Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So, Lets talk Veteran dungeons...

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Squee wrote: »
    Habimaru wrote: »
    I don't know who makes the decisions behind their «balance» team but things were thrown way off course ever since reforges.

Thank you... Someone finally has said it. The balance in this game is completely crap and has become a HUGE pay to win game thanks to reforges. You can't do damage in the later generations that the game expects of you without some crazy reforge stats. I'm 13K total level and people at 3K are doing more damage than me just because they have money to waste on reforges. The balance of this game has gone out the window and REALLY needs to be fixed.

Yes and no, you can do things without reforges, may not be as easy as they had it but its not impossible without reforges. I do agree this pay to win nonsense is unneeded.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Alshian wrote: »
    Yes and no, you can do things without reforges, may not be as easy as they had it but its not impossible without reforges. I do agree this pay to win nonsense is unneeded.
    Content is balanced for the Korean server, on the Korean server reforges are available ingame via the Mysterious Reforge in the ducat shop, these were removed on NA arbitrarily and have created an effective endgame paywall exclusive to this region. No one seems to actually care about that though, it's more important to have 6 trillion merge threads than threads asking NA to implement the long denied Mysterious Reforge and restore the game's balance on the NA servers.

To be honest though I've been using my unreforged staff ego off a measley 550~ matk and it does fine in Veteran Ciar and Rabbie at least, I haven't had the chance to try Peaca yet but I don't imagine it's that much worse.
    SherriAlshianRadiant DawnAleiraSwordfire
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited December 17, 2019
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Content is balanced for the Korean server, on the Korean server reforges are available ingame via the Mysterious Reforge in the ducat shop, these were removed on NA arbitrarily and have created an effective endgame paywall exclusive to this region. No one seems to actually care about that though, it's more important to have 6 trillion merge threads than threads asking NA to implement the long denied Mysterious Reforge and restore the game's balance on the NA servers.

To be honest though I've been using my unreforged staff ego off a measley 550~ matk and it does fine in Veteran Ciar and Rabbie at least, I haven't had the chance to try Peaca yet but I don't imagine it's that much worse.

Peaca vet is not that bad at all, glad you don't need ghost swords for demi lich

Also I did not know about that at Korea...we should bring it up :)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited December 17, 2019

Oh wow.. Thank you for telling us about it! 1000% agreed, this should be the thing that everyone should complain about, or at least be vocal about it..
    It's not just not fair, it's messed up.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Cho wrote: »
    It was difficult solo. Devs must think we have maplestory damage. It's probably balanced around top party play. (Healer, Tank, DPS, Mage parties)

hey aren't you the hailstorm is good if you have 20 people protecting you guy? Top party play is nothing like that btw. But yeah, these dungeons blow. Easier than hard modes, for 30k and a 5cm gem with a .001% chance of an enchant.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Players: We want ________!
    Nexon: *actually gives what players asked*
    Players: REEEE! This update is bad!
    Nexon: BRUH.
    KensamaofmariRadiant DawnLeinei
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

Nuf said
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 18, 2019
    I was disappointed by the "veteran" difficulty. They bring nothing new to the table other than that timer that might have an effect on the rewards you get (Or so I've heard. I'm unsure of this claim's validity, somebody please confirm).

The only good thing that comes out of these dungeons is the adventure seal you get for doing it, and even then, if you're not a powerhouse with a decent party, you could spend far less time doing the other daily dungeon quest for a seal in its place.

The new enchants are shiny and nice, but big whoop. The only people who are going to get them are the elites who will slap them on their gear and then sell any extras for outrageous prices like always.

Snoresville. NEXT!

I'm able to consistently complete the runs in 10 minutes or less and it hasn't seemed to significantly matter as far as I could tell. With most of my mid tier to casual friends mentioning speeds of 20 minutes or longer, I'd wonder how extreme a clear speed would have to be, and who the devs would be thinking this content is for, for speed to be what determines drops. It seems very unlikely.

Also, I dunno. The barrier to entry is low enough that I could see many a non-elite player getting an enchant and getting to sell it and put money towards a major goal. Much like other content. But I suppose the issue remains: it's the same as anything added in the past, rather than an improvement.

10 mins?

Solo?

Lets see your stats.

I mean, if all they did IS buff the stats of the mobs, then I imagine the elemental weaknesses still apply and make the dungeon weaksauce.
  • SaiiriSaiiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    As a fresh lvl 5000ish, Skill-/Statwise more like 3000
    I would have to say that the difficulty is... at least hard to explain. (I've only entered Fiodh Vet so far)
    Yes the mobs have loads of HP and hit kinda strong.
    Is this hard tho? No, for me at least its just annoying needing around 10 Firebolts and ofc the mana for it.
    My Meteor can not 1 Shot a room full of buffed up rats ;<
    SherriRadiant Dawn
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Remember back in g1 when you'd go into ciar with a full party and the mobs didn't all die in one hit? Maybe not, I don't either, but that's what this patch is, Mabinogi's version of KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nostalgiabait

The big difference between what the Vet dungeons offer, and what Chapter 1 dungeons had was that the monsters typically didn't one shot you or do full room multi aggro. You could actually do those dungeons back then with lower tier gear because you could play the AI's own game better than it. Nowadays I play my own game where I force a random horse to tank multiple attacks per second while I DPS one monster for 10 seconds. It's not an interesting or fun thing anymore.

