Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Server UN-merge Discussion Thread

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
in General Chat
Wm5tR0Z.gif

So, after playing on Nao for a number of years, I have come to the conclusion that merging Tarlach, Ruairi, and Mari was a mistake, and that we should unmerge Nao back into those three servers. I know it seems like a preposterous proposal, especially with Alexinians wanting another merge. You must be thinking "Bliss, are you high? Did somebody hurt you? Who hurt you this Christmas?"

So I have compiled a list of arguments as to why we should unmerge Nao.

-It would leave more channels open, meaning less lag and making it easier to play Mabinogi as a single player game.

-There would be more spots to AFK in Mabinogi without people overlapping you or worst, sit spamming you like a horny 12 year old.

-The hotkey issue

-Interserver gang warfare has not decreased, and as a result, people associated with Tarlach are being oppressed by both Marians and Ruairians, which is fueled by the presence of servers tags next to our in game names.

-Alexina can then resume its reign as the go to server for new players/players who don't want to play on a dead server.

-Gold inflation, less competitors in a market vying for limited clothing.

-Smaller populations tend to be more compact, more familial. Would be easier to find a relationship in Mabinogi.

-The server has arguably already done its job of attracting new players, and thus there is no need to have a single server anymore.

-Nao is a stupid server name.

So what do you guys think? Don't you also think we should unmerge Nao? Discuss!
  1. Should We Unmerge Nao?65 votes
    1. Yes
       20% (13 votes)
    2. No
       80% (52 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

So, after playing on Nao for a number of years

I stopped reading after this.

LeineiChaosShadowBlissfulkillKensamaofmariZephyrieGoldtiger01LiberateDraechAlshianCrimsọnand 14 others.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Aren't you yourself on a completely different server that is not known as Nao ?
    If anything, we should collaborate for an Alienogi-server, where we'd have to under-go «account-conversion» in order to migrate... ;o
    Greta
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Years? But the merge was barely a few months ago...
    Leineipawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Years? But the merge was barely a few months ago...

Also OP is indeed from Alexina.

Pretty sure he mixed up Christmas Eve with April Fools, because this thread is a really bad joke.
    LeineiYoridencourtneyyKitinivampryn
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    SlowGrippingKillifish-size_restricted.gif
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    e3a93f14c6.png
    KensamaofmariLeineiAlshiancourtneyyTreesKitinipawcalypse
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Based on their last thread, the purpose of this one is likely the same.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    OP won the argument but lost the vote.
    KensamaofmariKingEphypawcalypse
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited December 24, 2019
    Tfw nobody here can take a joke, even when it seems to be intentionally bad. And yes, I will admit it before anyone can call me out on it, I know that is very ironic coming from me. I'm terrible at taking a joke as a joke.
    KensamaofmariDraech
  • GretaGreta
    Tfw nobody here can take a joke, even when it seems to be intentionally bad. And yes, I will admit it before anyone can call me out on it, I know that is very ironic coming from me. I'm terrible at taking a joke as a joke.

I really don't understand the motive of trolling in such time and topic, but i understand this was made purely for entertainment.
    KensamaofmariKageito
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Greta wrote: »
    I really don't understand the motive of trolling in such time and topic, but i understand this was made purely for entertainment.

Oh, I don't really understand their motive for posting something like this either, other than the given one of wanting to be funny. And to that end, they succeeded imo. I got a chuckle out of reading it. Given that the norm in these forums is often a thread for complaints, I can't say I mind seeing joke threads like this every once in a while.
    JJKensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 24, 2019
    Of course it's a joke, since they started the guys can't play girls thread in order to watch fireworks. When unmerging would you force everyone back to their original servers? Could you identify that for everyone? Or could they pick? Could they pick Alexina? What if everyone picked the same server? What if everyone picked Alexina? I nominate Alexina as the "I'm against unmerging" choice.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    About 28 Erinn years have elapsed since the servers merged.
    Darkpixie99GretaBlissfulkillNilremHabimaruCanispiritSherricourtneyyKitini
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Is this a form of trolling to make the weekly server merge threads look valid?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Cho wrote: »
    Is this a form of trolling to make the weekly server merge threads look valid?

Happy Holidays?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    First off, Bliss what is wrong with you? Years? Heh.

Second off, no. We fought for years for the merge and we're not just going to undo all the bullbleep we had to go through to smooth out all the issues that came with the merge just because your connection or computer can't handle it.

