Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Getting Stuck in Storyline G1

TimikiTimiki
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Bugs and Glitches
First of all, it is very annoying that the information shown in the Quest window doesn't always update as you make progress in your quest. In my case, I felt very lost without the step-by-step instruction information which should be provided in the Quest window.
And also I currently get stuck in storyline G1 and I think a bug caused that. I got the Fomor Medal and Goro(the goblin who guards the Alby Battle Arena) has just translated the writing on the back of this medal for me after I helped to find his ring in a dungeon. However, information in the Quest window is still about "asking the priest Comgan about Fomor Medal", a previous one that I defimitely have finished. Then I did some research online and according to information I got, I'm supposed to talk to Tarlach with the new key word and then talk to Goro again. But I tried that and nothing happened. I also tried to talk to everyone related(the three priests, Goro) with the new key word "Dul Brau Dairam Shanon" again and again,but nothing happened.
Please find out about this and save me from this trap. I want AP :(

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    That's strange.

You mentioned Goro's Ring and having to find it in a dungeon, but that sounds like OLD G1, not the current G1.

How old is your character?

Anyways, if what you did was get the Dul Brau Dairam Shanon keyword, try using that on Kristell.

According to the wiki's page on the pre-updated G1 questline, found here, once you get the Dul Brau Dairam Shanon keyword, you're supposed to use it on Kristell so she gives you the Glasses Pouch.

But it's strange that you'd have this quest.
    I'm not sure if it's still a thing you can do, but have you tried talking to Lorna, standing between Walter and Glenis in Dunbarton?
    According to the wiki, if you're still on old G1, she should be able to let you scrap that and get on to the current G1.
    Because as far as I know, old G1 didn't give you AP rewards, only the current G1.
    Timiki
  • TimikiTimiki
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    That's strange.

You mentioned Goro's Ring and having to find it in a dungeon, but that sounds like OLD G1, not the current G1.

How old is your character?

Anyways, if what you did was get the Dul Brau Dairam Shanon keyword, try using that on Kristell.

According to the wiki's page on the pre-updated G1 questline, found here, once you get the Dul Brau Dairam Shanon keyword, you're supposed to use it on Kristell so she gives you the Glasses Pouch.

But it's strange that you'd have this quest.
    I'm not sure if it's still a thing you can do, but have you tried talking to Lorna, standing between Walter and Glenis in Dunbarton?
    According to the wiki, if you're still on old G1, she should be able to let you scrap that and get on to the current G1.
    Because as far as I know, old G1 didn't give you AP rewards, only the current G1.

Thanks a lot! That's really informative. I didn't realize what I had was the old version of G1...... I think I created this character in November of 2018. And I actually still acquired some APs from this old G1 storyline within the past a few days.

I tried using the Dul Brau Dairam keyword with Kristell(one of the three priests) but I didn't get anything from her. And as I mentioned before, I tried the keyword with everyone related but it just didn't work.

I also talked to Lorna just now, but she only talked about something about "the Saga"...... There is no way she could help me get into the current version of G1.

I hope this can be seen by the technical staff of mabinogi soon. :(