say hardmodes, they certainly aren't worse. They just spare you the worthless items on the side. It's (very regrettably) still hard to get good secondary rewards, but they are in there. I've had friends get some high tier new enchants already. Basically its not trash content but its not a huge upgrade either.

*Nevertheless its a good thing people have been making a stink about the bs drops in this game. Keep on keeping on.
  • AlshianAlshian
    I'm surprised to see all the outrage over the drops in the runs, because while they aren't much better than say hardmodes, they certainly aren't worse. They just spare you the worthless items on the side. It's (very regrettably) still hard to get good secondary rewards, but they are in there. I've had friends get some high tier new enchants already. Basically its not trash content but its not a huge upgrade either.

*Nevertheless its a good thing people have been making a stink about the bs drops in this game. Keep on keeping on.

I mean your not wrong but for the fact this was suppose to be "new" they had every chance to make it worthwhile to do besides being slapped in the face with more horrible rates of drops for a pass that is a one time thing or more with friends per day.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited December 17, 2019
    I was disappointed by the "veteran" difficulty. They bring nothing new to the table other than that timer that might have an effect on the rewards you get (Or so I've heard. I'm unsure of this claim's validity, somebody please confirm).

The only good thing that comes out of these dungeons is the adventure seal you get for doing it, and even then, if you're not a powerhouse with a decent party, you could spend far less time doing the other daily dungeon quest for a seal in its place.

The new enchants are shiny and nice, but big whoop. The only people who are going to get them are the elites who will slap them on their gear and then sell any extras for outrageous prices like always.

Snoresville. NEXT!
  • DangerousDitchDangerousDitch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    I was disappointed by the "veteran" difficulty. They bring nothing new to the table other than that timer that might have an effect on the rewards you get (Or so I've heard. I'm unsure of this claim's validity, somebody please confirm).

The only good thing that comes out of these dungeons is the adventure seal you get for doing it, and even then, if you're not a powerhouse with a decent party, you could spend far less time doing the other daily dungeon quest for a seal in its place.

The new enchants are shiny and nice, but big whoop. The only people who are going to get them are the elites who will slap them on their gear and then sell any extras for outrageous prices like always.

Snoresville. NEXT!

I'm able to consistently complete the runs in 10 minutes or less and it hasn't seemed to significantly matter as far as I could tell. With most of my mid tier to casual friends mentioning speeds of 20 minutes or longer, I'd wonder how extreme a clear speed would have to be, and who the devs would be thinking this content is for, for speed to be what determines drops. It seems very unlikely.

Also, I dunno. The barrier to entry is low enough that I could see many a non-elite player getting an enchant and getting to sell it and put money towards a major goal. Much like other content. But I suppose the issue remains: it's the same as anything added in the past, rather than an improvement.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Welp, I forgot to mention I finally got something good out of one of the dungeons, Math Vet fighting 3 doggos with HP that made the Vampire himself cry.

the step7 red upgrade, and Heliodor gem.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Alshian wrote: »
    Welp, I forgot to mention I finally got something good out of one of the dungeons, Math Vet fighting 3 doggos with HP that made the Vampire himself cry.

the step7 red upgrade, and Heliodor gem.

the Vampire deserves a buff, poor guy is left in the dust after Succubus Queen stole the spotlight. :(
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    hehe "dust" cus, heh, they turn to dust when they die. :B
    Sherri
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Snoresville. NEXT!

I'm able to consistently complete the runs in 10 minutes or less and it hasn't seemed to significantly matter as far as I could tell. With most of my mid tier to casual friends mentioning speeds of 20 minutes or longer, I'd wonder how extreme a clear speed would have to be, and who the devs would be thinking this content is for, for speed to be what determines drops. It seems very unlikely.

Also, I dunno. The barrier to entry is low enough that I could see many a non-elite player getting an enchant and getting to sell it and put money towards a major goal. Much like other content. But I suppose the issue remains: it's the same as anything added in the past, rather than an improvement.

10 mins?

Solo?

Lets see your stats.
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited December 17, 2019

Snoresville. NEXT!

10 mins?

Solo?

Lets see your stats.

i think its with a party, plus there are some special time sinks or big wallets as well as big brains who could solo vet dungeons around 15 mins solo.
  • hammerhandhammerhand
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    The Gems I can't get them in dungeon and can't afford them on auction
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Habimaru wrote: »
    I don't know who makes the decisions behind their «balance» team but things were thrown way off course ever since reforges.

Thank you... Someone finally has said it. The balance in this game is completely crap and has become a HUGE pay to win game thanks to reforges. You can't do damage in the later generations that the game expects of you without some crazy reforge stats. I'm 13K total level and people at 3K are doing more damage than me just because they have money to waste on reforges. The balance of this game has gone out the window and REALLY needs to be fixed.
    Sherri