Third, If you can't beat them, join em. :D

And lastly demerging would effectively be the last nail in the coffin.

Were you drunk when you posted this? It kinda feels like it. Put down the nog and go to bed.

giphy.gif
    Leineipawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Bliss is prob drunk....drunk on MADNESS D:
    pawcalypse
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The best part about your threads, Bliss, is that some people seem to take them seriously no matter how preposterous the topic gets. It says a lot about the unreasonable demands we get around here.
    ChaosShadow
  • GretaGreta
    Eralea wrote: »
    The best part about your threads, Bliss, is that some people seem to take them seriously no matter how preposterous the topic gets. It says a lot about the unreasonable demands we get around here.

Unreasonable demands? Any example?
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    unmerge is too much I think but some of the reasons does have a point its just unmerge is not the solution
    actually there are far better solutions.
    Wm5tR0Z.gif

So I have compiled a list of arguments as to why we should unmerge Nao:

-It would leave more channels open, meaning less lag and making it easier to play Mabinogi as a "single player game."
    1.Mabinogi is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) maybe rephrase ur words with "solo playing in game"
    2. just move to a less crowded channel or request for devs to add more channels on nao,
    It's a lot easier to make new channels than create new server/revive old server including maintaining servers.

-There would be more spots to AFK in Mabinogi without people overlapping you or worst, sit spamming you like a horny 12 year old.
    1. have u ever tried to AFK in ur hs? if u think ur stalkers would follow u in ur hs just change ur status in the friends list options as offline.

-The hotkey issue
    1. I dont know if I ever had this or how it works.

-Interserver gang warfare has not decreased, and as a result, people associated with Tarlach are being oppressed by both Marians and Ruairians, which is fueled by the presence of servers tags next to our in game names.
    1. Just request for a name change or request to have the server tags removed or hidden.
    2. if u think the so called "Inter-server gang warfare" is interfering with the peacefulness of the game take pictures or record a video of them disturbing the peace or harassing others then report it to the support center or forums, just make sure that the names of the ones involved is clear so as the evidence.

-Alexina can then resume its reign as the go to server for new players/players who don't want to play on a dead server.
    1. Alexina dead? maybe to the perspective of others but all I see are players who prefer to be lazy I mean chill (im the one that is lazy), maybe the drop of grinders but the server doesn't seem to have change for me except for the price inflation and lesser items being sold.
    2. One thing I was hoping to disappear after merge are the bots taking advantage of free event giveaways.

-Gold inflation, less competitors in a market vying for limited clothing.
    1.Just lower ur price and/or increase ur variety. sell more stuff rather than sell stuff at higher price (a little tip for marketing)

-Smaller populations tend to be more compact, more familial. Would be easier to find a relationship in Mabinogi.
    1. true I cant argue with that but that seems weird coming from someone who wants to play mabinogi as a "single player game", not everyone can be kirito and have lucky encounters and build a harem despite being a "solo player/beater"

-The server has arguably already done its job of attracting new players, and thus there is no need to have a single server anymore.
    1. and u think unmerging will make all of them stay?

-Nao is a stupid server name.
    1. "Nao" this is worth arguing with (nope not really), this will make a bloodbath in forums (of crickets chirping in silence), no this will basically start the third world war (of crickets trying to be the best in chirping to amplify silence)

(and this damn long post will basically be ignored most likely)

So I'll put the most important part here separately

programmers and all the members of the dev team are not gods/genii/infinity gauntlet.
    they don't do things in with a flip of a switch, a wave of their hands or snap of the fingers.
    every massive change they make takes hours,days, weeks,months,years of grueling work and sleepless nights, not even including the stress and depression they get when things don't function as they intended to. It took them months/ years to give people the merge, from making the decision, gathering the data of certain effects it does to the system, predicting what issues may occur and what steps they may take to provide solutions and a lot more. They just gave u guys what u wished for now u wish to turn it back to how it was. Let me remind u that there is a limit to a person's patience, I met people who reached the limit of their patience and did something out of anger (I used to attend anger management counseling and group sessions). Now back to main topic, you guys already got what u wished for it may not be what you expect nor is it perfect and still have a lot of inconveniences for now but its all they were able to give so be content and try to deal with some in your own way. You can also argue that u have limits to ur patience, but basically ur like a carriage passenger demanding the coachman for a smooth ride over rough roads/terrain after choosing the path yourself.