Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The merge that created Nao

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Nao Chat
Well, it has been around two months now that the Nao server has been up and running. What do you think so far? Hypothetically speaking, if Nexon could put it back to the original three servers: Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach, would you want that to happen?
  1. If Nexon could split Nao back into the three original servers, would you want that?60 votes
    1. No way! Nao server is awesome! I couldn't possibly go back!
       83% (50 votes)
    2. Yes, I was way happier before the merge. The Nao server is intollerable to me.
       17% (10 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Indifferent.
    pawcalypseWolfsinger
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    I prefer the issues we have on Nao over no merge at all. Tarlach was a ghost town.
    TynanShadows
  • HelsaHelsa
    Indifferent.

One or the other . . . or neither, I guess.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Though I do miss how quiet Tarlach was, I think the merge was a good thing for the community overall. It brought a lot of players who had wandered away back, and the larger population means it's much easier to find people to help you gain certain "you must party up with someone to learn this one" skills...Looking at you, Fusion Bolt and Mana Shield! (Really, locking skills behind an extroversion wall. What's next? A skill that requires you to wear a full set of clothes colored with blinky dyes to get it?!)

Plus, since the merge, I've been seeing new guilds forming (or old guilds re-forming) non-stop. It's bringing people together, which is a good thing in this kind of game.
    ShakayaDuskwindHabimaruChizuki
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    Indifferent.

One or the other . . . or neither, I guess.

A bit more activity but otherwise not too much different from before the merge.
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Indifference.
    EvG is back alive which is nice.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    I can't account for the other two servers, but Tarlach was pretty dead. Thanks to the merge I've met a lot of cool new people. There is a lot more activity across the board too.
    Shakaya
  • DreamdrinkerDreamdrinker
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    Indifferent.
    pawcalypse
  • KaarosKaaros
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    Additionally indifferent, and was also absent during the actual merge.
  • sinthya5345sinthya5345
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Honestly I'm happy it happened. I'm originally Alexina. I've been with Alexina since it was created. A little upset Alexina was left out... But I understand..
    Nao has a better economy. I believe bots messed up the Alexina one.
    So far Nao seems to have a nice quiet community. I haven't played much to see how active it can be though with SMs and other things, as I just created my character today and they started maint... Yay.. lol.

All in all, happy. Nao has more players apparently.. and that's what I've been waiting for in Mabi again.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I miss Mari, but theres lots that happened because of the merge. I met many friends from both Tarlach and Ruairi.
    So I guess I'm more in favor of it happening (surprisingly).
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I'll be honest, I am also indifferent. To be honest, the traffic in terms of how many people are on are about the same as when I played years ago, so it's not really that much different to me. The only difference to me is that there's only two servers now, and it makes me worry how much the player base as dropped over the years because I'm scared this game is gonna die off and get shut down because no one is playing.

And yeah... Those skills that require a party are annoying. It's one thing for the story, but for getting necessary skills, it gets annoying especially when people won't help you. I have that problem with crusador skill leveling. I have one person who is willing to help me and I need at least two people. Not saying that to get help, just that I hate how certain skills require others to train and usually people in this game aren't interested in helping others.
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    I like it, tbh. It's a pale comparison from 2009, but it's a definite improvement from early this year. I met quite a few cool people from Ruairi and Tarlach and you can actually see activity from all the channels depending on the hours.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Numerous players were always helpful ever since the very beginning of my existence in Mabinogi. Sure, some people every now and then might be «Elitist» or «Drama» Magnets, and, certainly, I don't necessarily run into as many people assisting others or each other as before, but, at the same time, Mabinogi started becoming Solonogi a few years ago such to the point where the tools/resources are largely available for nearly anybody to be able to do things and even now «solo» a lot of content themselves. Used to be much more difficult to «solo» but, even when I invite certain people to join me for some Dungeon-Run/Shadow-Mission/etc., they are frequently responding to me that they are already busy helping somebody (usually one of their friends) with something.

I think probably the main reason you are running people who seem to be dis-interested might either be the hours of the day that you're active or you just haven't «Explored» around enough in order to interact with enough people to get enough «intel» as to who has a preference/disposition for doing one particular thing or another or some combination thereof. I literally have people on my contact-list now who :

➡ Is primarily only «interested» in running Dungeon-content (don't even bother trying to get them to do Raids, Alban-Training, etc., lol)
    ➡ Does Alban-Training on a Daily Basis
    ➡ Logs on just to go (semi-)AFK
    Some who will join me for just about any kind of content-run no matter what I invite them to join me in attempting
    ➡ One who literally never uses the the Friend-List Messenger for anything but will «talk» if both your characters are on the same screen
    ➡ One who often invites me to do Martial Arts Tournament
    Some who often invite me to participate with them in some «Elite» Shadow-Missions
    ➡ One who enjoys discussing rather «philosophical» topics/subjects
    ➡ Various other combinations of «quirky» personality types
    ➡ Looooooooooots of people who are either no longer active or changed servers or switched characters or some combination thereof
    ➡ A handful of people who probably don't know that they're still on my contact-list since I was «cleaned» from their list for being «inactive» too long...

