Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I'm stupid or what?

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Y'all memeing with this movespeed posting, just put on dowras and use frenzy as soon as he stops and it's won in seconds.

Y-You guys didn't forget there were guns in this game right? Cops and robbers? Guns and thieves? The second amendment and a violation of your NAP?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Y'all memeing with this movespeed posting, just put on dowras and use frenzy as soon as he stops and it's won in seconds.

Y-You guys didn't forget there were guns in this game right? Cops and robbers? Guns and thieves? The second amendment and a violation of your NAP?

Pretty sure the guns are as useless as were chains to me. The transformation into quick animal seems to be a better suggestion to those who don't have FH.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »
    Lutetium wrote: »

Pretty sure the guns are as useless as were chains to me. The transformation into quick animal seems to be a better suggestion to those who don't have FH.

Yeah, I found that Duel Guns left me wanting. After I got all those skills to rank 1, I used one of those event talent reset caps on Duel Guns and got all that AP back.

As for the goblin, you can chase them with a dreamcatcher but it's all just theatre. Eventually their wanderings get them pinned against a "wall" and then they stop moving. If you are a Human or Giant, you can then duel wield and go wakity wakity wakity wakity. If you're an elf, well then I guess, you wak wak wak wak.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Humans can Final Hit to keep up. As an elf, I just boost my speed w/ march song and I pelt him with constant Thunder. It's horrible but it works.
    I really wish we could summon in pets..
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    u can complete the quest without final hit
    there is a pattern to the thief's movements though
    and it runs back and forth and gets tired in certain locations
    so I suggest to wait on these locations instead of chasing (unless ur fast enough hit and chase)
    so far I've encountered 2 types of goblins 1 wearing a bluish purple clothes and the other wearing brown clothes
    for the goblin wearing bluish purple clothes I've only encountered it 3 times, so far I've only seen it running on this pattern
    it runs back and forth on the red line and it gets tired at the circle/dot on each end of the red line
    BczvZvP.png
    the one wearing brown clothes was a bit more complex though (or maybe i just encountered it too many times)
    I even failed the mission on purpose so I could try and figure out the location where it gets tired
    sometimes it would take the shorter route and other times it takes the longer route behind the general shop and pub
    it runs back and forth on the red line and gets tired at the circle/dot on each end of the red line
    the best position to wait is at the intersection near a lamp post where most of the red line connect
    wN6IA51.png

there was also a time when I was able to stop it from moving though
    I have rental celtic howling chain blade equipped that time and I was gonna try using spinning slasher
    to try and get it out of path to see if its possible, but accidentally I end up pressing chain crush
    It got stunned and then I was able to hit it up to 7 times dont know how long that stun was or how long will it stay on that location
    but then I end up getting the Stolen Money Pouch and the quest completed
    I thought it was because of the stun so I tried stunning it after receiving the mission again
    but the stun didnt work on it, I dont know why it stopped moving , so maybe it was just a glitch
    I tried using other skills with stun but it doesn't work too
  • Radiant DawnRadiant Dawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    i just use march song then turn on auto combat and tab out to something else til its done.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Okay I have a new system now, but not everyone will be able to do it. Since I'm tall I can use duel weapons. I summon the male commerce partner and use running boost. This allows me to run fast enough and still fight at speed.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Valentina wrote: »
    FH?

Final Hit. The OP hooman skill

It's not that OP anymore...
  • OdinMOdinM
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    edited December 22, 2019
    Crims wrote: »
    FH?

Its still very OP. A wide area multiple-hit attack? There's no way that couldn't be in a combat system like Mabinogi has.

Counterattacking someone using it knocks them down, but doesn't cancel the skill. They get right back up and are right back on top of you.
    Shockwave doesn't interrupt it. You don't get a stun or enough breathing room to cast magic.

In fact I've found literally nothing capable of blocking it when it is used unless I happen to be able to kill the user before it expires. There's a reason that there is only one non-player enemy in the entire game capable of using it: Fleta in the Martial Arts theater mission.

