Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance - January 16th

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited January 23, 2020 in Vault
Mabinogi will have a scheduled maintenance on Thursday, January 16th. During this time, the game will be unavailable. Maintenance is expected to begin at 7:00 AM PST and last approximately 4 hours.

maintenance_590x165.jpg

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- Time -
Thursday, January 16th
Pacific (PST, UTC-8): 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Eastern (EST, UTC-5): 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Paris (CET, UTC+1): 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

To address the following:

• Weekly server upkeep.
  • Time for a quest change! The Winter Master Plan weekly quest is changing to "Wrap Up: Proving Your Worth".
  • Say goodbye to Eiry! The Spirit Ascension with Eiry event is ending on Friday, January 17th at 11:59 PM PST.
  • Are you prepared for G24 yet? The Pre-G24 Event is ending.
  • Get out of here, Christmas! The Christmas decorations are being put away.
  • Our G24 Ascension Update is live!
  • The G24 fun is just beginning! The G24 Celebration Events are starting.
  • It's time for the purrfect pet! The Jewel Pet Box sale is starting.
  • You can finally change your name if you didn't have a free name change! The Paid Name Change sale is permanently starting.
  • Erg Infusion Catalyst Booster Coupons from the Erg Booster Event will be removed during maintenance.
  • Processing of requested name changes. Note: The Name Change submission site will be unavailable after 7:00 AM PST time, and will be available after the maintenance.

- The Mabinogi Team
SherriToreishiCrimsọn

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Katherz wrote: »
    [*] You can finally change your name if you didn't have a free name change! The Paid Name Change sale is permanently starting.

KqgVCDN.gif
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Sherri wrote: »
    [*] You can finally change your name if you didn't have a free name change! The Paid Name Change sale is permanently starting.

KqgVCDN.gif

How much? I don't have hundreds of dollars for this.
    Sherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 15, 2020
    Jewel Pet Box?

Is it gonna be this thing?
    6e163c9872.jpg

I mean, it's got some kind of jewel on its forehead.

But "Pet Box".
    I only buy direct sales, so it's gonna be lame for me...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Goodbye Eiry. Hope to see you again. :(
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,180

Thank you for the great news! <3
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Iyasenu wrote: »

But "Pet Box".
    I only buy direct sales, so it's gonna be lame for me...

Maybe it'll be like some previous pet gachas where you're guaranteed to get one after a certain number?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I would be careful about paying for name changes with a lot of people wanting to merge Alexina.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Of course you have to make a gamble box of pets...
    JasJMJ
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 15, 2020
    Greta wrote: »

Going to be gamble boxes until the Senate bill passes, and Nexon picks between 12+ with no Lootboxes,
    or 18/21+ and Lootboxes+Banned in Hawaii.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Greta wrote: »

Due to higher profits, all future pets will be gachapon that give you the actual pet you want after spending 45,000 NX on 10 exactly as the system was introduced with Ceraunus. Putting the pet in the shop directly for 14,900 NX simply doesn't make as much as having a 1~5% chance per 4,500 NX gachapon to spawn the new pet people want, but ensures you will get one after 10 boxes, 10 4,500 NX boxes. It's just good business, people are willing to pay 4,500 NX for a 1~5% chance to get the pet and buy 10 to ensure they get it and feel they're getting a good deal with all the other old/reskinned pets that will spawn from the 4,500 NX box.

This is capitalism, you can speak with your wallet and not buy the gachapon, but enough people will still buy it to make it a successful business tactic, you'll just have to accept that new pets are 45,000 NX now, the KartRider crossover pets are the same as well if you're looking towards the future after the wingycat.

You can of course always buy the pets from players ingame with gold or bartering items when adoption medals go on sale so you can avoid the gamble and the new 45,000 NX standard so long as someone else is willing to gamble/pay up and sell the pet for things ingame when possible. You could also just wait a couple years until the pets are reskinned and given out for free as event rewards, most of the new pets that haven't been crossover content have eventually been given out for free I'm sure the wingycat will be eventually too.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited January 16, 2020
    Honestly I am already good on pets, already have a functioning divine link pet, anything behind rather stupid attempt to try to milk me would just be ignored and move on xD

I am just curious about G25 after G24 Since now we pretty much got all the maps open now I wonder if there will be new lands in the future any time soon.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sad truth.

I guess it's time to prepare another 50m check.
    Wolfsinger
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited January 16, 2020
    I will be spending 45 bucks for the 10 pack for the new pet cause i want it:3
  • KitsuneanagiKitsuneanagi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Wait.... What if its very similar to the cereanus pet gacha with a lowest chance on a dyeable one same gacha type but there are not dyeable versions in this gacha some pets are rereleased in this gacha but the most expensive one of all is a dyeable cat from this gacha
  • SorrowwolfeSorrowwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Sherri wrote: »

KqgVCDN.gif

How much? I don't have hundreds of dollars for this.

It will be $10(U.S.) for a name change.
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
    The server still down mabinogi isnt updating?
  • ChelChel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    edited January 16, 2020
    Looks like Steam users aren't getting the update as of yet?

My game still shows the spirit ascension splash screen and returns a server can't be reached error upon trying to login, while my partner is able to login on her PC just fine via the Nexon launcher. Seems like I'm not the only person having this issue, based on some posts in the Mabinogi forum on Steam.

And... everything looks to be good now. :)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    This should be expected with an update adding new Gen stuff
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    And of course they didnt release the pet adoption medals e.r Nice job nexon e.e bloody terrible
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
    edited January 16, 2020
    I know right a pet box and no pet medals at least make the whistles tradable