Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Worth coming back??

VasumatiVasumati
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
in Nao Chat
I have been playing this game on and off since G2. I love the game dearly, though i've taken issue with direction it's gone; but that's a discussion for another time. When Alexina came out i jumped ship over to there using a elite hero character card (but i still left my old tarlach characters). I have been off the game for almost 1 or 2 years now, but getting the itch again and thinknig of coming back (again) though on the Nao server. One of the biggest issues for me is the lack of players. I always got so bored in Alexina, (and tarlach, which is why i went to alexina in the first place). The people in Alexina (at least 2 years ago) where very minimal, and the ones that where in the game where mostly afk'ers. Most people also where not interested in any content besides end game content, and had to minmax everything. I guess what i'm trying to say is that the community in Alexina was very boring. So, how is the community in Nao?? Any feedback is welcome, though feedback from Alexians who jumped to Nao fro mthe merge would greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading this wall of text x.x

Comments

• VasumatiVasumati
    eh, nevermind.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    So you are choosing to beleive one, 26 minute video, over giving other people a chance to give you their opinions or you know, logging into the game and seeing for yourself.
    NilremChel
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    ROFL.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    So you are choosing to beleive one, 26 minute video, over giving other people a chance to give you their opinions or you know, logging into the game and seeing for yourself.

It's appalling that someone has the time to make a 20+ min about quitting a game.
    HelsaVictrix
  • VasumatiVasumati
    He's just pointing out some things about the game that he disliked. He was also very big in the community, alot of people knew him. The issues he takes with the game, i agree with; which is why i've been so off on of the game ever since these changes came into affect. After watching that video i was reminded of why i quit in the first place... everyone is still free to post their opinions. But this jsut isn't the same game that i remember fondly.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    All you have to do is advertise Mabinogi (well, perhaps that is not the only thing to be done, but it is a very significant activity to make Mabinogi NA become once again as bustling as it once was). The player-base can eventually return to what it once was if the advertising is kept up consistently. Surely we all have computers and printers by now (definitely laptops or computers at minimum... otherwise we wouldn't be reading this lol!). This effort might be able to get some people out of their house (or apartments or whatever)... just print out a new ad & post it up weekly... everywhere. Set an alarm if necessary in order to remind yourself to print a catchy attention-grabber so that it's ready to post/tape/pin to various bulletin-boards !

Just be sure to get permission first for those bulletin-boards where they ask you to first inform the front-desk before posting (such as at most libraries). Put fliers or brochures onto the bulletin-boards at fast-food-joints (even though I personally no longer go to nor eat at such places) such as McDonald's, the local grocery stores, post into community oriented newspaper-classifieds (when I used to live at the International-Falls in Minnesota there was a newspaper there which allowed a free classified every week that you just wrote down your three-line notice & put it into the box), cos-play as Mabinogi-characters if/when going to animé-conventions & hand out fliers to invite more potential Milletians, etc (also, just for the record, out-side of Japan, France has the second-largest cos-playing population in the entire world, and the French also really appreciate it when you translate your «successful product» into French, even if they're able to speak/read English, and you'd have a literal «monopoly» by offering a product where they do not already have a French-language equivalent [one of Mabinogi's strongest unique strengths as far as being «competitive» in the MMORPG market goes is the fact that we're not «class-restricted» like the vast majority of titles that lock you into a specific role from character-creation]).

If you have some advertising $$$ to burn, test things out with with some advertising and/or marketing companies, although I do not know how Nexon tracks the effectiveness of its advertisements, I do know that other businesses track them in the form of «coupon-codes» (the codes designed to determine when/where said advertisement was placed), promo-codes (such as for a certain %%% off; I think Nexon could afford to offer a free special pet or choice of pet [permanent of course] for players who find an advertisement with a promo-code), but of course you'd put an expiration-date for the promo-code itself, for purposes of making it easier to track when the advertisement was placed. I don't recommend spending huge amounts of $$$ initially but to first test everything to determine the response-rate. If the response-rate is high, then of course, that would warrant spending (investing) more into that particular advertising campaign & keep it on-going.

If you don't know what kind of «wording» to put on the advertisements for your printer (and I am directing this particular message/paragraph to you, the community members, and not necessarily directly to Nexon Mabinogi NA staff themselves), you could try something like the following...:
    Explore a Virtual Life Full of Freedom! Mabinogi is an anime-style MMORPG where you can play your own customized music with a large variety of in-game musical instruments, show off various outfits where you can even compete in a weekly DDR-style fashion contest, venture into various dungeons and shadow missions or even participate in raids against powerful dragons using a wide variety of available combat skills, get your own free pets such as a Flying Pegasus from completing the Saga episodes, cook and share food, participate in numerous frequent events, and much, much, more...! What are you waiting for? Come join the Adventures! Download from Mabinogi.Nexon.net
    If you need to keep it very short, such as a one-liner with enough space for «Take One» as you pin multiples of it to a Bulletin-Board, try:
    [Take One of These Strips With You!] Freedom-Filled Classless Anime MMORPG. Play now! Visit Mabinogi.Nexon.net
    Graphics are not required but can help get more attention to the advertisement more quickly, such as if the face of an anime character is printed next to the wording (whether in colour or black-and-white shouldn't make too much of a difference in response-rate), but female-characters will probably get more attention, and I'd nominate Agnes as a «friendly vibe» face/character for a more «inviting» feel from the advertisement (or even have a «cast of characters» on the sides such as from one of the Original Mabinogi-Trailers but in the form of a brochure/flier/flyer).
    latest?cb=20110929004130
    I still have a lot more to say but it looks like there are other time-sensitive matters I need to get back to tending to for now. Good luck...!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Vasumati wrote: »
    He's just pointing out some things about the game that he disliked. He was also very big in the community, alot of people knew him. The issues he takes with the game, i agree with; which is why i've been so off on of the game ever since these changes came into affect. After watching that video i was reminded of why i quit in the first place... everyone is still free to post their opinions. But this jsut isn't the same game that i remember fondly.

Well, if you think that video is enough for you to stay away, that is fine. But you are welcome to come back anytime if you're curious.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Totally! One should make up their own mind by going out and trying it. "Liking" a game is completely subjective.

It's appalling that someone has the time to make a 20+ min about quitting a game.

Exactly. If you're gonna quit then quit. This is like someone in an internet flame war who says that they're above petty squabbling and they're done with the argument and yet they take three pages to do so.
    KensamaofmariVictrix