Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Game won't launch after Spirit Ascension update

TheRifelManTheRifelMan
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Technical Support
As a long-time player who plays off and on I haven't really had too many issues with the game that haven't been easily resolved. After seeing all the PR for the new content I decided to come back to the game from one of my breaks.
So, I played for a little on the 11th and 12th to reap the benefits of the pre-spirit ascension event. The game launched and ran just fine. However, as soon as the update went through the game would no longer launch.

I click the "Play" button through Nexon launcher, Give the game administrator permissions, and wait. no Hshield, No Nexon guard, nothing. when I look back at the Nexon launcher, it no longer says I'm in the game and it gives me the option to launch the game again.

Because my support ticket hasn't been addressed yet, I'm going to have to resort to a personal fix.

Have any of you encountered this problem and/or found a solution to it?

Comments

• XuttXutt
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Having the same exact problem as you are, support is not helping at all.
    Several members from technical support are giving the same generic answers and repeating them even if I already said I tried them in previous replies.
    DeeJ98
  • xxZacharyxxxxZacharyxx
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    I am also having this issue i tried through steam and nx launcher
    DeeJ98
  • DeeJ98DeeJ98
    The above was posted by my old account.

But I've been working with tech around the clock for the past two days #SickWithTheFlu and they've been giving me some actually pretty technical workarounds, but none of them have worked. The last thing they said to do was to use msconfig to perform a selective startup. It seemed promising, but nothing changed. Its very frustrating, because I have literally lost 48 hours of potential playtime from saturday when i got the flu, to today when im almost better. I hope i can get on tomorow before i have to go back to work on Thursday.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    This happened to me just before Thanksgiving. What I found that worked was white-listing the Nexon Game Security (separate from the Mabinogi and Nexon Launcher clients) on my anti-virus software. Do you have it white-listed?
  • TokkoTokko
    I was having trouble with this as well. I added mabinogi client and the nexon launcher to the advanced threat defense exception in bitdefender and it started to work for me. I think it's along the same line as what Fluorette said.