Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Magical Branch Does Drop From Ciar Advanced Normal

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
edited January 12, 2020 in General Chat
Ididit.png

It took me over 30 runs solo with no alternate characters (Cause I don't do that), but I confirm it does drop in Ciar Advanced, Normal Dungeon!

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    5th anniversary bag.... why....?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    5th anniversary bag.... why....?

Iunno, I took like a year long hiatus for school. :/

Going back tomorrow to the labs too. RIP my free time.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You could do that...

:D
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    This isn't news though right? It's adv HM where it doesn't drop
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Was somebody trying to claim that it didn't drop from this dungeon ? I had literal beginner-luck on this dungeon-run the first time I attempted it (for the Branch) but haven't seen it drop since even though I periodically spam it to try and obtain more for some of my friend-list-contacts (also without multi-logging
    , although, that probably wouldn't be a bad idea for statistics-purposes, considering how even cheap extra laptops these days have enough specs to run the Client. Nah, actually, too much hassle, and it's not like I'm still living in those 20-room houses with large room-sizes where I had lots of room to set up computers everywhere... just can't be bothered when my current domicile is so crowded that I hardly have any room to even walk around... even though I live here by myself! I plan to make arrangements to move again eventually to NOT the middle of freaking nowhere...
    ).
    (Note : Spoiler-tagged stuff in this post is irrelevant/non-important. Just skip it unless you're one of those «stalkers» trying to learn everything about me.)
    edited January 13, 2020
    Maia wrote: »

I just wanted to celebrate, and I suspected that in spite of it all, I was relying on the wiki. :o

30+ runs....I got paranoid.

What if...it never drops?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I just wanted to celebrate, and I suspected that in spite of it all, I was relying on the wiki. :o

You'll keep running the dungeon and achieve the title of being a goblin slayer.
    Radiant Dawn
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    35209174.gif
    You know it had to be done, although, I must say, that animé was definitely not for little boys & girls to be watching...

Habimaru wrote: »
    35209174.gif
    You know it had to be done, although, I must say, that animé was definitely not for little boys & girls to be watching...

Neither is the manga.

I find it funny how in Erinn, the more civilized races and learned to coexist with the more intelligible goblins, but are still fighting and killing the less intelligible ones. Also goblin bandits (boss) don't work together with goblin bandits (commerce).

Ever wonder if some of the goblins were like, "Forget this old and moldy dungeon! We keep on getting killed and beat up by these milliteans, I'm gonna put some clothes on, go outside and become a merchant!"
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 13, 2020
    People just use skill seals anyway. Once you do that you can submit a ticket to have the quest(s) removed.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
    edited January 14, 2020
    Crims wrote: »
    People just use skill seals anyway. Once you do that you can submit a ticket to have the quest(s) removed.

And let the game...nay, RNG gods win?

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? BACK THEN, WE DIDN'T HAVE SKILL SEALS, SPOILED YOUNG UN.

WE FOUGHT BEARS WITH OUR BARE HANDS IN CONTRAST TO THEIR BEAR HANDS, AND WE ENJOYED IT!
    Radiant DawnCrimsọnChaosShadowWolfsinger
  • najee508najee508
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    wow... 30 tries?! its a good thing i ran ciar advanced normal twice in a day and got it unintentionally xD. nice dude!
    Crims wrote: »

And let the game...nay, RNG gods win?

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS? BACK THEN, WE DIDN'T HAVE SKILL SEALS, SPOILED YOUNG UN.

WE FOUGHT BEARS WITH OUR BARE HANDS IN CONTRAST TO THEIR BEAR HANDS, AND WE ENJOYED IT!

After fighting a bear with bare fists in Mabinogi
    200.gif

Reality (just pretend the frog is a bear)
    giphy.gif
    edited January 17, 2020
    najee508 wrote: »
    wow... 30 tries?! its a good thing i ran ciar advanced normal twice in a day and got it unintentionally xD. nice dude!

It's not like I have gambling addiction, I just hate losing.

It doesn't feel right to use skill seals, ya know? It's like I cheated. I dislike the attitude towards "grindy skills"; just as Rome wasn't built overnight, or Edern became a master blacksmith in a week, I think it is mightily unfun to want skills to be trained in just an hour or so.

Building your proficiency over a long period of time seems much better a thing to take pride in than simply bypassing the grind.

Of course, this is all RNG based, so well...
    najee508
  • najee508najee508
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    najee508 wrote: »

It's not like I have gambling addiction, I just hate losing.

It doesn't feel right to use skill seals, ya know? It's like I cheated. I dislike the attitude towards "grindy skills"; just as Rome wasn't built overnight, or Edern became a master blacksmith in a week, I think it is mightily unfun to want skills to be trained in just an hour or so.

Building your proficiency over a long period of time seems much better a thing to take pride in than simply bypassing the grind.

Of course, this is all RNG based, so well...

To be honest I always see RNG as more of a "life counter". The more good things that happen the higher chance something bad will happen in the next one or 2 and vise versa .(also I tried running a few a couple of months after I got it because a friend wanted it.Me thinking it was easy I still haven't gotten a second one and its been months...)
    Dem feelz when you got the rest book from Avon, but also another pass to an Avon mission, so you do it again for the lulz, and now you have two rest books, but they are untradeable.

*Well, at least my Alts on Alexina get a free ride*
  • ThePravinThePravin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Habimaru wrote: »
    35209174.gif

Neither is the manga.

I find it funny how in Erinn, the more civilized races and learned to coexist with the more intelligible goblins, but are still fighting and killing the less intelligible ones. Also goblin bandits (boss) don't work together with goblin bandits (commerce).

Ever wonder if some of the goblins were like, "Forget this old and moldy dungeon! We keep on getting killed and beat up by these milliteans, I'm gonna put some clothes on, go outside and become a merchant!"

Considering the drop control scrolls on death I don't think they have much of a say in the matter.