Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So that Erg 20 Catalyst...

NilremNilrem
Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
in General Chat
Its actually really good.

It does more than just give you Erg 20.
It also uncaps the weapon's Erg up to 25.

So if you ever wanted to skip the requirement of a Milky Way Instrument on a weapon, you have an option now.

Did you use yours wisely?
Kensamaofmari

Comments

• OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    What if my item was Erg 5 already?

Does this basically screw me up?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    What if my item was Erg 5 already?

Does this basically screw me up?

Nope, it'll still let you use it, and if it's the Level 20 Catalyst, you'll still end up at level 20, uncapped to level 25.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Erg 20 Catalyst:
    You can use it on any weapon that is allowed to be erg upgraded.
    As long as your weapon is not already Erg 20 and above, you can use it.
    It benefits you less the higher the erg level before use.
    No matter what erg level your weapon is, it will always end up erg 20 with lvl 25 cap, it means your lvl 15 erg weapon will become erg 20 after use not 35.

I used mine on a Battle hammer for giants, not the celtic kind. Because I am cheap and prefer cost efficient of power instead of over pay for little extra power.
  • QueenofBrokenHeartsQueenofBrokenHearts
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    So what's the highest level your weapon can be to make the most out of the crystal?
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    You can use it on a level 20 weapon that is full on erg exp for the level and just needs to be uncapped. It will reset to erg level 20 with 0 exp but max level of 25.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    This is what I did with mine... I should probably actually rank up my Gun-Slinger Tab though...
    HLuqRyq.png
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    I threw mine on my Lance that I used to use for Girgy raids. I didn't want to personalized my other weapons yet, so I just tossed it on that.

There is so much info being displayed that I can't even see the Erg stats...
    Radiant DawnBlissfulkill
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited December 23, 2019
    Sai wrote: »
    I threw mine on my Lance that I used to use for Girgy raids. I didn't want to personalized my other weapons yet, so I just tossed it on that.

Scroll wheel (yes it blew my mind too).

Edit: hehe I ninja'd Alshian by like 10 seconds c:
    SaiAlshian
  • AlshianAlshian

first time having info being too long? scrolling down is your friend.

Just mouse over item and scroll down, don't even have to click anything.
    Sai
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

LMAO! I can't believe I never knew this. Thanks. :)
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

LMAO! I can't believe I never knew this. Thanks. :)

It's not like they tell us important things like this anywhere.
    ChaosShadowTrees
  • AlshianAlshian
    Its the fun of finding out yourself c:
  • MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited December 29, 2019
    I got hounded by family all through the holidays and completely forgot to use my catalyst before it expired, ughhhhh, missed outttt