Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Trying to get Lightning Rod. Finding Black Dragon

DootLordDootLord
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in General Chat
Heyo,

Returning player that's trying to become a super neato mage. I want to get Lightning Rod however I have to hit a black dragon 30 times with Thunder, I've been told It's a raid boss but given the playerbase of the game I doubt I can do this. Any pointers here?

Many thanks! :)

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 3, 2020
    Yeah, you have to HIT the Dragon 30 times with Thunder, not beat it. However, the one in the episode 3 of Saga DOES COUNT so you don't have to go after the raid boss. So go after the Saga Episode 3 Black Dragon/Bhafel instead. He probably hurts less than the raid boss does.
    DootLord
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    There are now Milletians in existence who can literally solo that Dragon.
    The Alexina-Server at least has a regular group that takes it down on every channel pretty regularly.
    Starting on Ch01 then working the way down to Ch07... just show up at the times during its spawn-schedule.
    DootLord wrote: »
    Heyo,

Returning player that's trying to become a super neato mage. I want to get Lightning Rod however I have to hit a black dragon 30 times with Thunder, I've been told It's a raid boss but given the playerbase of the game I doubt I can do this. Any pointers here?

Many thanks! :)
  • DootLordDootLord
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Thanks for the help guys! I'll see if anyone's doing it in a bit. The server's seem to be offline right now tho :/

Feel free to add me, would be great to talk to new people!