Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What is the point of Dan-Testing HE/MC?

Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
edited December 30, 2019 in Help
Hi there. So I've lately been thinking about trying to get Dan 3 on both Magic Craft and Hillwen Engineering (starting with Magic Craft). I did a bit of research on methods of training after reaching Rank 1, and stumbled across this topic. Instead of Necroing the post, I thought it would be better to make a new one. I wanted to ask a more clear question and hopefully get a clear answer.

So my question is, is there really any benefits to Danning Hillwen Engineering and/or Magic Craft? What I mean by benefits is, do your crafting success rates (excluding the items you can only create with dan1+) go up, and/or do you get a better chance at making a high quality item? Or can you only increase those rates by getting the master title and wearing productivity enchants? Any clear answer would be much appreciated. I'd like to know if this is something I should invest my time and gold into, or not.

EDIT:
I'd also like to know what you'd recommend I do. Should I dan magic craft/hillwen engineering once, and also get the master title for each, so that I can get higher quality items? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hillwen Engineering brings crafting quality up slightly with each Dan rank.

Hillwen Engineering Minimum Quality:
    Rank 1: 20%
    Dan 1: 21%
    Dan 2: 23%
    Dan 3: 25%

Hillwen Engineering Maximum Quality:
    Rank 1: 100%
    Dan 1: 101%
    Dan 2: 103%
    Dan 3: 105%

So for Hillwen Engineering, you can actually make things slightly above their max rolls if you're lucky.

Magic Craft doesn't increase min/max quality.
    Instead, danning Magic Craft unlocks a few new recipes, all of which are basically "upgraded" versions of the other craftable accessories.

Dan 1: Unlocks the Ancient Four Leaf Clover, Ancient Horned Ring, and Ancient Sun Yeti Heart.
    Success rates for those three items is 80% base.
    Dan 2: Success rates for those three items goes up to 85% base.
    Dan 3: Success rates for those three items goes up to 95% base.

The Ancient Four Leaf Clover is a Lucky Rabbit's Foot that can get 1 extra Defense.
    The Ancient Horned Ring is a Drosera that can get 1 extra Protection.
    The Ancient Sun Yeti Heart is a Purple Heart that can get 1 extra Protection.

Also both skills allow you to "sig" the items you make.
    This will happen if you make a piece of equipment and even one of its randomized stat rolls ends up at the maximum.

That's all that changes with the Dan ranks.
    Success rates for pre-Dan recipes stay the same as ever.
    Hillwen Engineering helps crafting quality in the Dan ranks, so you'd want that on top of the titles.
    If you don't care about the ability to leave your name on crafts or for the new accessories, I guess danning Magic Craft isn't that amazing.
    Goldtiger01
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited December 31, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    *good info*

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much for the clear and concise information! I think i'll end up getting the master title for magic craft and then dan it afterwards. As for hillwen engineering.. I'll probably shoot for dan 3 eventually...but not anytime soon. It's really weird how HE gives a max quality bonus but magic craft doesn't. Anyways, thanks again for all the helpful information!
    Iyasenu