Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Who else is hoping for Doki Doki to come back?

ZerukanZerukan
Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
edited February 5, 2017 in General Chat
I know Sabina's poll was to do an old valentine's event from several years ago, but they might throw in Doki Doki along with it.

I'm hoping they do since it's one of my favorite in game locations and I'd like to go for getting sweethearts flight on my new main.
  1. Are you hoping they'll bring Doki Doki back this year?121 votes
    1. Yes
       78% (94 votes)
    2. No
       22% (27 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I mean, unless the prizes are different or new, compared to previous ones, I'd probably be disinclined to participate, myself.

But even if that were the case, I'm totally on board for it to come back.
    It'd give players who missed the previous ones another chance to get the goodies, like free Doki Doki pets, and the Flight action.
    Or the dancing minigame boombox.

I can already see the potato and silvervine fields lying barren from all the overharvesting, lol!
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,280
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I mean, unless the prizes are different or new, compared to previous ones, I'd probably be disinclined to participate, myself.
    Some new stuff would be good to see too, and maybe the return of the Lunar Dragon Armor? ...Just an idea @ Nexon

• CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    Honestly anything they decide to do with Doki would be a thousand times better than choosing either of the options in the poll. At least we get permanent rewards.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 5, 2017
    I kinda got tired of all these events coming every week... I wish i could take a short break from Mabinogi, but all these good/new events are making me stay here. Honestly, i would be kind of glad if we won't get that Doki Doki event, i'm too tired of these farm/afk events, but i don't wanna miss a good chance to get some good prizes so i will be forced to do this event again for like 3rd time lol.
    IzzyKuroNekoHelsa
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    It needs to come back so I don't have to wait another year to liquefy my excess cat eyes from last year.
    Freysah
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    Let's be fair, Doki Doki is a good concept...yet it can be tiring.

Myself I find it very time consuming and since I have IRL matters to tend to, I'd say I pass.
    GretaIzzyKuroNeko
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    me! me! me! I want doki doki back or to be more exact i want to play it
    for the past 3 years of playing mabi it seems that fate has prevented me from playing doki doki event
    and i always wanted to play it after reading the forums and the wiki what i missed when my pc broke
    please doki doki island event let me experience you
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    It's a great event aside from all the grinding you have to do for the cat eyes. It was a pain the first time around to get the fruits with everyone fighting over the fields. The next time I just gathered 1.2k potatoes for the flight coupon.

It's a nice event for those who haven't obtained the flight skill, although nerfed in functionality. Only thing is they would need to add in new content otherwise it's just another boring repeat of a grinding event.
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    Omg no again pls x_x
    AndrewGRAeolysIzzyKuroNeko
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I wouldn't be opposed to Doki Doki returning, but new prizes are a must. Even better, bring back all the older prizes too. Lunar Dragon Armor, Wedding outfits and new stuff.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Doki Doki with new stuffs please :D
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited February 5, 2017
    I would love for Doki Doki to come back. I adore the soul mate tab, I think it's pretty darn cute. The island itself is gorgeous and makes a nice place for one to relax with your loved one or just simply by yourself. The event is also not one that forces you to do it every day since the prices are often a good price of cat eyes and the island is normally around for a month or so. I really hope Doki Doki comes back.

Also Free pets that are suuuuper adorable and I can get flight on my Alexina character <3
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited February 5, 2017
    ..Again? Really?
    Oh well, I'd take it anyway, free pets.
    I love the ones I got the last time Doki Doki island came around.
    One helps with fishing, another with cooking and one helps with the part time job church in Tir. c:

and I get to see Treasure Hunter again ^///^
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I would like to get Couple's flight/Sweetheart's flight for my Ruairi character.
    I also love hanging out in doki doki island. Such a lovely place.
  • RaimondoRaimondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I wasn't a big fan of the event due to the lack of a partner to do it with.
    So I just bought the cat eyes, and got gifted what I needed in difference.
    BUT. The Wedding Dresses made my day because of a certain outfit-combo. =3
  • SutaruSutaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Well I put yes just because it is decently fun and easy to get prizes from, BUT if it doesn't have new prizes then meh....

I'm not overly fond of repeated events and would rather see them come out with something new for us to do.
    With this being said though I highly doubt we will be seeing doki doki again this year since we just had it last year.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    Better than those events we polled on the other section of forum.
    I hope they don't bring either one of those two...
    Sutaru[Deleted User]
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited February 5, 2017
    I'd rather it be permanent along with the matchmaking and minigames,
    I thought that part of it was fun, regardless of petty compensation like prizes and stuff
    Zerukan
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I am all for doki doki returning. I have some cat's eyes from last time saved.
  • scorpin99scorpin99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    edited February 5, 2017
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    I'd rather it be permanent along with the matchmaking and minigames,
    I thought that part of it was fun, regardless of petty compensation like prizes and stuff

I second this thought, its been once a year for a few years not, not to mention japan has the nekojima thing, why cant it be permanent content with nekojima added?
    ZerukanLewnaJa