People wanted hard content worth doing. This is definitely hard(er) content, but the end rewards from it are certainly lacking appeal to many.
    BlissfulkillSherri
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19

Maybe if this is what people asked for sure, but it's not like you even play the game to understand that.
    Kaga
  • SebasteannSebasteann
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    So from what understand is that old gems got nerfed and gives crap amount of exp to Egos now so you are now forced to farm these god awful rare gems in a dungeon which wastes lots of time and resources for no good return, but wait! Your Ego will also like specific gems for best growth so jokes on you...

Funny thing is diamonds are still better than the new gems, even the spirit's preferred one.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Sebasteann wrote: »
    So from what understand is that old gems got nerfed and gives crap amount of exp to Egos now so you are now forced to farm these god awful rare gems in a dungeon which wastes lots of time and resources for no good return, but wait! Your Ego will also like specific gems for best growth so jokes on you...

Funny thing is diamonds are still better than the new gems, even the spirit's preferred one.

Could of sworn I compared the exp of all new gems along with the preferred vs the diamond in similar cm that all new gems are no different than diamonds while preferred had like around 30% extra.

Maybe I am wrong o 3o...

Someone do that math D:<
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Sebasteann wrote: »

Could of sworn I compared the exp of all new gems along with the preferred vs the diamond in similar cm that all new gems are no different than diamonds while preferred had like around 30% extra.

Maybe I am wrong o 3o...

Someone do that math D:<

there's no math to do, they're just wrong.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    edited December 19, 2019
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    It was difficult solo. Devs must think we have maplestory damage. It's probably balanced around top party play. (Healer, Tank, DPS, Mage parties)

hey aren't you the hailstorm is good if you have 20 people protecting you guy? Top party play is nothing like that btw. But yeah, these dungeons blow. Easier than hard modes, for 30k and a 5cm gem with a .001% chance of an enchant.

Ironically enough I was protecting 2 Hailstormers who were doing a lot of the heavy lifting in a 4 man party. Took us 38 mins for Rabbie Vet. Hailstorm has only gotten better since the new Spirit Weapon update. What do you think a balanced party is Mr.throwaway account?
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

Ironically enough I was protecting 2 Hailstormers who were doing a lot of the heavy lifting in a 4 man party. Took us 38 mins for Rabbie Vet. Hailstorm has only gotten better since the new Spirit Weapon update. What do you think a balanced party is Mr.throwaway account?

4 people who are all running max damage sets, with one person having a bard switch for buffs. Play the game however you want; games are for fun. As it is magic is still bad and 38 mins for a vet clear is painfully slow, again I'm not flaming you that's just how it is.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Magic is still bad? sure if your not geared for it.

But once you are geared for it...its madness.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

As a magic main, you took the words right out of my mouth.
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Sherri wrote: »

Because I for one of the players who play the game know the power of magic once your build and geared for it while those arrogant foolish players who likely did not main magic or see a player commit to it for them to see that its far from being bad.

Someone from KR already gave out a build for magic and his/her gear was juiced up with enchants that give Matk while using a red upgraded celtic druid stave. Erg 50 for that yummy casting speed, ego with int magic chain casting that made fireball spamming a thing and outclassed firebolt, as well as with many other int magic, while the adv magic hailstorm with all that gear and with the erg 50 along with your stave ego made hailstorm a stationary machine gun of mass destruction. You can even use a rosemary gloves you can craft from avon making hailstorm all the more destructive being the best semi aoe single target damaging magic of all magic. You can even use fateweaver tech for the extra 10% Matk if you max it out for some extra little damage or more casting speed along with Vivace instead of battlefield. As for when they reach the boss, they could all stun lock it with hailstorm. lol

So MabiIn2k19 your facts is outdated, if they had been geared the run could of been much faster with a party of mages with a possible 13min~20min maybe even less.

I just wanted to let ya know if you want to give it a try. To have ya see magic in a whole new light.
    Sherri
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Sherri wrote: »

Because I for one of the players who play the game know the power of magic once your build and geared for it while those arrogant foolish players who likely did not main magic or see a player commit to it for them to see that its far from being bad.

Someone from KR already gave out a build for magic and his/her gear was juiced up with enchants that give Matk while using a red upgraded celtic druid stave. Erg 50 for that yummy casting speed, ego with int magic chain casting that made fireball spamming a thing and outclassed firebolt, as well as with many other int magic, while the adv magic hailstorm with all that gear and with the erg 50 along with your stave ego made hailstorm a stationary machine gun of mass destruction. You can even use a rosemary gloves you can craft from avon making hailstorm all the more destructive being the best semi aoe single target damaging magic of all magic. You can even use fateweaver tech for the extra 10% Matk if you max it out for some extra little damage or more casting speed along with Vivace instead of battlefield. As for when they reach the boss, they could all stun lock it with hailstorm. lol

So MabiIn2k19 your facts is outdated, if they had been geared the run could of been much faster with a party of mages with a possible 13min~20min maybe even less.

I just wanted to let ya know if you want to give it a try. To have ya see magic in a whole new light.

*sigh*
    Ok so that KR player that uploads the vids using magic, which is who you're talking about took 45 mins to solo phantasm. Players in NA have uploaded phantasm solos that are ~30 mins long, BEFORE erg AND ego was even a thing. So with NA ping, no erg, and no ego they're clearing it faster, see where I'm going with this? An hour long run for phantasm is a slow solo speed pre erg/ego and that's the hardest mage solo content that's been uploaded.

Interesting how the only solo mage runs uploaded are all content that's easy, like AAHM or vet dungeons, yet there's no feth mage solo? No kraken mage solo? It's almost as if mage looks impressive in content that's already easy. The video they uploaded doing kraken elite is in a party, and they don't really pull their weight. My facts aren't wrong you're just misinformed.