And since it allows you to teleport onto an enemy then stun them, of course its OP. You only need to get near the enemy for it to be unstoppable.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I don't know if you consider them non-player enemies since they're not exactly main-character NPCs but, unless I am mistaken, I remember those Goblins or whichever race they were at the end of Glowing Gargoyle Maiz Dungeon for Final-Hit Quest being able to use Final-Hit, not to mention, I think I have seen those «Cessairs» in some of the Saga-Episodes use them, and was difficult to get away from without being fast or creative due to their ridiculously far agro-range.
    OdinM wrote: »
    FH?

Its still very OP. A wide area multiple-hit attack? There's no way that couldn't be in a combat system like Mabinogi has.

Counterattacking someone using it knocks them down, but doesn't cancel the skill. They get right back up and are right back on top of you.
    Shockwave doesn't interrupt it. You don't get a stun or enough breathing room to cast magic.

In fact I've found literally nothing capable of blocking it when it is used unless I happen to be able to kill the user before it expires.
    There's a reason that there is only one non-player enemy in the entire game capable of using it: Fleta in the Martial Arts theater mission.
    And since it allows you to teleport onto an enemy then stun them, of course its OP. You only need to get near the enemy for it to be unstoppable.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited December 22, 2019
    I really should have stock-piled up much more of that Red Cotton Candy... perhaps I can sell what I have left for a huge price-tag. I wonder if anybody is insane, err, ahem, I mean, generous enough to fund my efforts at getting strong by buying them from me for a billion gold per piece...they became quite rare now after all. Can't stop you from doing your thing while in Berserk-Mode.
    FH?

In fact I've found literally nothing capable of blocking it when it is used unless I happen to be able to kill the user before it expires. There's a reason that there is only one non-player enemy in the entire game capable of using it: Fleta in the Martial Arts theater mission.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I just chase it until it tires itself out.

So far, there seems to be a point where the resting duration far exceeds any other resting points, so it gives you plenty of time to bash about.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Helsa wrote: »
    Okay I have a new system now, but not everyone will be able to do it. Since I'm tall I can use duel weapons. I summon the male commerce partner and use running boost. This allows me to run fast enough and still fight at speed.

This kind of worked for me, until the Bandit "shouts" and scares off a pet/partner, unsummoning it.
    Or at least that's what the on-screen message said, I didn't actually see it use a shouting skill like a Wraith or Dragon.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Iyasenu wrote: »

This kind of worked for me, until the Bandit "shouts" and scares off a pet/partner, unsummoning it.
    Or at least that's what the on-screen message said, I didn't actually see it use a shouting skill like a Wraith or Dragon.

I wondering if we just have to hit him a certain number of times rather than it be a lucky drop. Try counting your hits and posting the number of hits it took.
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    You can use Dischord and Celestial Spike to slow it down once it's in range. You can also slow it with Icebolts. Like the other guy said, you could slow it with Dischord and switch to guns and pelt it while it's slowed.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited December 23, 2019
    I am guessing it is a certain minimum amount of times then after the minimum it becomes a random chance for the pouch...
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I wondering if we just have to hit him a certain number of times rather than it be a lucky drop. Try counting your hits and posting the number of hits it took.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Habimaru wrote: »
    I really should have stock-piled up much more of that Red Cotton Candy... perhaps I can sell what I have left for a huge price-tag. I wonder if anybody is insane, err, ahem, I mean, generous enough to fund my efforts at getting strong by buying them from me for a billion gold per piece...they became quite rare now after all. Can't stop you from doing your thing while in Berserk-Mode.
    FH?

It's not Red Cotton Candy that grants the Outrage status, it's the Indigo Cotton Candy.
    Red is the one you eat to make a little heart pop out next to your head.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    (If not yet mentioned already) Additional Speed-Boost Options : Fleet Feet & Alpaca-Robe (maybe)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited December 23, 2019
    Habimaru wrote: »
    (If not yet mentioned already) Additional Speed-Boost Options : Fleet Feet & Alpaca-Robe (maybe)

Alpaca Robe is only commerce mount speed.
  • CaterexCaterex
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    Negumiko wrote: »
    equip a dream catcher, turn into a fox, lock on to the goblin and just keep pressing E. the fox always catches up to him and the mission is usually over in 3 minutes.

AMAZING THANKS SO MUCHHHH