Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G24 sham

DemoncatDemoncat
Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
in General Chat
i have not gotten a single gem from mining in the Tory Ravine did they miss something updared? because this has been a complete disapointment

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited January 17, 2020
    Demoncat wrote: »
    i have not gotten a single gem from mining in the Tory Ravine did they miss something updared? because this has been a complete disapointment

Hmm.
    You can use the Metallurgy skill to find gems in the Decaying Swamp

Hmm yes.

The metallurgy method for obtaining gems through metallurgy clearly means going to where you find stones for spirit liquor and mining for them.
    Also Metallurgy RNG and poison upon poison await you

Also you didn't need to post this topic in multiple sections.
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    edited January 17, 2020
    pretty petty and silly to think that i didnt try the metalurgy method. i tried the metalurgy method and still got nothing
    Trees
  • NilremNilrem
    pretty petty and silly to think that i didnt try the metalurgy method. i tried the metalurgy method and still got nothing

Then you try it again. And Again. And Again. And Again.
    Persistence is key.
    Welcome to RNG.
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    which i spent an hour for. So that being said your pretty much saying Tory Ravine is useless thank you
    Goldtiger01
  • NilremNilrem
    which i spent an hour for. So that being said your pretty much saying Tory Ravine is useless thank you

If an hour is all it takes for you to give up:
    Sorry to say but getting these gems is going to just be an issue no matter the method you use.
    The key to drops of any kind of rarity is persistence. And the swamp should have better rates than a normal beach.
    In the end, you're gonna have good days and bad days. That's just RNG.

Unless you like Baltane a lot. Plenty of low CM basic gems there.
    SebastianDraechWolfsingerSkyahri
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    You are not even supposed to get the gems through mining... Only Metallurgy...
    Crimsọn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I have all the gems.
    mabinogi_2020_01_17_060.png?width=909&height=449
    GypsySpiritWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You are not even supposed to get the gems through mining... Only Metallurgy...

I think that's what they mean lol.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 17, 2020

You are surprised?

MMOs in general have unfavourable RNG, and considering Nexon's recent records, they are becoming...No-Tory-iously Ravine-ous for bad RNG to pad game time.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited January 17, 2020
    Got a gem, safe to say its possible just rates pretty low for me, others could be more lucky.

Only one gem at least, a ruby 2cm > ->

Also to add, that poison....why?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    In 2 Cravan-Liquids-worth (~20 minutes, since they last 10 minutes each) of metallurgy in the poison swamps, I think it's safe to say at least two things:

1) The gem find rate is noticeably higher than metallurgy in normal spots.
    2) The gems you do find are still up to RNG to decide what they are and how small/large they are.

First gem I found was a 1.01cm Jasper.
    Most recent was a 4.86cm Diamond.

Also you can find both beach and river version of old gems at the swamps, not that that's all that great, considering their comparatively low value.

I hadn't found any of the new gems, and the alligators are really annoying to deal with, and even Divine Link won't help THAT much, since just because YOU drink the Cravan Liquid to gain swamp immunity doesn't mean your pet will be as well.
    I guess if you wanted to feed one to your pet as well as yourself... it might be worth it to lower the hassle of "pet out of alligator aggro range while you, gathering, are within range*.

Hey, on the upside, the poison swamps are excellent for training your Divine Link's Sacred Revival subskill. :p
    SherriWolfsingerGoldtiger01pawcalypse
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Good to know.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    In 2 Cravan-Liquids-worth (~20 minutes, since they last 10 minutes each) of metallurgy in the poison swamps, I think it's safe to say at least two things:

2) The gems you do find are still up to RNG to decide what they are and how small/large they are.

Also you can find both beach and river version of old gems at the swamps, not that that's all that great, considering their comparatively low value.

I hadn't found any of the new gems, and the alligators are really annoying to deal with, and even Divine Link won't help THAT much, since just because YOU drink the Cravan Liquid to gain swamp immunity doesn't mean your pet will be as well.
    I guess if you wanted to feed one to your pet as well as yourself... it might be worth it to lower the hassle of "pet out of alligator aggro range while you, gathering, are within range*.

Hey, on the upside, the poison swamps are excellent for training your Divine Link's Sacred Revival subskill. :p

A useful response as always, thank you for being the only helpful person in this topic!
  • PunikoPuniko
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Oh no, so it drops old gems too? I used only 1 Cravan Liquid so far and got 2 Bloodstones (1+cm and 2+cm) in a round, so i assumed it only drops the new gems... There's so many of them gems, gonna be hard to get what you really want :/
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Puniko wrote: »
    Oh no, so it drops old gems too? I used only 1 Cravan Liquid so far and got 2 Bloodstones (1+cm and 2+cm) in a round, so i assumed it only drops the new gems... There's so many of them gems, gonna be hard to get what you really want :/

Yeah, unfortunately this doesn't seem quite as wonderful a way to get the new gems as it was hoped.
    It's there as an option if you don't want to do party content that may give gems and want better rates than metallurgy on ordinary an beach/river.

It definitely doesn't seem like it'll unseat S/SS ranked Alban Paradise of Gems as the best source of 9/10cm gems, both old and new.
    Especially considering that will have multiple people all getting many gems.
    (Maybe instead of wishing for gems to return to event rewards, we can hope for more events to give Baltane Stone Selection Boxes, lol)
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I mean what did you guys expect? Fishing events will no longer contain gems because they don't want us to power level. This alone foretold that the new metallurgy sites would also be crap. Sorry if that's not a "helpful reply", forums are not just a place for useful information. They are also a place to express our dissatisfaction with updates and changes.

The new area is already crap. Items from here are already severely devalued. Oh and monsters still mean nothing to 5k cp players. Honestly lately new dungeons and monsters just have more hp and that's it. Lame.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Nilrem wrote: »

Sorry to say but getting these gems is going to just be an issue no matter the method you use.
    The key to drops of any kind of rarity is persistence. And the swamp should have better rates than a normal beach.

To be fair, it is one of the best ways to level up to 150.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Nilrem wrote: »

To be fair, it is one of the best ways to level up to 150.

And lately the events have been handing out 2x Combat EXP potions, and either Baltane Elite passes or selection boxes for the passes, so it's been extra convenient.
    It sure beats having to farm for the passes.
  • rawrnyahrawrnyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    edited January 18, 2020

You can ignore the swamp poison by wearing a poison immunity set as well but yeah even with that the alligators are a pain and the metallugy spots are so far apart. Honestly if feels more efficient to just use metallurgy in the older areas rather than running around to sieve 1 or 2 nodes and getting immediately mauled by alligators right after.

On the plus side, at least you can farm bone chips in the swamp without needing another player now.
    IyasenuSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    rawrnyah wrote: »

You can ignore the swamp poison by wearing a poison immunity set as well but yeah even with that the alligators are a pain and the metallugy spots are so far apart. Honestly if feels more efficient to just use metallurgy in the older areas rather than running around to sieve 1 or 2 nodes and getting immediately mauled by alligators right after.

On the plus side, at least you can farm bone chips in the swamp without needing another player now.

Wow, that's neat to hear that Poison Immunity works for that.
    I was worried it'd be like the Girgashiy "poison".
    Also I've noticed a few parts of the poison swamp that are mismatched to actually being poisonous swamp.
    Like, what would appear to be dry land is actually counting as you standing in the swamp. There's a few spots here and there, around the central tree, like that.
    Sherri