Most of them log on every single day and each arrow above references someone different (absolutely none of them neatly fit more than one category). Mind, you, I did not meet/encounter all of these people all in one day. For that matter, some of them I would have never encountered, had I not decided to randomly at some point decided to run certain content on some other channel rather than the usual one. I am not going to get into «lecture-mode» over basic communication-skills as I assume that you already know at least that much, but every business that employs a «call-centre» always some «social-technique» that could be referred to as «building rapport» (various forms of this depending on whether it is an incoming or outgoing call which I'll just leave you to look up yourself how/why it's done if you're not familiar with the process already) when talking with customers/clients (over the telephone), especially the ones that do «cold-calling» in over to over-come the «who the hell is this 'stranger' and what the bleep does he want and why does he want it!?» reaction that people might give either due to being busy with life or for other various reasons. I know you've figured things out for yourself eventually, and I am only pointing these things out in order to help you move in the right «social» direction that would ultimately be more «fulfilling» towards your (fantasy) life-experiences, for the results of our own decision-making and problem-solving efforts ultimately determine whether we are living our own lives in a satisfactory manner or not (barring exceptions to things like being an only child living in a house where one is [financially] dependent upon abusive people who have psychologically traumatized said only child with daily acts of extreme physical-violence and other such «abhorrent» behaviour like I used to experience in much of my past despite not having done anything wrong/immoral/unethical/war-mongering/etc).

Also, for certain skills that need other people to train, they are but a handful. Fusion-Bolt was something I remember being from LONG ago. I did help a few people out, but, a lot of people don't seem to realise that the Quest only works when at Tir Chonaill (the initial Fusion for the quest won't trigger outside of Tir Chonaill from what I remember testing). Mana-Shield is not so big of a deal given the number of G.I.R.L. (Guy In Real Life) characters roaming around and was also another «long time ago» skill... Party Healing, well, I stumbled upon someone training it at that Fire-Sword in Avon recently, and now I finally have both Party Healing and regular Healing at r1 (including Master-Titles for both), despite having gone for years without them even being at r2 yet. They're really just «minor inconveniences» if anything but should not be an issue if you'd just «pull a Trump» and get good at «making deals» with other people. I mean, some people literally never want to get anything for «free» in life, but would rather work for and earn it themselves, such to the point where somebody might be «buying» some item that they happen to have, but, instead of selling said item to them for gold, they instead make the exchange or offer a discount if said buyer is willing to help them complete their Mana-Shield and/or Fusion-Bolt Quest or something equivalent, just as an example, long as the value-of-exchange is «fair» to all parties of course.

Also, the Mabi-population actually seems to be increasing lately, even if not necessarily by leaps and bounds that can be easily noticed by everyone.
    Squee wrote: »
    Not saying that to get help, just that I hate how certain skills require others to train and usually people in this game aren't interested in helping others.
  • Juliet1972Juliet1972
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    edited August 5, 2022
    Wow even my Cousin, Debbie (Myelvensis) was wrong because everyone is on Nao since 2022.
  • roseangelroseangel
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    Merging did more good than harm. I know people have their issues with it (and that's totally fine) but everyone I've seen from Tarlach is pretty happy about it. I thought the game was more dead than it actually was before the merge lol
  • HelsaHelsa
    Juliet1972 wrote: »
    This is Debbie (Myelvensis) and I will say this...bring back Mari and 10 Channels for Alexina.

3 Servers would be better!!!

Actually, there ARE three servers right now. Nao, Alexina, and the Nexon NA internal test server. Obviously the third one is a hidden partition.
  • Juliet1972Juliet1972
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    OK, Helsa but this is what was said to me regarding the Mailbox situation for Suzannahaurora and others.

GM Midochie
    35 minutes ago
    Hello Milletian,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Nexon Player Support.

Our game team is already aware of this issue and is currently discussing solutions for affected players. For now, we can only ask for your patience while they investigate the issue.

As these investigations can take time, we cannot provide an update through our support channel. May I suggest that you keep an eye on the Mabinogi website for any updates or information for this issue: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All

I hope it can be fixed after over a year of misery.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I just looked through the thread and I didn't see anything specific, are you having a +Mari name issue?
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    edited July 11, 2020
    My mailbox has also been broken since the merge and still is, but it's honestly not that big of an issue. If I need to trade with someone I'll just ask them to come to my homestead and set up a trade that way. It'd be nice if they got around to fixing the mailbox, it's been a year now, but I still prefer having this over the ghost town that Tarlach was. It's nice to actually find new people to play with again.

Also I have a thread for the mailbox glitch over in the Bugs and Glitches forum category, so if you want to add more info. you have to it then it might help~